• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Chris Hoy The Real Decoy?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
The maximum wage would surprise you.
The only exceptions being the elite of the elite.
There are material perks via sponsorship, of course.
Wouldnt know, my PC crashed playing the 2009 version, really :D

Even had a one gigabyte videocard, stupid game. But hey, got Vacansoleil winning all three GT's! Helais Wout Poels and all the other riders who ride for them now - and talented - are sh@te in that game :eek:

Irl the salaries are market comform, of course...

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
do you know how much doping costs? :rolleyes: most track cyclists make minimum wages

Yes, though that doesn't preclude them from access to PEDs.

A big difference between road and track is that track tends to be much more supported through governmental programs and funding, where road teams can survive off sponsorship, endorsements and other streams of revenue.

At the Elite level on the track if someone in the academy/sports institute/elite program/etc. has access to funds for PEDs, then the riders income doesn't matter.

Within Australia there are constant rumours about one of the elite level coaching staff. I don't know for certain either way, but where there's smoke...

On the road teams, pro riders are more likely to be able to support their own doping, whereas on the track, if it exists, it's more likely to be driven by someone senior in a development program.

At the amateur level, I haven't seen anything to suggest there is widespread PED use going on in track cycling.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Wouldnt know, my PC crashed playing the 2009 version, really :D

Even had a one gigabyte videocard, stupid game. But hey, got Vacansoleil winning all three GT's! Helais Wout Poels and all the other riders who ride for them now - and talented - are sh@te in that game :eek:

Irl the salaries are market comform, of course...

I take it this is your way of saying that you really aren't at all interested in the answer?
Oky doky. Can't say I'm surprised.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
I take it this is your way of saying that you really aren't at all interested in the answer?
Oky doky. Can't say I'm surprised.
I am sorry you feel that way, can't you take a joke?
347758.jpg

or do you just wanna be the funny man yourself?

Keep smiling man.

Being a fan of Chris Hoy, and liking what he says and does most of the time, I keep looking at this thread hoping its going to say something relevant or interesting.
Hasn't happened yet: what actually does it take to have a thread closed down?

mastersracer

BANNED
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
coinneach said:
Being a fan of Chris Hoy, and liking what he says and does most of the time, I keep looking at this thread hoping its going to say something relevant or interesting.

I agree and asked the same question myself. There's not a single story I can find even suggesting Hoy might be doping - not even a whereabouts infraction that has dogged other track racers.

Having turned to track last year after racing on the road for a long time, I've come to appreciate how technical Hoy is, and videos of his racing are often used instructionally for teaching form and technique. His performances seem to be plausibly the results of the disciplined training he's known for and superb track skills.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
mastersracer said:
I agree and asked the same question myself. There's not a single story I can find even suggesting Hoy might be doping - not even a whereabouts infraction that has dogged other track racers.

I would go as far to say that of any elite rider in any discipline, I have the most confidence in Hoy being clean.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
horsinabout said:
It's not true anyone could do sprinting - this type of grotesque muscle would be too bulky and not aerodynamic. Sprinting is a unique talent you are born with. PED's enhance and surpass natural talent.
cavs best asset is his aero profile. he has the longest sprint, can hold it for close to 300 metres, only the best few sprinters could possibly come around him if he was a leadout man going at 100%.

greipels power might be greater, but with his aero profile, his terminal velocity is less.

mcewen, even retired, has a better jump. but not enough that it won him any sprints in the past three years against cav.and mcewen has better handling.

that said, in the current peloton, there would be few if any, with a better jump, or bike handling than frodo.

perhaps francisco chicchi.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
peterst6906 said:
I would go as far to say that of any elite rider in any discipline, I have the most confidence in Hoy being clean.
have a look at the mans head, and compare it to a pic in the late 90s. you dont even have to look at his quads, or compare his kilo times to taylor phinney as a 20yo. I think TP have a faster pb as a 19 or 20yo in the kilo than Hoy. your knight, he aint clean, never was.

but he makes a fine hypocrite for a knight.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
The UCI could save a fortune on testing and passports, just by employing you and Fearless GL.
Or maybe you fancy replacing a couple of airport scanners. Are you able to check luggage as well?

Utter garbage, even by your low standards.
/humour fails on you

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
blackcat said:
have a look at the mans head, and compare it to a pic in the late 90s.

:):) Awesome biometric analysis popping up again. I think I noticed in one photo that the hair on the back of his fingers was a little longer than normal. HGH right there.:p

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
mastersracer said:
His performances seem to be plausibly the results of the disciplined training he's known for and superb track skills.

how they heck do you know they are plausible.

you do realise that when Armstrong, or any other athlete, be it Djokavic or another sport, starts talking work ethic work ethic work ethic, ethic ethic ethic works, that he or she, Radcliffe, whoever, they are competing against a similar stock of athletes, who have such a work ethic, and have the coaches and the training miles in them. It is all relative. Your position suggests, this is one competitive advantage that is exclusive to your person. Because he is quite eloquent, and went to St Andrews. One is just see a mirror and a reflection to their ideals and aspiration in him.

you have no knowledge of hoy, or insight. tis the shibboleths of professional cyclists.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
peterst6906 said:
:):) Awesome biometric analysis popping up again. I think I noticed in one photo that the hair on the back of his fingers was a little longer than normal. HGH right there.:p
yeah, its phrenology :rolleyes:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
ok, my bad then.

in my memory never has a track rider been caught on doping. I think it is very clean. steroid use is the easiest to detect anyway.
think you need to make it less ambiguous you are being sarcastic Ryo. ;)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
coinneach said:
your assumption that we dont know him is correct.

the assumption that you do and he is not the type is false.

the Clinic 12 do know cycling however, and track and trank sprint is no different, just the aids are different ;)

blackcat said:

the Clinic 12 do know cycling however, and track and trank sprint is no different, just the aids are different ;)

You are wrong, my assumption is that if someone is being discussed in the clinic, there is something that links them with PED's. So far, on this thread, we have had a photo of his thighs and mention of photos of his head. And, besides that, a lot of irrelevant drivel.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:

So as has been mentioned. So far he has

Spoken against dopers
Wins a lot
Has big legs

The sad thing is that some people here seem to think that anyone of a muscular physique could only have achieved it via doping. Of course they could be doping but the fact that a full time sportsman is his field has bigger than average legs implies that he is doping is laughable.

Then again aren't you convinced that David Moncoutie is doping?

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't be late Pedro said:
So as has been mentioned. So far he has

Spoken against dopers
Wins a lot
Has big legs

The sad thing is that some people here seem to think that anyone of a muscular physique could only have achieved it via doping. Of course they could be doping but the fact that a full time sportsman is his field has bigger than average legs implies that he is doping is laughable.

Then again aren't you convinced that David Moncoutie is doping?

This. It is a spurious thread, started because the rider has actually spoken out against dopers, and more singled out because of his nationality and this forum's continued targeting of BC, despite a complete lack of direct evidence, circumstantial evidence or even rumour, and despite a consistent and vocal anti-doping stance throughout his career.

Oh yeah he has big thighs. Case closed.

JimmyFingers said:
This. It is a spurious thread, started because the rider has actually spoken out against dopers, and more singled out because of his nationality and this forum's continued targeting of BC, despite a complete lack of direct evidence, circumstantial evidence or even rumour, and despite a consistent and vocal anti-doping stance throughout his career.

Oh yeah he has big thighs. Case closed.

evidence would suggest that the vast majority of professional cyclist take PEDS...chris hoy is a professional cyclist...therefore.................

if you would like any professional cyclist, hoy or otherwise, to be assumed to be clean it might be an idea to remove 'haud it 'n' daud it' from the sports governing body...however Hoy's boss has just endorsed them....

it is therefore an entirely logical assumption to make...

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
gillan1969 said:
evidence would suggest that the vast majority of professional cyclist take PEDS...chris hoy is a professional cyclist...therefore.................

if you would like any professional cyclist, hoy or otherwise, to be assumed to be clean it might be an idea to remove 'haud it 'n' daud it' from the sports governing body...however Hoy's boss has just endorsed them....

it is therefore an entirely logical assumption to make...
So the long and short of your post is that you have nothing.

TRENDING THREADS