• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
gospina said:
"Too many cervezas in that stage"

vespEt222.jpg

Oh dear Lord.....

this is painful to see...

What an eyesore he's turning into....

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
another rider I fear for btw is arredondo, he is similar to btancurt in many ways, including getting fat quickly and his new wealth could make him lazy. this happens a lot to riders from antioquia that make it big like ardila and contreras in the past who wasted their massive talent

Marco Pantani said:
What's the point for AG2R to have him there?
It's very entertaining ok, but seriously I don't get it.

Contractual Obligations

but honestly is a stretch to say that considering he won't be able to contribute a single thing to the team in this race. Perhaps is the team's way to thank him for the earlier P-R title maybe..?

the guy just turned into a cartoon if you ask me....

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
If i didn't already have an avatar bet under way, I'd wager he doesn't even finish. If I understand correctly he got a warning for hanging onto a team car today and still finished way way way down.

Marco Pantani said:
What's the point for AG2R to have him there?
It's very entertaining ok, but seriously I don't get it.
Or maybe they didn't know he was going to be that bad,
Or maybe they didn't have enough riders for the Vuelta,
Or maybe they want to punish him,
Or maybe they want to show the world that was more his fault than theirs,

If they didn't make him race Burgos and here that would mean that he had almost an off year with full salary. If you were the manager, would you at least wanted to make him race to get something out of him. Maybe a stage if they are lucky.

TRENDING THREADS