• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Brothers in (crank) arms - Yates Discussion Thread

Page 76 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Literally not articles about Simon Yates this close to the TDF is weird. Either he has had some issues and not riding or Jayco will claim that this is actually the ideal prep for Yates to do no races which will inevitably backfire when he can't do back to back tough days. I see no in between scenario.

I guess he could ride nationals.
He's not on the startlist for it. And yes v weird. I wish there was some kind of update relating to injury or program, because last time this happened was the *** up with the TUE forms and we know how that ended. Surely the team realise how it looks.

He's not on the startlist for it. And yes v weird. I wish there was some kind of update relating to injury or program, because last time this happened was the *** up with the TUE forms and we know how that ended. Surely the team realise how it looks.
Kinda glad that I'm not the only one thinking about it. Yeah, given what has happened before they probably should give and update at this point.

Reactions: Sandisfan
If anyone has any information please report here, Simon's family are worried

p5Xe6fA.png

My theory is that he'd just had enough of Michael Matthews constant s*it talking ahead of a HOT summer of cricket.

Adam Yates has the craziest, unique history with the Tour de France.

1: Attacks the favourite group but is viciously assaulted by an aggressively deflating inflatable kilometer banner that makes him crash and sustain a scar on his chin, making him distinguishable from his brother.

2: Misses the yellow jersey on the Mont Ventoux because a once-in-a-lifetime decision reinstates Chris Froome at the same time of Bauke Mollema even though he finished far behind.

3: Misses a certain stage win because of a crash on the final descent because of being pressured by Alaphilippe who overtakes him.

4: Gets the yellow jersey because that same Alaphilippe gets a ridiculous bottle 17 kms from the line on an innocuous stage and is docked 20 seconds.

5: Goes to the line with his twin brother to make a first ever twin 1-2 on a stage in the Tour and gets the yellow jersey because it's the first stage.

It's quite incredible the things he experiences in this race.

Last edited: