• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Big Thanks to Race Radio

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
add your reply to show a much deserved thanks and appreciation to Race Radio. Here, and on twitter

@TheRaceRadio Twitter handle

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
and Eva Maria B, and Big Pink T. All three of those handles were great ;) cant remember the one on roadbikereview

Big Pink T??
I have only ever been active on this site - so while we are thanking people, I sincerely thank all who contributed here.

I actually was suspicious but clueless when i joined in 2009, but learned pretty fast - ironically BPCs (and the rest of his usernames) continued defense of LA meant I got digging and the more you uncovered, the dirtier it got.

Quite amazing, ahem - how many documents that were in the 800 pages of the USADA decision I had already seen before.

Thoughts with Craig1985 and theswordman - they would have enjoyed this week.

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Already done some time ago but very happy to restate again.

And other senior bro's who've added pieces to the puzzle.

And it's not over yet.

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes thank you - I was educated on doping in the clinic starting 2009, and consequently so were friends and family willing or not! thanks again.

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Race Radio for all the info over the last 2 or 3 years. Thanks also for answering the one question I posted (regarding UCI finances - didn't get to thank you at the time)

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks RR for all the insights, both here and on Twitter. LA and his doping aside, for me the real issues are the injustices done to people like Lemond, the Andreus, Emma O'Reilly, Kimmage, etc (man, that list has grown long...), clean riders, young riders, etc. In fighting that, RR is a true Champion!

Yup. After so many hints and good info leading up to the federal case, I actually felt some empathy for a random internet stranger, Race Radio, when the plug got pulled on the fed case at the last minute. And when he said 'it's not over, there's still USADA and other things', I had a hard time believing. But now, well, ding **** the witch is dead, isn't he? I'm feeling celebratory and smug. And happy for those who did work over the years opening up my eyes through posts here about the real character of cycling's most famous personality. Race was at the forefront of that.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Another longtime lurker, cheers :)

I watched LeMond win in 89 when I was just a kid..

Lance never smelled right, but I was skeptical of him ever having to face the music...

Thanks RR for keeping hope alive.

Thanks Floyd for being a critical force in breaking the omerta. The way you were done in, while so many others had their day in the sun, was and continues to be wrong.

Thanks to Betsy, Frankie, Cristophe, Greg, Swart, Strock, Matt, and all of the other voices out there who have been putting forth the truth for so long.

Thanks to the admins on this forum for creating a place where such talk is permitted, and for eventually doing the right thing in putting a stop to the disruptive voices that continually tried to obfuscate and drown out the truth.

Much love for the sport and all of its riders who have tried to ride clean.. it really is such a beautiful thing in its pure form.

Keep riding y'all.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks folks. I appreciate it.

Certainly has been an active last few days.....and years.

Entering the 4th quarter with a big lead is always nice. :D Still some crazy days ahead but I look forward spending more time writing about Cross, big climbs, VAM, WATTS, wheels, gravel roads, and racing.....and not some bully from Texas.

Reynolds Boy said:
Thanks to the admins on this forum for creating a place where such talk is permitted, and for eventually doing the right thing in putting a stop to the disruptive voices that continually tried to obfuscate and drown out the truth.
Thanks for saying this. It's a lot more work than people realize, and hardly anyone seems to notice.

Latest posts