• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 110 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
He will be ready to lead Movistar at the Giro.
Nope. 2013 Betancur would be ready, this version definitely isn't leading Movistar, especially not in a race such as the Giro. Amador will be the leader as he great credentials in exactly this race - rest of the team will go up the road, including Betancur, trying to win stages. Carapaz and Betancur could potentially win a hilly stage, but Im intrigued to see the rest of the team.

My preparation for the Giro has been very competitive during these last two months. I started later because of the ankle discomfort due to the crash in the Vuelta and afterwards little by little i was finding myself better in each race. I think i arrived in good shape here. I really want to do it well, "said 'Bananito'.

https://www.kienyke.com/deportes/ciclismo/carlos-betancur-giro-de-italia-2018

Rarely have seen a Betancur so motivated for a race

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I wonder if his bad showings in the Ardennes and Romandie is a result of fatigue and overracing or simply just not being good enough. If the former, he could be doing really well in the Giro and maybe win a stage, but I doubt it.

I think most people have given up trying to figure him out including his own team. Will he ever get another contract ?

Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
Valv.Piti said:
I wonder if his bad showings in the Ardennes and Romandie is a result of fatigue and overracing or simply just not being good enough. If the former, he could be doing really well in the Giro and maybe win a stage, but I doubt it.

I think most people have given up trying to figure him out including his own team. Will he ever get another contract ?

I think this is fairly accurate. He has a contract through next year. However getting another one with anyone is a good question.

movingtarget said:
Valv.Piti said:

IMHO, without the crash at the Vuelta he would have at least top 10. He looked good towards the end so it wasn't bad preparation or motivation last year.

Escarabajo said:
movingtarget said:
Valv.Piti said:

IMHO, without the crash at the Vuelta he would have at least top 10. He looked good towards the end so it wasn't bad preparation or motivation last year.

Yes he did look better for a while last year..............

He was very optimistic in the pre-race interviews and is looking sharp... Vamos!

Schermafbeelding_2018-05-04_om_16.00.09.png

TRENDING THREADS