• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
So he was in a breakaway and many are celebrating that as some kind of accomplishment :eek:

I didnt see the whole race but the part I saw, Fatancur was sitting at the very back of the break and was not taking any pulls. Perhaps he was working hard earlier during the stage that I did not see.

That being said, he still finished 69th almost 8min behind the winner so I'm not sure what to think of this definitely would not call this the "great sign" of the new beginning.

IMO he is done and is just pedaling around to collect his paycheck and may retire or join some Colombian team next year to be closer to his family.

Ofcourse he's nowhere at the moment, but you can't expect him back at top level in two or three months after his horrible second part of 2014, for whatever reason.

Race rhytm is what he needs, and that's what he's doing at the moment. Don't care if he's 78th at 20 minutes or 130th at 50 minutes in these races.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

roundabout said:
116th in Tirreno - Adriatico

113th in Catalunya when he DNFed

112th on GC after today

will he finaly crack the top-100 in Romandie

with this rate how long do you think he is going to crack the top 3 or win again? 5 years? or at the end of his career :D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Popchu said:
Ofcourse he's nowhere at the moment, but you can't expect him back at top level in two or three months after his horrible second part of 2014, for whatever reason.

Race rhytm is what he needs, and that's what he's doing at the moment. Don't care if he's 78th at 20 minutes or 130th at 50 minutes in these races.

i think he needs to reset his mindset and attitude. then he'll probably going to full fill his potential.

Re:

roundabout said:
the thing is he doesn't seem to be improving much

it's like he doesn't actually train between races
I think there is more to it than just food. He doen't train much when back home. You only see him in a bike when posing for a picture with Uran. LOL. And there is the drinking as well. And completely unmotivated.

Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
roundabout said:
the thing is he doesn't seem to be improving much

it's like he doesn't actually train between races
I think there is more to it than just food. He doen't train much when back home. You only see him in a bike when posing for a picture with Uran. LOL. And there is the drinking as well. And completely unmotivated.

He should learn from Uran,he's training very hard even when his back home.I follow him,he's taking it very serious,too bad that Betancur doesn't follow his example.So much talent wasted :(

TRENDING THREADS