• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Breaking News Contador May Quit

People are taking what he said out of context. It's just an appeal to melodrama. "If I'm banned that would be so unfair, what would be the point? But I trust the system."

He just wants everybody to see him as a victim. I doubt he'd quit. I doubt he's thought about that at all.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
End to the honeymoon - that was fast.

Well, I'm changing my odds. Seems like we could be seeing a quick end to the Riis/AC honeymoon.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-says-he-probably-should-have-informed-riis-earlier

Now I have to wonder where the driver is, and when the other 14 will turn up.

My next odds change is whether Saxobank will have a team next year or not. That's gotten a lot closer to 50/50 than it was.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ogrady-confirms-he-is-leaving-saxo-bank?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=news_headlines

Then, there is the UCI - with more black eyes than the peanut gallery at the Children's Boxing School. Unless they come out of this being able to REALLY and PRACTICALLY detect the plastic from blood bags, they're gonna look a lot more like idiots than they already do. If they CAN throw a scare in the peloton about being able to detect that plastic, I think that will represent progress.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
His makes it sound as if it's a threat that he'll never get back on the bike if he's found guilty. If he's found guilty, I think most people would prefer he never races again since the sport doesn't really need more dopers.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
He would not quit. BS.
Even if he is suspended, he would sit it out, whining the whole way, and returning when he is 29 and take another Tour. No way he'd quit.

A

Anonymous

JRTinMA said:
Pharmador should just shut up. He needs to get rid of that dopey brother and hire PS to manage him.

Okay, that's funny...and sadly true.

He just cannot keep his mouth shut, and he needs to. Daily press conferences appear to be desperate conduct, and have done nothing to convince anyone he isn't guilty.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Okay, that's funny...and sadly true.

He just cannot keep his mouth shut, and he needs to. Daily press conferences appear to be desperate conduct, and have done nothing to convince anyone he isn't guilty.

Didn´t Damsgaard say AC is doing a Landis? That should include press conferences, of course ;)

May 15, 2010
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
Pharmador should just shut up. He needs to get rid of that dopey brother and hire PS to manage him.

This whole sordid affair is a cautionary tale for any of us who have ever written a check to the UCI without sufficient funds in their bank account.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
bobs *** said:
This whole sordid affair is a cautionary tale for any of us who have ever written a check to the UCI without sufficient funds in their bank account.

That's my opinion posted in another thread: McQuaid capitalizes on these opportunities and milks them dry. He just got caught before the cash was exchanged.

A

Anonymous

mw4apu.png

Although some of you may be a little young to understand.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:

doesn't conta have an awesome doping managerial team at saxo waiting for him. How Ironic for Conta, gets away from Lance an Bruyneel and gets popped. Wow~!

JRTinMA said:

Agreed with the 1st part a 100%-- the 2nd part is irrelevant since Frank cannot control what the UCI & the press do--and quite frankly--dirty lies can be cover-up at least for a while,but they won't go away,regardless if you have a PR machine doing the dirty laundry-even LA & Bruyneel know that...
back to the topic-- if he's too "hurt" by this situation-then "pretty please with sugar on top"--Get the fvck out"

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
It a rider were smart then he would hire McQuaid's brother to be his manager. So far it is working well for Roche.

Nope- Andrew the agent is Pats son.

You are thinking of Darach the former Tour of Ireland organiser.
28injpx.jpg

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I hope the little baby takes his tricycle and goes home !!! It would be the best thing for cycling overall. Stop crying and take it like the man you say you are, you doped and got caught man up !!! Ya like that will ever happen with him. Soon I'm sure it'll be Frank Schleck that brought his steak to him.

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
doesn't conta have an awesome doping managerial team at saxo waiting for him. How Ironic for Conta, gets away from Lance an Bruyneel and gets popped. Wow~!

I finally figured out how all this happened. JB taught AC how to do the program, then when LA and JB left Astana, they paid Pepe the trainer under the table to stay behind and manage the blood bags and program. Pepe provides a shot of clenbuterol and harvests the blood that is tainted.

They make a test run during the year and have Fuyu Li transfuse clenbuterol tainted blood and see that he is popped.

Given their successful trial with Li, they have their program in place to destroy AC.

When it came clear that AC had learned to well and would ultimately threaten the record of 7, LA/JB call in the favor, Pepe provides tainted blood and AC gets popped for Clenbuterol. Oh, and through his connections to the UCI, an additional donation makes sure that the Tour samples are sent to the German lab that is the best in the world at detecting Clenbuterol.

Now AC is going threatening to quit, with only 2 Tour (stripped of this year), and the LA legend continues.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, the timing in regards to LA and his goat-show does seem a little suspect. Especially since AC didn't REALLY come up with a positive (where's his TUE for asthma?).

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Squares said:
I finally figured out how all this happened. JB taught AC how to do the program, then when LA and JB left Astana, they paid Pepe the trainer under the table to stay behind and manage the blood bags and program. Pepe provides a shot of clenbuterol and harvests the blood that is tainted.

They make a test run during the year and have Fuyu Li transfuse clenbuterol tainted blood and see that he is popped.

Given their successful trial with Li, they have their program in place to destroy AC.

When it came clear that AC had learned to well and would ultimately threaten the record of 7, LA/JB call in the favor, Pepe provides tainted blood and AC gets popped for Clenbuterol. Oh, and through his connections to the UCI, an additional donation makes sure that the Tour samples are sent to the German lab that is the best in the world at detecting Clenbuterol.

Now AC is going threatening to quit, with only 2 Tour (stripped of this year), and the LA legend continues.
Let s make it a little simpler. Lance paid the French dopage control to give the blood to a German Lab. Then Livestrong Corp. gave somebody a billion gazillion dollars to manipulate the sample so that the douche Lance can preserve his tainted record.