• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cancellara is back! How about Spartacus?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Now, after the season of cobblestones, it looks to me that Cancellara has definitely passed his peak. Despite lacking the brute force of previous seasons, he'll be again there next year to battle for the title of the best cobblestone rider of the generation. Newly developed abilities and experience are warranty.
Also, it's the right moment to take a shot at the hour record. Just like he's planning to.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
podunavac said:
Now, after the season of cobblestones, it looks to me that Cancellara has definitely passed his peak. Despite lacking the brute force of previous seasons, he'll be again there next year to battle for the title of the best cobblestone rider of the generation. Newly developed abilities and experience are warranty.
Also, it's the right moment to take a shot at the hour record. Just like he's planning to.

and im looking forward to La Doyenne,he can perform and animate race there.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:
dude -Cance is a Cobble classic rider- his racing schedule is DONE- next time we'll see him is probably for the Tour of Suisse

i know he is cobble classic rider:rolleyes:.He just talks LBL for some time now,so I think he should try it once.;)

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
i know he is cobble classic rider:rolleyes:.He just talks LBL for some time now,so I think he should try it once.;)

In one of the recent interviews he said something along the lines of sacrificing enough already and becoming competitive in LBL would mean too much time away from his family etc.

In other words, I doubt he's ever going to do it.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Cancellator said:
In one of the recent interviews he said something along the lines of sacrificing enough already and becoming competitive in LBL would mean too much time away from his family etc.

In other words, I doubt he's ever going to do it.

Yeah,I understand him.
Its just my wish because imo he is the only rider who can in reality win 4/5 monuments nowadays.From long range attack in LBL of course,he cant win it in battle with real punchers thats clear.