• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 80 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

yaco said:
DNP-Old said:
yaco said:
DNP-Old said:
yaco said:
Rushed into the Giro without the necessary preparation. Should have waited till the Vuelta.
We're 6 days into the Giro and his days are yet to come. Stop it with this nonsense.

Betancur has endured a limited preparation to ride a GT - This is fact ! - And he was a last minute addition to Moviestar's team.
Except it isn't.

Really - Didn't start racing to mid to late March - Last minute addition for the Giro - You provide hard data to prove my assertion is wrong.
There is no factual definition for a good preparation for a Grand Tour, since every person and rider has its own. Therefore, your remark is *******. Quintana doesn't do anything before racing a grand tour. Bad preparation? Of course not. Some riders prepare by racing a lot, some riders prepare by doing nothing.

DNP-Old said:
yaco said:
No comparison between Quintana and Betancur. Quintana rode the Tour of St Louis in Mid January.
How many race days did Quintana have between the TdF and VaE last year? 0.
How many race days did Quintana have between the GdI and VaE in 2014? 5.
How many race days did Quintana have between LBL and TdF in 2013? 0.

Fact is Betancur was under-prepared for the Giro - So far has provided little or no support to Valverde - Betancur may improve in week 2 and 3 - By the way you seem to know more than the Moviestar team, seeing that Betancur was originally not entered for the Giro.

It's a bit sad that Quintana can win one week stage races with little or no preparation.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
yaco said:
DNP-Old said:
yaco said:
No comparison between Quintana and Betancur. Quintana rode the Tour of St Louis in Mid January.

Fact is Betancur was under-prepared for the Giro - So far has provided little or no support to Valverde - Betancur may improve in week 2 and 3 - By the way you seem to know more than the Moviestar team, seeing that Betancur was originally not entered for the Giro.

It's a bit sad that Quintana can win one week stage races with little or no preparation.
Lol, go to Boyaca or Antiquoia and do some riding for a month ,then'll talk :D

yaco said:
DNP-Old said:
yaco said:

This is like talking to a wall... There is no factual definition for good or bad preparation. Period.

Can't believe no one else caught Carlitos in the corner, checking out the desert options :D

CiaL88FXEAA9TxP.jpg:large

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

carton said:
Bananito was the best Colombian in today's Giro ITT. Had to be some long odds on that one.
Can we please stop mentioning betting every few posts? This used to be a forum for cycling fans but now it looks more like a forum for gambling addicts.

CheckMyPecs said:
carton said:
Bananito was the best Colombian in today's Giro ITT. Had to be some long odds on that one.
Can we please stop mentioning betting every few posts? This used to be a forum for cycling fans but now it looks more like a forum for gambling addicts.
I wasn't mentioning or alluding to betting. I was just referring to the probabilities. I doubt there are actually betting odds on the best Colombian on the stage, but I could be wrong.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

carton said:
I wasn't mentioning or alluding to betting. I was just referring to the probabilities. I doubt there are actually betting odds on the best Colombian on the stage, but I could be wrong.
My sincere apologies then. It's just that these days every 10th post seems to be betting-related.

carton said:
CheckMyPecs said:
carton said:
My sincere apologies then. It's just that these days every 10th post seems to be betting-related.
No worries, we all have our pet peeves.

Hah!

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
On paper, stage 10 should be a stage Betancur should do really well on. These are not 1 hour mountains and resembles a bit a harder version of L-B-L, hopefully he will get in the break.

C'mon buddy. That extra bearclaw won't hurt a thing.in all seriousness he might be targeting a stage, but this one probably isn't it, though I wouldn't be surprised if he launch pads for Piti towards the end. I just don't think the form is there though.

Re:

Popchu said:
27th today in the group with all the GC favorites, which is good, but that was a rather poor attack. :eek:

A stage win will be hard, but you never know in the third week.

Poor and poor, Wellens didn't exactly had anything left to attack with cause if he had, he woulda went. He barely missed the 3 leaders today, its better than anything we have seen from him this Giro. And once again, its on those really punchy climbs.

TRENDING THREADS