• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Afrank said:
Clearly, that wasn't fat. It was pure sprinter muscle. :D

Still carrying some of that winter fat it seems from the pic. Note 3 ag2r riders in top 5 today:

1 BETANCUR Carlos Alberto [www.procyclingstats.com] AG2R La Mondiale 16 20 3:42:00
2 DEGENKOLB John Team Giant-Shimano 11 12 ,,
3 DUMOULIN Samuel AG2R La Mondiale 6 7 ,,
4 FONSECA Armindo Bretagne - Séché Environnement 5 5 0:03
5 CHEREL Mikael [www.procyclingstats.com] AG2R La Mondiale 4 4 ,,

Hugo Koblet said:
Betancur just wanted to show that he's just fat and not lazy. I still think he's lazy.
I am Colombian, and love to see Los Escarabajos perform, but Betancur is young and just using his raw talent, and in the long run this will not suffice. He needs to be more disciplined!!!

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
gmedina said:
I am Colombian, and love to see Los Escarabajos perform, but Betancur is young and just using his raw talent, and in the long run this will not suffice. He needs to be more disciplined!!!

this is very true. betancurt could easily become next andy schleck who when a bit older will disapear

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Nice win by Carlos,imo he has a serious shot at winning a classic,but its all about training like you said;)
...the thing about Betancur being like Schleck is frightening but I thought about it too yesterday and according to last news he is not that far of his mentality.

hfer07 said:
.....And the Fat Cat managed to win the Tour Cycliste International du Haut Var with 6 extra kilos :):p:D

I hope the Fat Cat shows up as the Big Cat this July.
rsz_1maxresdefault.jpg

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
what's weird about that? the guy is 24 so he didn't see before armstrong era and riders in colombia usually never even watch cycling in europe so they only know 1 or 2 big names. one of them being lance.

Ryo Hazuki said:
what's weird about that? the guy is 24 so he didn't see before armstrong era and riders in colombia usually never even watch cycling in europe so they only know 1 or 2 big names. one of them being lance.

What is weird about it is that lance armstrong is a disgraced name in the sport because it turned out the clinic was right. It's emerged that he was a evil bully and therefore not a good role model for anyone. Being a cyclist in Europe the last few years, betancur knows this but seems to not care, continuing to hold as his hero a bad person. Not to mention that Armstrong cheated other cyclist so it suggests maybe Betancur doesn't think cheating is wrong.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
What is weird about it is that lance armstrong is a disgraced name in the sport because it turned out the clinic was right. It's emerged that he was a evil bully and therefore not a good role model for anyone. Being a cyclist in Europe the last few years, betancur knows this but seems to not care, continuing to hold as his hero a bad person. Not to mention that Armstrong cheated other cyclist so it suggests maybe Betancur doesn't think cheating is wrong.

and who was, in that period?:confused:
It doesnt suggest anything,its your fancy

TRENDING THREADS