• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cavendish to Sky Confirmed?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Winterfold said:
Ive said it before, I am sure News Intl can spin Cav winning in Paris to be winning the Tour to most of the British public.

The Sun Page 3: "Peta, 24, from Essex thinks that the Tour Green Jersey is far more important than the Yellow one"

Something like that?

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
The Sun Page 3: "Peta, 24, from Essex thinks that the Tour Green Jersey is far more important than the Yellow one"

Something like that?

particularly if she was in a green g string or had green tits etc

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Jamsque said:
He isn't hopeless without a lead-out by any means, but I do think he is far weaker on his own than the likes of Friere and McEwen. He may get better at that with age.

My take, as ill-informed as anyone's, is that when Plan A is the usual HTC leadout and it goes wrong, there is no Plan B and it all falls apart. But when Plan A is to put him wherever he wants to be and then he's on his own, he nails it.

King Of The Wolds said:
I can understand the rude, arrogant, can't get over a hillock, even fat abuse/nonsense, but that's just silly. On top form, he's several km/h quicker than everyone else. It's really not close.

Actually, he usually gets some help, even if he isn't always delivered to the front with 250m to go - he got a lot of help from Martin in Paris last year to get him close to the front, for example, without giving him a lead out, per se. Although as pointed out, the Bordeaux sprint showed what can happen when he gets next to nothing in the way of a lead out. I don't think I can remember a GT sprint stage ever being won so easily. Check some of his early wins too.

Meh....he isn't the fastest, he is clever and has the best lead outs most of the time for his victories.

If he has no leadout, he would lose to Sagan, or several other riders. We will see in a few weeks.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
zigmeister said:
Meh....he isn't the fastest, he is clever and has the best lead outs most of the time for his victories.

If he has no leadout, he would lose to Sagan, or several other riders. We will see in a few weeks.

No. He is the fastest.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
zigmeister said:

He got his train because he earned it - he is the fastest and to make even more likely of the win he gets the train - he might be getting a little lazy now, which is why he always loses the 1st sprint of the GT then he realises what he is there for - game on.

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there still people who think Cavendish can't win without a train? For god's sake, the guy isn't lovable but he has consistently shown what he can do.

Ferminal said:
Cav seems to be denying it on twitter?

Mark Cavendish
.... @HTCHighroad until the end of this year, and I'm concetrating now on #TourDeFrance. Also, please note, all quotes are 9 months old.
13 minutes ago
Mark Cavendish
As always, I can't go 1 race without some sort of **** going on. At least it's not a crash this time! I will say I'm committed ...
14 minutes ago

As did Wiggins when rumours of his move to Sky.:rolleyes:

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
He should stand in Contador's shoes sometime. He gets in big **** every single season :p

ps: wanted to quote the post you quoted, but too lazy to look for it.

That really is lazy. All you had to do is click the arrow next to the quoted person's name and it would have taken you to the original quote.

How much is Contador earning?

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Andy99 said:
Its an injustice to say the least!

The article only said 'on a par with Wiggins'. (i.e. similar level of pay). Richard Moore may be very close to Sky, but he doesn't get to read the contracts. He'll only hear best guesses at what anyone's earning.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Captain_Cavman said:
That really is lazy. All you had to do is click the arrow next to the quoted person's name and it would have taken you to the original quote.

How much is Contador earning?

Think it was somewhere around 4million per year I think

has anyone bothered with this oakley advert/competition/viral mjigger on the cycling news home page?

http://youvs.oakley.com/

I did, (you "race" cav, in fact you get lead out by cav :eek: if you choose?!)

Anyway at the end cav cycles off flanked by two sky riders (he's in his HTC stuff).

Is this not another massive hint that the inevitable is going to happen?
A very strange hint at that.

Or am I just reading too much into this Oakley advert? Sky and Cav both being Oakley adverts themselves? Is this UK specific or are forum users from other countries getting this on their home page also?