• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Clean Colombians? (Arkea investigation page 27)

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
PATOMACPATO said:
Nope.. I live in Colombia and YOU CAN NOT GET EPO, AICAR and GW... on a regular pharmacy, you have to restore to the black market.

This is not BS, it's real and happend!!

I don't know about AICAR or GW1516, as they are experimental drugs and I have no idea how some schlub in a Colombian bike shop could possibly get a hold of these products, especially at the price the guy said he was being charged and even moreso in quantities to be able to offer to customers.

But EPO is absolutely available in pharmacies in Colombia, so stop lying. In fact, you can circumvent the pharmacies altogether if you know someone who can introduce you to a pharmaceutical rep. All you have to do is wine and dine him or her and you can get EPO for less than what the pharmacies charge, which is already a relatively inexpensive price for anyone with US dollars and is interested in purchasing enough for a couple of cycles to last them throughout the North American amateur cycling season.

I'm not going to say anymore because I already feel this is turning into a doping tutorial, and that is not my intent.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
PATOMACPATO said:
Tomorrow El Tiempo will announce 4 failed tests at recent Clasico RCN .. Out of few tests. Col Cycling Federation tries to hide the news, but this one leaked to the media. The sad reality is that except for 472 Colombia all other teams dont do anything to control doping. In Particular Formesan , EP UNE and Coldeportes Claro are known for their culture of doping..

good that they finally start to seriously test. explains why sevilla wasn't flying anymore in rcn last year and oscar soliz finished 2nd from movistar who are clean.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Interesting part about the doping. It is to note that even though the Colombians were doping in the national scene, they still had no chance in Europe. It came down to different variables. Speculation has been made about the lack of money for not having the Programs that the Europeans had or the body build of the Colombians not being appropiate for taking the most advantage of the EPO or blood doping. Not to forget about the limts on hematocrit makes it a loss cause to get an advantage if you already have a high red blood cell count for living in the Andes.

All in all they were gone from the European scene during the EPO peak. Little we knew that we organized the Duitama Worlds in 1995. Any other time we could have had better chance to win it. LOL.

I like the information about the 472 Colombia.

obviously colombians have the least to gain physically with doping. that's why a european doped to the moon is dominatign colombian cycling in oscar sevilla. I hope they start to seriously test epm too. there is a good start now though and I'm sure it's because they realize their european mates are clean and are tearing europe apart and that's the only way to ever go to europe4. clean.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Berzin said:
This story is so implausible on so many levels it doesn't make any sense.

Anyone who is looking for PEDs in Colombia would NEVER go to a bike shop. Why pay jacked-up black market prices when there is no black market? Absolutely ludicrous.

A bike shop may be good for for advice on dosages and administration, but ONLY IF you know people there who also dope and feel comfortable enough to talk about it openly with them.

There is absolutely no stigma with talking openly about PED's in Colombia amongst friends in the amateur ranks. I don't know about the pros. I would assume they would not be forthcoming at all for the obvious reasons of discretion.

There is no PED "Mafia" in Colombia. Anything you want you can get at a pharmacy without resorting to black marketeering. More often than not, this alleged "Mafia" consists of a very pretty young lady who works as a counter clerk, who probably won't know what these products are for outside their legitimately prescribed purposes, or why they would be used for performance enhancement.

On the off-hand you're looking for something that requires a doctor's prescription, it can easily be procured. You don't even need a doctor to write the script.

This report is more than likely made up. I don't believe in a million years any of this happened the way it was written, especially the reasons for the attack and the moto driver yelling out "Sapo!!!" to the driver minutes after he leaves the bike shop simply because he went in to ask about PED's.

In fact, I'm convinced the story is complete BS.

what?? the link in that post you quoted is just matt rendell talking about fignon and colombian cycling history. where is anything you mentione dmentioned in that article?

Ryo Hazuki said:
what?? the link in that post you quoted is just matt rendell talking about fignon and colombian cycling history. where is anything you mentione dmentioned in that article?

it was another article,same site guess. probably an invented story about the big cycling gangsters who deal aicar and epo. wow:eek:. in colombia lol
and if it wasn't invented, it really had a happy ending. that arrogant detective guy was looking for trouble. things like these might happen when you don't mind your own business

here it is
http://www.cyclinginquisition.com/2014/01/omerta-and-violence-cost-of-merely.html

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
corti is so desperate he took colombian riders who everybody warned him against like largo. still they tested largo on his blood for number of months like they do with all colombians from colombia before singing them. but largo was too much of a risk. he also wanted to take millan but he was already caught

Escarabajo said:
+1.

I need more details. He had just arrived from Colombia into Europe. So we need to know what this non-negative means.

Its an adverse analytical finding, so something the lab actually found.

The details should remain secret at this time, until the B sample is tested, and if necessary a case is opened, or the cyclist is cleared (by a negative B sample).

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
that's why in the epo 90s colombia got compleyel trashed in europe :rolleyes:

Di Luca got busted for EPO last year, it hasn't gone away.

But the Colombians are different from other humans, they dont succumb to the weakness of doping.:rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS