• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Colombia - Coldeportes

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Arredondo said:
I was wondering if Michael Rodriguez Galindo has retired? Haven't heard anything of him since he's gone with Colombia.

Ryo perhaps?

he's gone back to colombia to ride in ebsa boyaca team, julio camacho as well and he also rides in mexico for arenas tlax. dalivier ospina rides in colombia for indervalle team, suarez went back to epm une. I think that is all.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
he's gone back to colombia to ride in ebsa boyaca team, julio camacho as well and he also rides in mexico for arenas tlax. dalivier ospina rides in colombia for indervalle team, suarez went back to epm une. I think that is all.

Thanks for the info. Found it rather weird i couln't find any indication he still rides. He was 6th in the Tour de l'Avenir in 2009 finally

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Corti again...

Chalapud, Duarte and Pantano, the best climbers of the team, riding Slovenie without any real mountain stage... and the other half of the team Colombia with Rubiano in Route du Sud with a high mountain stage (Tourmalet, Aspin and Val Louron), and another hilly stage...

I think Slovenie is perfect for riders like Rubiano, and Route du Sud for Chalapud and Duarte.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ruudz0r said:
Not really the right thread, but does anyone know how Argiro Ospina is doing this year, after his failed Europe adventure last year?

he's in coldeportes team doing ok, but nothing near how he ride previously in colombia because they are doing bio passport now in colombia and most colombian teams

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
pianomagic said:
Corti again...

Chalapud, Duarte and Pantano, the best climbers of the team, riding Slovenie without any real mountain stage... and the other half of the team Colombia with Rubiano in Route du Sud with a high mountain stage (Tourmalet, Aspin and Val Louron), and another hilly stage...

I think Slovenie is perfect for riders like Rubiano, and Route du Sud for Chalapud and Duarte.

yes corti is a total idiot. almost unbelievable. chalapud is in amazing form judging luxemburg

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Arredondo said:
Thanks for the info. Found it rather weird i couln't find any indication he still rides. He was 6th in the Tour de l'Avenir in 2009 finally

he was an amazing talent but no good mentality. in colombia team he rarely trained and only wanted to go home to colombia all the time.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
yes corti is a total idiot. almost unbelievable. chalapud is in amazing form judging luxemburg

yeah,thank god Atapuma got out of there.bmc is not a paradise for developing riders but still better than coldeportes.I expect good things at Tour from him (esp if tjvg will fade:D) - stages,kom mainly.
Chalapud should go to orica instead,Chaves is doing great here even tho he is probably more of a talent than Chalapud.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ruudz0r said:
Hector Urrego C. ‏@HectorUCiclismo 17 min.17 minuten geleden
Oficial : BRYAN RAMIREZ entre los 16 inscritos por el TEAM COLOMBIA ante la UCI el viernes anterior. No está FABIO DUARTE.

dont know his source but sounds very possible.
do you know where is duarte going?

Daniel Felipe Martinez has also signed for the team according to: http://revistamundociclistico.com/r...-felipe-martinez-sigue-ligado-a-colombia.html

THis part of the article makes no sense to me

Daniel Martínez, quien tuvo el placer de entrenar en el velódromo en el que el jueves el austriaco Matthias Brändle superó la marca de la hora, tiene claro que por su juventud (20 años), en el Team Colombia su tarea será de aprendizaje y aporte de gregario, "a semejanza de lo que hizo Rigoberto Urán en sus primeros años en Europa", le dijo en exclusiva a

Can someone translate that? I dont understand the 20 years and the part about Uran.

The transfers is a little strange as Martinez is currently still a junior! very talented rider though!

Ruudz0r said:
Daniel Felipe Martinez has also signed for the team according to: http://revistamundociclistico.com/r...-felipe-martinez-sigue-ligado-a-colombia.html

Daniel Martínez, quien tuvo el placer de entrenar en el velódromo en el que el jueves el austriaco Matthias Brändle superó la marca de la hora, tiene claro que por su juventud (20 años), en el Team Colombia su tarea será de aprendizaje y aporte de gregario, "a semejanza de lo que hizo Rigoberto Urán en sus primeros años en Europa", le dijo en exclusiva a

Can someone translate that? I dont understand the 20 years and the part about Uran.

The transfers is a little strange as Martinez is currently still a junior! very talented rider though!

That because of his young age, he will have to go through a learning process and ride in a supporting role, similar to what Uran had to do when he came to Europe.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ruudz0r said:

they are just bs'ing about him having to work himself up as a helper like uran (never) did (btw) and that he trains in same track as brandle rode hour record in aigle. martinez is kind of the uci sensation of this year as he was riding as a 17 year old junior among pro's and elite's because he was that strong

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
by the way martinez is part of the group of alex carera , manager well known in italy.
martinez is talented , even if at the worlds in ponferrada he did not perform well ( i do not remember if he fell but i am pretty sure that the colombian that fell was superman lopez , the winner of the avenir..).

i do not think that going with corti is a good thing for him.
team colombia is very bad in preparing and developing rider.
team colombiai is expected to come in italy in january again, so they gonne miss a good preparation again.
corti is continuing to do the same mistake.
team colombia will not be a good opportunity for martinez , unless he follows some other kind of preparation different from the team, arranged by carera that maybe wants to keep him close under his wings, in europe.
maybe carera does not want to leave martinez in colombia, where a rider run a logical risk of taking the wrong road.

proffz said:
by the way martinez is part of the group of alex carera , manager well known in italy.
martinez is talented , even if at the worlds in ponferrada he did not perform well ( i do not remember if he fell but i am pretty sure that the colombian that fell was superman lopez , the winner of the avenir..).

team colombiai is expected to come in italy in january again, so they gonne miss a good preparation again.
team colombia will not be a good opportunity for martinez , unless he follows some other kind of preparation different from the team, arranged by carera that maybe wants to keep him close under his wings, in europe.
maybe carera does not want to leave martinez in colombia, where a rider run a logical risk of taking the wrong road.

Martinez did get ill before this years worlds which was his biggest target this year.
In the 2013 Worlds Martinez was very strong though!

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
proffz said:

martinez was sick before the wc

Ruudz0r said:
http://www.biciciclismo.com/es/fabio-duarte-quiere-dar-un-paso-adelante-en-2015-05-11-2014

Duarte will leave the team, he says he needs to train better and harder and improve his mentality but he still has big ambitions.

Don't blame him at all- He really failed to achieve what it has been expected from him after an early success in his career. The problem is which will be willing to "re launch" him? Lampre? - he'd be stuck there too.....

I'd say Garmin or IAM....

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Ruudz0r said:
Martinez did get ill before this years worlds which was his biggest target this year.
In the 2013 Worlds Martinez was very strong though!

you are right, martinez had an rinary tract infection before the words.
he has a big engine , i still think that team colombia , unless a big change happens, is the worst choice.

duarte is very talented, he has big numbers , but all along his career he struggled with consistency.
i do not think that lampre that is very badly organized is the right choice for him.
i hope he will go to another team. he need to be very strictly followed because his motivation and his training ethics are very doubtful.
only salda the great was able to really motivate him, but at the end even salda was deceived by duarte.
i think he has the skill too win hilly classics ( liege, lombardy) and beautiful mountain stages in big tour.
i think he will always suck in GC in GT, because of his lack of consistency.
in his career he has always had very bad days in stage races, remember especially what happened in vuelta colombia.