• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Arnout said:
Calling on the cyclingnews weight watchers brigade again:

B3dgSBMIgAAt4d5.jpg

I think he looks sharp-ish, better than he was this summer. If he grows a beard, he's literally Che Guevara.

Just hoping Cochise isn't schooling the Fat Cat on Billiard alone :D

Akuryo said:
Posted by Rigo on Twitter yesterday. But the holidays are still to come. :eek:

B5T1rBxIYAAJayF.jpg:large

Great photo!

Vamos colombia :))

On http://www.wielerflits.nl (they got it from l'equipe) is an article about Betancur. He's saying he is much better shape at this time of the year than last year. Right now 3-4kg overweight according to him. Admits he had personal problems last year, but doesn't want to tell what problems. He really wants to be at his best this year and not dissapoint. Says he is really motivated.

Also says that he wasnt at his best during paris nice last year, but I think we all noticed that :)

trevim said:
That's great news! Is he ready to race in the early season already?

I don't think so.Maybe in March...He wasn't at Skt first training camp.He started riding his bike for the first time at the start of December but his recovery isn't finished.I hope he will start racing in Tirreno to build-up for Ardennes.Tirreno,Catalunya and Pais Vasco and he will boss in Fleche and Liege!!

pink_jersey said:
I don't think so.Maybe in March...He wasn't at Skt first training camp.He started riding his bike for the first time at the start of December but his recovery isn't finished.I hope he will start racing in Tirreno to build-up for Ardennes.Tirreno,Catalunya and Pais Vasco and he will boss in Fleche and Liege!!
If he can become a bit more agressive he can definitely win one Ardennes race. Maybe not this season but since Uran left he's the very best Ardennes rider at Sky. Roche seems to want to lead there but he simply doesn't have the class.
Regarding Henao, I don't mind a slow build up to the late season races like the Vuelta and Lombardia.

trevim said:
If he can become a bit more agressive he can definitely win one Ardennes race. Maybe not this season but since Uran left he's the very best Ardennes rider at Sky. Roche seems to want to lead there but he simply doesn't have the class.
Regarding Henao, I don't mind a slow build up to the late season races like the Vuelta and Lombardia.

Henao doesn't need many races to get in form.

Betencur to win the Giro D'Italia 2015 ...there I put it out there !!

But gets the lanterne rouge at the Vuelata 2015

Swings & Roundabouts eh !

As for Henao in the classics he will have competition from Poels, Konig and Nordhaug as well for leadership roles so he would want to get moving soon

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
inthepink said:

As for Henao in the classics he will have competition from Poels, Konig and Nordhaug as well for leadership roles so he would want to get moving soon

Poels sucks at positioning, his only result in Ardennes are at Fleche and best 15th. Konig never even raced Ardennes, and you need some experience in this races. Nordhaug is Top 15 shot at best.

So yea, Henao if on some form will be still best shot. Unless Sky's sees Top 15 as good result, which I doubt.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
inthepink said:

Henao is far better then those three in the classics. By a mile.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
henao in good shape & health is as good as the best betancur for the hilly classic.
the best henao has not been seen in the last two years .

if he recovered perfectly from the injuries he will be a factor in the ardennes.

TRENDING THREADS