• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
another rider I fear for btw is arredondo, he is similar to btancurt in many ways, including getting fat quickly and his new wealth could make him lazy. this happens a lot to riders from antioquia that make it big like ardila and contreras in the past who wasted their massive talent

Mar 31, 2010
infeXio said:
One thing usually leads to the other..
not with betancurt. he can come out of winter extreme overweight like past winter and still have very good form because he trained relatively well.

Ryo Hazuki said:
problem isn;t his weight. he won p-n with 5 kg overweight, his problem is he's completely out of form
A clear case of a poster who doesn't know yet what was first: chicken or egg.

Today's stage
193. COL BETANCUR, Carlos Alberto 12 AG2R La Mondiale 5h 32' 33'' + 20' 19''

Aug 15, 2012
Marco Pantani said:
What's the point for AG2R to have him there?
It's very entertaining ok, but seriously I don't get it.
Maybe they have a surplus of jelly doughnuts on the team bus they need handled?

Marco Pantani said:
Contractual Obligations

but honestly is a stretch to say that considering he won't be able to contribute a single thing to the team in this race. Perhaps is the team's way to thank him for the earlier P-R title maybe..?

the guy just turned into a cartoon if you ask me....

hrotha said:
Maybe AG2R just needed some filler, and no one in the peloton can do that better than Betancur right now.
lots of room filled by him for sure :D
I wonder how much space he occupies riding within the peloton lately, like space for 2? :D maybe people get bother and get asked to drift to the back:D

Jan 8, 2013
hfer07 said:
lots of room filled by him for sure :D
I wonder how much space he occupies riding within the peloton lately, like space for 2? :D maybe people get bother and get asked to drift to the back:D
That's an advantage, when you can draft off yourself.

Aug 15, 2012
If i didn't already have an avatar bet under way, I'd wager he doesn't even finish. If I understand correctly he got a warning for hanging onto a team car today and still finished way way way down.

Marco Pantani said:
Or maybe they didn't know he was going to be that bad,
Or maybe they didn't have enough riders for the Vuelta,
Or maybe they want to punish him,
Or maybe they want to show the world that was more his fault than theirs,

If they didn't make him race Burgos and here that would mean that he had almost an off year with full salary. If you were the manager, would you at least wanted to make him race to get something out of him. Maybe a stage if they are lucky.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS