• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 116 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Tim Booth said:
Escarabajo said:
Movistar is trying to keep this silent.
However I don't understand why they renew his contract!
If 'Movistar is trying to keep this silent', why do they keep putting him on start lists at all?

You want them to not put him in any race at all?
They have to try at least something. Probably they talk to him and they make a plan to later find out otherwise.
Other teams would probably be more public about it.

Today, Carlos Betancur posted on Instagram a picture of a group ride with Movistar in Mallorca. A few days earlier, he was not announced in the 'line-up' for this mini training camp though. Nonetheless, I think I recognize his contours in that Instagrampicture, and it would be very weird to post a picture where he is not part of. But we have seen stranger things with Betancur, so I don't know.

It would be very good if he is training with the team this early in the year. It would be better if he rides Tour Colombia 2.1 in a few weeks. Yesterday, the official page of that race announced him and he is also on the provisional start list, but we all knows this means nothing with Betancur.

Re:

Popchu said:
Today, Carlos Betancur posted on Instagram a picture of a group ride with Movistar in Mallorca. A few days earlier, he was not announced in the 'line-up' for this mini training camp though. Nonetheless, I think I recognize his contours in that Instagrampicture, and it would be very weird to post a picture where he is not part of. But we have seen stranger things with Betancur, so I don't know.

It would be very good if he is training with the team this early in the year. It would be better if he rides Tour Colombia 2.1 in a few weeks. Yesterday, the official page of that race announced him and he is also on the provisional start list, but we all knows this means nothing with Betancur.

Interesting. He's definitely not on their list of riders for Mallorca, however they allow other riders to show up for these group rides. Currently one of the ladies on their women's team is there for these group riders. Last year Landa didn't race Mallorca but showed up for the team rider to get more time with this then new teammates.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Popchu said:

he has now been replaced on the Tour of Colombia start list by Jorge Arcas

TRENDING THREADS