• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 58 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ahahahaha 60 kilograms? Yeah, of course! :D

~60 Kilos is what Rasmussen was officially scheduled when in fact he was about 55 kilograms during the Tour.

I doubt 60 kilograms was even Fatancur's weight pre 2014. Seriously this is ridiculous by Movistar.

Edith says he's only 1.67. So in fact 60 kilos really may have been his ideal weight from the days of old.

Re:

hrotha said:
There's more to life than being supercompetitive and ambitious in your professional career, you know.
Sure, and I hope he finds a career that motivates him. He had to be super competitive and ambitious to get to the very top: what happened? He can't possibly feel good about himself, being underperforming and the butt of so many jokes.

Re:

hrotha said:
There's more to life than being supercompetitive and ambitious in your professional career, you know.

Yet here he is, doing competitive sports. But when did being minimally fit to do one's job become being supercompetitive and ambitious? Most domestiques are neither, many domestiques are competent and therefore praised.

He's not the student with average-to-good grades whose parents' are demanding A's at everything, rather that one kid in class who has terrible results, will certainly not pass and sports a yolo attitude. Nobody asks of him to be supercompetitive, he's not competitive at all. Does he even care?

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Didn't show up for the Movistar team presentation with "apparent visa problems". http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/movistar-confirms-grand-tour-goals-at-official-presentation-gallery

Is is very hard for Colombians to get visas to Spain. I mean, shouldn't Movistar know how to do this? They need to learn how to take care of Colombians bec...wait...Nairo is from Colombia? but that's the only exception to..ok, Nayer is from Colombia, ok, but they are brothers its not like they have any more...Wait, Anacona is from Colombia? oh well, its not like Movistar has knowledge from Colomb...wait, they have a contintental team in Colombia?!?! C'mon La Ronca, ENOUGH!

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
NQuintana made it. DQuintana made it. Anacona made it. Amador was there.
All the guys who raced in Australia made it.
All the San Luis guys, except poor Malori made it.
This visa "story" sounds like FatCat just couldn't be bothered to fill out some forms or show up to get it sorted.

Maybe he doesn't give a *** about team presentations and just didn't bother to go to the airport.

Maybe he wants to outdo Cobo's record for least successful tenure at Abarca, and is off to a flying start.

Maybe he finally has some pride and was too embarrassed to be seen being so fat.

Or maybe he's secretly at home because the only reason they hired him was to be a hair transplant donor for this guy

gettyimages_507057204_670.jpg

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :p

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
There's always the possibility that he showed up at the appropriate office to apply for a visa and they took a look at him and refused to believe that he's a professional cyclist.

This is funny. Imagine he showed up wearing the whole Movistar kit. "You look like a clown! You expect me to think you are a professional?"

Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Is Betancur Bashing considered a sport on this forum?
Nah, just an enthusiast hobby, like Betancur and his competitive eating :D
Yep. He's also a rather large, I mean ...soft, check that...easy target.

I imagine there might also be a fair bit of jelousy towards a guy who can use the first week of the Giro as a warm-up and almost bag a stage later on and who can win major WorldTour stage races while carrying around an extra 15 pounds. That's got to be annoying for the sufferfest brigade.

Re: Re:

carton said:
42x16ss said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Is Betancur Bashing considered a sport on this forum?
Nah, just an enthusiast hobby, like Betancur and his competitive eating :D
Yep. He's also a rather large, I mean ...soft, check that...easy target.

I imagine there might also be a fair bit of jelousy towards a guy who can use the first week of the Giro as a warm-up and almost bag a stage later on and who can win major WorldTour stage races while carrying around an extra 15 pounds. That's got to be annoying for the sufferfest brigade.
Not really. For me it's a way of dealing with how good Betancur could be if he got everything right heading into the season for once. He has colossal potential :(

What a load of 5h!t... Colombians no longer need visas to enter the Schengen countries, much less Spain. If this was indeed Betancur's explanation, somebody please tell this embarrassment of a professional to at least make an effort to come up with plausible excuses.

Re:

AlexNYC said:
What a load of 5h!t... Colombians no longer need visas to enter the Schengen countries, much less Spain. If this was indeed Betancur's explanation, somebody please tell this embarrassment of a professional to at least make an effort to come up with plausible excuses.

Betancur himself says it's a problem with the work permit:
https://twitter.com/cabg1989/status/692828489595142145

TRENDING THREADS