• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

British politics

Page 69 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ohnson-speech-charlatan-bravado-untrustworthy
The charm, the magic, the charisma were well polished – and this is as good as the man gets on best behaviour after weeks of behind-the-scenes training. If you puzzle as to how this man, unfit for every office he has held, can be about to sweep into Downing Street, his performance today is the answer. His snake oil of choice is optimism, so miserably lacking in politics now, radiating out of him like sunshine. All fake, all sun-ray lamp that turns off in private, but it outshines his rivals and dazzles anyone willing to ignore everything we know about his rotten-to-the-core character.

Sounds like the ideal leader of a political party! :D

The knives are coming out and the purge is on inside the Conservative Party. Are you loyal enough?
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...rget-philip-hammond-speech-in-climate-protest
... Antoinette Sandbach said she was sent messages by an unnamed fellow Conservative MP demanding she leave the party. Senior Tories condemned the messages and pledged to investigate.
Also on Thursday night, Sandbach posted an image on social media of messages she said were from a colleague and suggested that similar abuse had been behind the decisions of three female former Tory MPs to leave the Conservative party.

“Barely is the ink dry on the results and the dark ops begin,” Sandbach, who supported Rory Stewart in the leadership race, wrote on Twitter. “This from a male conservative MP to me as I sit on the train home.”

The messages, which came only hours after Tory MPs voted Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt through to the final round of the party leadership contest, read: “You too are a disgrace. Time you left the party I think.” She tagged it with the words “completewankspangle” and later deleted the tweet.

In a supplementary tweet that remained live, the MP for Eddisbury added: “It’s bad enough when you get it from complete strangers. Is it any wonder three female MPs left.”

nevele neves said:
milk shake people really know what they are protesting? Probably not. They can't read anyway. The anti exit crowd have made a virtue of ignorance.

Wrong.

Correlation between Remain vote and higher educational attainment levels. In fact, so much so that educational level is a strong predictor of EU referendum vote.

Leave-vs-graduates.png

Here are the YouGov stats:

vote1b.png

Feel free to ask if you need any help interpreting the graph.

Re:

macbindle said:
nevele neves said:
milk shake people really know what they are protesting? Probably not. They can't read anyway. The anti exit crowd have made a virtue of ignorance.

Wrong.

Correlation between Remain vote and higher educational attainment levels. In fact, so much so that educational level is a strong predictor of EU referendum vote.

Leave-vs-graduates.png

vote1b.png

hooray for old people who remember the troubles of Europe's past. They vote that way.

Re: Re:

nevele neves said:
macbindle said:
nevele neves said:

Wrong.

Leave-vs-graduates.png

vote1b.png

hooray for old people who remember the troubles of Europe's past. They vote that way.

I am old.

But I'm also educated.

macbindle said:
nevele neves said:
macbindle said:
nevele neves said:

Wrong.

Leave-vs-graduates.png

vote1b.png

I am old.

But I'm also educated.
you are old? cheers to you for the education. about the age thing, people sometimes get memory loss when they are old.

nevele neves said:
macbindle said:
nevele neves said:
macbindle said:
nevele neves said:

Wrong.

Leave-vs-graduates.png

vote1b.png

I am old.

But I'm also educated.
you are old? cheers to you for the education. about the age thing, people sometimes get memory loss when they are old.

You are in good company here with Rick. Neither of you can construct a post of more than two sentences because actually you have nothing to say beyond lame trolling.

Run along and leave the discussion to the grown ups, theres a good boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS