• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 220 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
Froome & SKY will have here work cut out for them in the next few days.I expect lots of attacks from Astana , Contador & Quintana
Thomas is in top form so should be last rider . Konig has been keeping his powder dry and will no doubt be up there as well for Froome every day . Very strong team so far but I imagine the others will take them on, starting tomorrow. I expect Quintana will be very strong

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

HelloDolly said:
Froome & SKY will have here work cut out for them in the next few days.I expect lots of attacks from Astana , Contador & Quintana
Thomas is in top form so should be last rider . Konig has been keeping his powder dry and will no doubt be up there as well for Froome every day . Very strong team so far but I imagine the others will take them on, starting tomorrow. I expect Quintana will be very strong
lol he pulled like mad on at least 3 stages on the flat :D :D

I think Poels and Thomas are strongest.

Re: Re:

ILovecycling said:
HelloDolly said:
lol he pulled like mad on at least 3 stages on the flat :D :D

I think Poels and Thomas are strongest.
Poels has been pulling too, I think Sky have spread the workload across the team well. I wouldn't dare to make a prediction about the order of their train right now. Kennaugh and Poels were very good at the Dauphiné, but seem to have been working quite a bit. Porte and König are still a bit of an unknown, they ought to go well on the climbs that are coming up though. Thomas certainly looks to be Froome's main helper though.

Porte reckons he does not feel as good as he did going into the Giro which is understandable. I guess we will soon see. Sky have looked good so far compared to their dreadful Giro team performance but Saxo was bad as well in the Giro. Thomas does look good so far. There is always one GC rider that does not handle the rest day, I wonder who it will be this time ? The next stage should provide more answers about Nibali and Contador I think.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
The worst moments are from 2013, where Porte always wheeled in Contador and everybody else, just for Froome to go nuclear seconds later. It was so depressing to see a dom netrualise the big boys attacks. It shouldn't be like that, and hopefully it will not.

And I think the Poels/Porte/Thomas/Konig train will depend on the day, but dont underestimate G. Thomas. He was very good on that steep climb in Tour de Suisse.

They already are hedging themselves with Sky with the possible stolen data of Froome.
http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/90309/sky-trainingsdata-chris-froome-gestolen.html/comment-page-1

"If the data is not placed in the right context, it can be twisted to fit a certain way of thinking. This could also be because Froome oval gears use on his bicycle. Certain weather conditions are not included in the data.'' And even more strange is that Brailsford immediately put up a defence of doping accusations,

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Moviestar said:
They already are hedging themselves with Sky with the possible stolen data of Froome.
http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/90309/sky-trainingsdata-chris-froome-gestolen.html/comment-page-1

"If the data is not placed in the right context, it can be twisted to fit a certain way of thinking. This could also be because Froome oval gears use on his bicycle. Certain weather conditions are not included in the data.'' And even more strange is that Brailsford immediately put up a defence of doping accusations,

Walking a fine line there. There's a whole forum for "doping" talk.

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Moviestar said:

I think he leaked it so he could concoct just such a story... all bases covered.. nothing to see here

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Absolutely insane. Obviously the best climber in the world, and the best in many years. Who has ever annihilated a quality field like that before?

They key being "quality field". I'm having a hard time coming up with anyone else.

Nice ride by Porte too.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
myrideissteelerthanyours said:
What a great day. Great racing. Great negative reactions here on the forum. The best part is bathing in the tears of the contador fanclub who refused to acknowledge the fact that their godking hasnt won the tour in a long long time.

Yea, that loser has only won 7 GTs. Froome is about to win... his second.

Too bad you can't enjoy Froome's win without denigrating a great, great stage racer like Contador.

Oh and the chances of Froome ever having 7 GT wins is exactly 0.

richwagmn said:
What a great day. Great racing. Great negative reactions here on the forum. The best part is bathing in the tears of the contador fanclub who refused to acknowledge the fact that their godking hasnt won the tour in a long long time.

Yea, that loser has only won 7 GTs. Froome is about to win... his second.

Too bad you can't enjoy Froome's win without denigrating a great, great stage racer like Contador.

Oh and the chances of Froome ever having 7 GT wins is exactly 0.

I didnt even like Froome but now Im gonna get his face tattood on one butt cheek and ritchie on the other. AC fanbois drove me to this insanity with their claims of a Double if not Triple for AC this year when he hasnt won the Tour in such an extremely long time.

I didnt even like Froome but now Im gonna get his face tattood on one butt cheek and ritchie on the other. AC fanbois drove me to this insanity with their claims of a Double if not Triple for AC this year when he hasnt won the Tour in such an extremely long time.

You sound like a nice person.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Big Doopie said:

so true.

The guy currently holds two GT titles. Not bad for such a loser is it?

Everyone who knows anything about racing knew it was a huge long shot to win the Giro and TDF. He should be congratulated for even trying.

Froome had a great, great ride and he looks invincible. Hats off to him (see how different that is from you?). They all work harder than any of us can imagine.

TRENDING THREADS