• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Big Thanks to Race Radio

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
Reynolds Boy said:
You bet, chief.

I remember you well as a very reasonable, rational voice from the first days I was around here.

Thanks, always :D

Just on that- I remember when I joined too and Alpe was one of the nicest most civil posters here, and I learned a huge amount from himself, Brodeal & even Big Boat, Blackcat and others.
Thanks Alpe, pity we lost your voice when you jumped on the big bucks Mod gig :eek: but you helped create a place where people could discuss all aspects of the sport.

Edit - and I forgot to add our very own TFF (thoughforfood) - the guy who worked out the limits of the forum Bio Passport, and smashed it. Great times.
 
Oct 2, 2010
11
0
0
Visit site
Appreciation, also, to the many other posters here

I just joined this morning and I've never lurked here:rolleyes: - but I have long enjoyed reading RR's insightful, considered, and perscient posts. During his brief hiatus from this forum, I followed his twitter postings, but the 140-character limitation seemed to hamper the flow of information that I had grown accustomed to from him here. There are many posters here (too many to name, and I'm certain that I would forget a few of my favorites) who, through their posting contributions have greatly expanded my knowledge and given me a greater understanding and appreciation of the profound impact that doping has (had?) on this wonderful sport. Your divergent perspectives are truly appreciated and have helped to give me a multi-dimensional view of this issue. Certainly a big "chapeau" to Race Radio, but also a huge thanks from me to the multitude of very thoughtful posters (not just the "demonized dozen") and moderators that populate this sub-forum...your contributions are also most appreciated!
 
Jul 23, 2009
2,891
1
0
Visit site
I'm going to thank thehog before he does it himself.

TFF, Bro, RR, hoggie, Blackcat and his thesaurus, Dr M, and many more. Lots of people persistently putting forth what was once an anti-establishment perspective. So many pros read this forum, hard to think that all those comments about "when the hell is Floyd going to speak out" and "Tyler needs to get it off his chest" didn't play some small role in this.
 
May 6, 2010
158
0
0
Visit site
+1

Hope you popped a bottle of champagne or the equivalent on October 10th. I'll be popping one every October 10th for the rest of my life. I haven't decided yet what I'll call the holiday. Any ideas?

Reasoned decision day?
 
Jun 16, 2009
860
0
0
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Thanks for saying this. It's a lot more work than people realize, and hardly anyone seems to notice.

We notice Alp, and we appreciate the job you do. I guess we do not say it very often, but it is hard job and i think you all deserve a big pat on the back.
Wait, I am off topic! damn it! :D
back on topic
Race Radio, seriously whenever i was having a bad day i knew i could count on you to bring some sanity and perspective that ultimately justice would be done.
Thanks to you and the mods & everyone else who looked and had the guts to say
"the Emperor has no clothes!!!"
:D
 
pedaling squares said:
TFF, Bro, RR, hoggie, Blackcat and his thesaurus, Dr M, and many more. Lots of people persistently putting forth what was once an anti-establishment perspective. So many pros read this forum, hard to think that all those comments about "when the hell is Floyd going to speak out" and "Tyler needs to get it off his chest" didn't play some small role in this.

I second this. Thanks for enlightening all of us.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,854
1
0
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Just on that- I remember when I joined too and Alpe was one of the nicest most civil posters here, and I learned a huge amount from himself, Brodeal & even Big Boat, Blackcat and others.
Thanks Alpe, pity we lost your voice when you jumped on the big bucks Mod gig :eek: but you helped create a place where people could discuss all aspects of the sport.

Edit - and I forgot to add our very own TFF (thoughforfood) - the guy who worked out the limits of the forum Bio Passport, and smashed it. Great times.

gotta be careful lumping me in with BigBoat, he can say outlandish things that have not much bearing in the truth. I aspire to getting at the truth, always.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,854
1
0
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
I'm going to thank thehog before he does it himself.

TFF, Bro, RR, hoggie, Blackcat and his thesaurus, Dr M, and many more. Lots of people persistently putting forth what was once an anti-establishment perspective. So many pros read this forum, hard to think that all those comments about "when the hell is Floyd going to speak out" and "Tyler needs to get it off his chest" didn't play some small role in this.
+ D-Queued
+ Python
 
Jul 28, 2009
898
0
0
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Just on that- I remember when I joined too and Alpe was one of the nicest most civil posters here, and I learned a huge amount from himself, Brodeal & even Big Boat, Blackcat and others.
Thanks Alpe, pity we lost your voice when you jumped on the big bucks Mod gig :eek: but you helped create a place where people could discuss all aspects of the sport.

Edit - and I forgot to add our very own TFF (thoughforfood) - the guy who worked out the limits of the forum Bio Passport, and smashed it. Great times.
Of course it is a good time for reflection as this whole thing lurches towards its denouement and the clinic '12' bask in the adulation of the masses :D . There were a few that passed through and had an impact like TFF and of course dim (and WonderLance of course). I trawled back through a few old threads and it was a bit sad to see craig1985 posts.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,854
1
0
Visit site
thing is, Dim, aka SkyProCycling went all crazy on the Sky stuff, and was a seer on Armstrong. Blinded to Wigans and Brailsford, but horns on Armstrong. That aint the exact truth innit
 
Jun 17, 2009
60
0
0
Visit site
Big Ups to RR and all of the clinic stalwarts!

I've been getting calls from all over the planet from people amazed at what's happened - they could've just lurked here and been amongst the cognoscenti.

Thanks also and especially to Greg & Kathy & Scott, Frankie & Betsy, Christophe, Filippo, Emma, TexPat, Paul Kimmage, David Walsh, and all the others who risked reputations, careers, money, and everything they had. You all are truly exceptional.