• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
roundabout said:
Why would any team sign him?

Nice job by Lavenu to not fire him when he had the chance.

For the very very very very very very very remote chance that they could get him cheaply and he'd actually lose weight and win a major race? :eek:

Yeah, probably not gonna happen.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Afrank said:
roundabout said:

For the very very very very very very very remote chance that they could get him cheaply and he'd actually lose weight and win a major race? :eek:

I don't think that he'll demand a big contract, so signing him wouldn't be a high risk, he could do well in a team with a few other Colombian riders. The best thing for his career would be to move to Italy or Spain with his family and signing with a team that gives him the opportunity to ride many races in that country and Giro and/or Vuelta, he could ride many races and still have his family close to him.

Ryo predicted this, "AG2R shouldnt let him go back to Colombia, he will go out of shape again." Or probably his post went something like: "AG2R are *** morons for letting this fat piece of *** go back to Colombia to fill his gut with burrito's every *** day."

Ryo was right. Ryo is always right.

Re:

classicomano said:
Ryo predicted this, "AG2R shouldnt let him go back to Colombia, he will go out of shape again." Or probably his post went something like: "AG2R are **** morons for letting this fat piece of **** go back to Colombia to fill his gut with burrito's every **** day."

Was that so hard to predict? The difference, I suspect, is that, to Ryo, AG2R is to blame.

This brat deserves no respect as a 'rider' whatsoever, in my opinion. I seriously don't know what's cruisin' his mind to act this way. Does he think fortune will eventually seek him out of nowhere? Does he want the best of both worlds whilst doing nothing to deserve it? If he just wants to live life and eat saturated fats when he feels like it why doesn't he man up and just quit the sport? No, he likes the paycheck at the end of the month when he didn't work for it. Nah, can't have my sympathy.

Mayomaniac said:
Afrank said:
roundabout said:

I don't think that he'll demand a big contract, so signing him wouldn't be a high risk, he could do well in a team with a few other Colombian riders. The best thing for his career would be to move to Italy or Spain with his family and signing with a team that gives him the opportunity to ride many races in that country and Giro and/or Vuelta, he could ride many races and still have his family close to him.

He does live in Italy with his wife and son during the season as far as I know.

Also all the "too fat" *** is so 2014 by the way...physically he looked relatively good all year. It's a matter of motivation I think - or really a severe disease, if those "Angina" rumors are true

search said:
Mayomaniac said:
Afrank said:
roundabout said:

Also all the "too fat" *** is so 2014 by the way...physically he looked relatively good all year. It's a matter of motivation I think - or really a severe disease, if those "Angina" rumors are true

Well, if he is sick is another thing, and I put my words appart.

Re:

classicomano said:
Ryo predicted this, "AG2R shouldnt let him go back to Colombia, he will go out of shape again." Or probably his post went something like: "AG2R are **** morons for letting this fat piece of **** go back to Colombia to fill his gut with burrito's every **** day."

FYI - Colombia ain't MEXICO, as in burrito ain't Colombian Food AT ALL :mad:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
search said:
Mayomaniac said:
Afrank said:
roundabout said:

uhhh?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Según explica el conjunto francés a BiciCiclismo, el colombiano llegó a Europa la pasada semana pero "demasiado tarde" para estar en Polonia y Burgos "no estaba en su programa". "Ahora no está en buena forma para competir en el Tour de l'Ain", afirman.

Ahora bien, cuando solo quedan 12 días para la salida en Puerto Banús sostienen que "él está en grupo de 11 corredores para la Vuelta a España" y que "la decisión se tomará en los próximos días, según sea su forma".

Lo cierto es que se ha quedado sin días para competir antes de la Vuelta, salvo el Tour de Limousin pero acaba un día antes de la ronda española.

TRENDING THREADS