• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cadel Evans is a Clean Champion

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think the better defense would be that athletes are generally notoriously poor at analyzing their own sport. Hincapies judgment in comparing the 2 events several years apart can be called into question.

But lying- why?

What motive did he have to say that in 2011.

I know hincapie is an ******* and a liar but even his type do so for an actual reason.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
But lying- why?

But telling the truth- why?
The Hitch said:
What motive did he have to say that in 2011.

I know hincapie is an fuckwit and a liar but even his type do so for an actual reason.

does he even know the rational behind his action? has not the years of living in this alternate milieu skewed norms that an individual from normal society understands?

when does one not proffer platitudes to their team leader. Esprit de corps is fundamental to team sport and performance.

Photo

BuFL6qWCQAEtxjz.jpg

Thought this pic was funny tweeted by Jens to the others in the pic.

https://twitter.com/thejensie/status/495760906060460033/photo/1

Re:

heart_attack_man said:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/more-sports/cadel-evans-reveals-what-makes-him-a-physical-freak/news-story/e3c1b73d16addf19858017e4f827869f

Thought this was funny... Physiologically different. Haven't I heard that before?
"Discussing his most intense week of training before the 2011 Tour de France at altitude in Spain’s Sierra Nevada, he says a bloody-minded focus was as important as the physical work needed to prepare his body to endure hell."
Great choice of words.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

Gung Ho Gun said:
heart_attack_man said:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/more-sports/cadel-evans-reveals-what-makes-him-a-physical-freak/news-story/e3c1b73d16addf19858017e4f827869f

Thought this was funny... Physiologically different. Haven't I heard that before?
"Discussing his most intense week of training before the 2011 Tour de France at altitude in Spain’s Sierra Nevada, he says a bloody-minded focus was as important as the physical work needed to prepare his body to endure hell."
Great choice of words.

“We were in a dingy little hotel on the top of a mountain, no one knew we were there, no media, we don’t tell anyone we’re there, we just focus on training and recovering and doing our work

lol...tell no one and they cant come knocking

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
sniper said:
Doping is just one half of Cadels story.
Motors is the other half.
Ehm.. I think most of us would want to hear some arguments for that one..

Sniper has made the arguments for Evans using a motor in another thread, I can't say they were very convincing. I'm 99.9% certain Evans doped throughout his career but I'm yet to see anything to suggest a motor was used.

Cadel Evans' Stage 20 Time Trial performance is one of the most suspicious performances I've ever seen... finishes just seconds behind Tony Martin and miles ahead of everyone else. I think he made up a 53 second deficit in about 15km.

Great advertisement for e-bikes if you ask me.

DanielSong39 said:
Cadel Evans' Stage 20 Time Trial performance is one of the most suspicious performances I've ever seen... finishes just seconds behind Tony Martin and miles ahead of everyone else. I think he made up a 53 second deficit in about 15km.

Where did you get the 53 seconds from? At the first time check at 15 ks Evans was 22 seconds off Martins time, at the second time check at 27.5 ks Evans was 7 seconds off Martin and at the finish line Evans finished 7 seconds off Martin, so he made up 0 seconds in the last 15 ks.

StryderHells said:
DanielSong39 said:

Where did you get the 53 seconds from? At the first time check at 15 ks Evans was 22 seconds off Martins time, at the second time check at 27.5 ks Evans was 7 seconds off Martin and at the finish line Evans finished 7 seconds off Martin, so he made up 0 seconds in the last 15 ks.
He was 57 seconds behind Schleck before the stage. Evans actually only took 36 second back in the first 15km, but it increased to 1:42 at the next check.

Gung Ho Gun said:
StryderHells said:
DanielSong39 said:

He was 57 seconds behind Schleck before the stage. Evans actually only took 36 second back in the first 15km, but it increased to 1:42 at the next check.

And against the popular believe (Andy not giving enough focus to this TT) Schleck actually rode a very strong time trial.

With certainty that Contador was doping and almost everyone agreeing that Schleck was on a programm, why would someone believe in Evans as “a Clean Champion“? No way and besides that he rode for teams like Mapei and Telekom.

Gung Ho Gun said:
StryderHells said:
DanielSong39 said:

I thought DanielSong39 was talking about his time gaps to Tony Martin in the stage, my mistake!
In regards to his time gains on Andy Schleck, nothing in the performance to me looks like motor use (leaving regular doping aside) but more to Evans being in form and not choking and taking that sort of time out of Schleck is that much of a surprise.

TRENDING THREADS