• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Maybe he will be in better shape for the last week, but if you miss a whole winter (i didn't watch him, but thats how it looked when he came to Europe in March) it simply takes too long to get in real shape.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
13min behind on the first major climb. Just as expected and as I said yesterday.

I think there are a few members here that owe me an apology :cool:

well, at least I hope that Ryo will finally keep his pie hole shut :eek:

Re:

Jancouver said:
13min behind on the first major climb. Just as expected and as I said yesterday.

I'm sorry about your teeth. But you should stop chewing rocks.

Name your wager for Betancur getting a top 10 on a stage. I'll suggest loser doesn't post in this thread for a year.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

carton said:
Jancouver said:

Name your wager for Betancur getting a top 10 on a stage. I'll suggest loser doesn't post in this thread for a year.

Do you realize how "loserish" your proposal sounds? Top 10 on a stage?

Poor Fatancur. Now I feel sorry for him as his own fans degraded him to a top 10 stage category bets as they are hoping that somehow, he will (by accident) get a top 10 stage result. Unbelievable :cool:

Jancouver said:
carton said:
Jancouver said:

Poor Fatancur. Now I feel sorry for him as his own fans degraded him to a top 10 stage category bets as they are hoping that somehow, he will (by accident) get a top 10 stage result. Unbelievable :cool:

He must go step by step.

By accident anybody get a top ten in a stage, you must be competitive.

When a was following him in Neila behind the brush car i though maybe he will never would get his past shape and progression. Now, I am not sure, but will be difficult. Or maybe he is not so good, I dont Know. He has lost weight, but he need to lose more. If when lighter he is no getting result, he could be a good domestique , no more for the rest of his career.

Bananito is in his best form since last years Paris Nice.

Him and Hesjedal were the two guys rolling up other riders when Astana went mad on that climb. Wouldn't suprise me if he was just badly positioned at that point in the race and therefore missed the split

Jancouver said:
carton said:
Jancouver said:

No climber is that likely to win an individual stage. Indurain didn't win a mountain stage in his 5 GTs and he was clearly amongst the best going uphill. No, I'm not comparing Betancur and Indurain.

It's not like I'm a huge Betancur fan. But dude's raced 40 days so far this year. That's a lot. He wasn't training for the Giro GC. He was always going to lose at least 4 minutes to everyone in the ITT anyway. But I still think he's up for beating 180/190 WorldTour riders in a stage. He's not much of a breakaway rider, so that probably means coming in with the lead group in an insanely tough Giro mountain stage. If you find that so ridiculously easy that you could do it by accident you should really stop talking trash in internet forums and try out for a pro contract.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

carton said:
Jancouver said:
carton said:
Jancouver said:

No climber is that likely to win an individual stage. Indurain didn't win a mountain stage in his 5 GTs and he was clearly amongst the best going uphill. No, I'm not comparing Betancur and Indurain.

It's not like I'm a huge Betancur fan. But dude's raced 40 days so far this year. That's a lot. He wasn't training for the Giro GC. He was always going to lose at least 4 minutes to everyone in the ITT anyway. But I still think he's up for beating 180/190 WorldTour riders in a stage. He's not much of a breakaway rider, so that probably means coming in with the lead group in an insanely tough Giro mountain stage. If you find that so ridiculously easy that you could do it by accident you should really stop talking trash in internet forums and try out for a pro contract.

Trash talking?

where? please be more specific!

... all I said was that he lost his motivation and fitness. Is that a trash talking? Gimme a break :cool:

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Jancouver said:
carton said:
Jancouver said:

I guess you didn't see todays stage. don't know what happened but betancur still looked strong with hesjedal in the chase. he will be strong in the final week

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

Ryo Hazuki said:
Jancouver said:
carton said:
Jancouver said:

I guess you didn't see todays stage. don't know what happened but betancur still looked strong with hesjedal in the chase. he will be strong in the final week

Betancur looked strong? So why did he finished 15min or so behind the winner?

Quite honestly, I never seen anybody so blindfolded and delusional :cool:

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Jancouver said:
35th today ... hooray hooray hooray! :D

Its funny how some fans are celebrating his 35th position almost like winning a rainbow jersey :cool:

It's funny how you got it wrong. There is just no such comment.
People were sticking forks into him lately, which is simply premature.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

Marco Pantani said:
Jancouver said:

Its funny how some fans are celebrating his 35th position almost like winning a rainbow jersey :cool:

Read again. Just above my post you have comments like "Good day today for Betancur". and many more celebrating his "great day" :rolleyes:

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Jancouver said:
Marco Pantani said:
Jancouver said:

Read again. Just above my post you have comments like "Good day today for Betancur". and many more celebrating his "great day" :rolleyes:

Considering where he's coming from it was a good day for him. Again, noone praised it as the performance of a world champion.

TRENDING THREADS