• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Colombia - Coldeportes

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
gustavoduncan said:
here i post an editorial i wrote yesterday. it's based on an interview i made to saldarriaga, rueda and echeverry from the 4-72 team, former colombia es pasion. sorry it's in spanish:

http://altimetriascolombia.blogspot.com/2013/06/colombians-are-back.html

i think it's confirmed the deficiencies of corti on riders preparation. actually he is not using power meters to prepare them

You write for "El Pais" ?:eek:

gooner said:
Terrible news for Chaves. Just had another operation on Friday. Doctors say he mightn't get full movement back in his right arms.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...icult-recovery-after-nerve-damage-to-arm.aspx

Hopefully Chaves can get back to full fitness but I still think this team needs a couple of good additions at the end of the year. Duarte done well at the end of the Giro but Atapuma has been a bit of a disappointment. I didn't notice him too much at the Giro and He didn't even stand out in Turkey against inferior opposition where I thought he would take the overall.

Arredondo(who won yesterday) and Acevedo are the obvious ones. Let's hope they have the budget for it.

God- Please not another Soler destroyed by Corti:(:mad:

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Dont know what is the problem?

Ryo Hazuki said:
savio is italian and he has no friends and connections in colombia anymore. there's not much hope for a big colombian team, because what good director would they need? colombian directors from colombian teams don't want to go. saldarriaga is probably the best trainer/director. but he doesn't have a big sponsor and the manager of that team luisa, is an idiot who makes more enemies than friends

Ask Corti to hire the top 10 of Vuelta a Colombia GC, including Sevilla, now a colombian National.. That doesn't cost him much as Sevilla the most expensive makes €100K a year, and with those guys he demolishes everybody!!
:) ie Millan did 6.2 watts/kg on next to last stage in V a Col for more than 40'!HES IS AMAZING,!

And rehires Suarez and Marentes ( with birlliant participations at Vueltas as well) to support this super roster!!

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
PATOMACPATO said:
Ask Corti to hire the top 10 of Vuelta a Colombia GC, including Sevilla, now a colombian National.. That doesn't cost him much as Sevilla the most expensive makes €100K a year, and with those guys he demolishes everybody!!
:) ie Millan did 6.2 watts/kg on next to last stage in V a Col for more than 40'!HES IS AMAZING,!

And rehires Suarez and Marentes ( with birlliant participations at Vueltas as well) to support this super roster!!

Definitly agree with Milan. He did a terrific job in la Vuelta, that bad day was terrible, because he was the man who did the most impressive job.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
colombia coldeportes project is collapsing
they do not pay the riders since 3 months.
the best rider have signed or are discusssing with wt teams
i do not think that we will see anymore them next year.
the only hope is that corti can bring to europe the best talent of colombia clark, even if jaramillo and henao are gone.
probably only a continental team in south america will survive the project

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Arredondo said:
Definitly agree with Milan. He did a terrific job in la Vuelta, that bad day was terrible, because he was the man who did the most impressive job.

I know it's hard to understand with the riduclous way he expresses himself but he's actually being sarcastic about millan, for other reasons

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
profff said:
colombia coldeportes project is collapsing
they do not pay the riders since 3 months.
the best rider have signed or are discusssing with wt teams
i do not think that we will see anymore them next year.
the only hope is that corti can bring to europe the best talent of colombia clark, even if jaramillo and henao are gone.
probably only a continental team in south america will survive the project

colombia claro has already been announced they will quit at the end of this year. coldeportes are unhappy with corti and the riders. so they stop paying I suppose.

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
What about Sebastián Henao, Daniel Jaramillo, Einer Parra, Juan Chamorro, Edwar Beltrán, Évert Rivera, Hernando Bohórquez, Diego Ochoa, Ronald Gómez, Luis Largo, Javier Gómez, Isaac Bolívar, Brayan Ramírez, Félix Barón, Hernán Parra, Kevin Ríos. A much better team than current Colombia-Coldeportes team, and with cyclists born in 1990-1993.

Some riders from current Colombia-Coldeportes have a worse level than riders from Multirepuestos Bosa or Ciclos Soacha... being Corti one of the main reasons

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
before they went to coldeportes most of those riders ahd extremely high level too, but many riders got f'd up by corti's ridiculous training, going to snowy italy in decenber instead of staying in colombia for as long as possible. great example are valencia and uber quintero. last year they rode greatly as stagiares because they werem't trained by corti. this year they are the worst riders of the team

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Who is the ridiculous?

Ryo Hazuki said:
I know it's hard to understand with the riduclous way he expresses himself but he's actually being sarcastic about millan, for other reasons

Well, IN FACT I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!.. because if you belive that a more than normal cyclist can perform that well in just one year.. it got to be an explanation and that was doping!..

Who is the ridiculos? The one that turst that kind of ridiculus performance & cheating or the one that knows what cheating is about! :rolleyes::D

EPO-CERA at Vuelta a Antioquia.. and eventually more to come!

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
pianomagic said:
What about Sebastián Henao, Daniel Jaramillo, Einer Parra, Juan Chamorro, Edwar Beltrán, Évert Rivera, Hernando Bohórquez, Diego Ochoa, Ronald Gómez, Luis Largo, Javier Gómez, Isaac Bolívar, Brayan Ramírez, Félix Barón, Hernán Parra, Kevin Ríos. A much better team than current Colombia-Coldeportes team, and with cyclists born in 1990-1993.

Some riders from current Colombia-Coldeportes have a worse level than riders from Multirepuestos Bosa or Ciclos Soacha... being Corti one of the main reasons

jaramillo has signed for orica , sebastian henao also another wt team
some of the others you named are great prospects but they are very young and they have to be seen in europe.
I would really like to see the team you are imaging in europe, under the guidance of saldarriaga and i am sure they will perform better than corti's colombia coldeportes.
but be careful, unfortunately the equation great performances in colombia=great performances in europe is not always true.
some riders are always underperforming when they are subjected to the biological passport rules.
adaptation, bad training and managing by corti are for sure very important factors but unfortunately not the only ones.
please do not refer specially this words to valencia and quintero
and everybody knows that i am one of the greatest fan of colombians in this forum, well before the escarabayos displayed to all the world the skills and engines me and ryo and few others were crediting to them.

colombia for cycling is like kenya and Ethiopia for running , but colombian cycling needs to be well managed by the governing bodies.
that deals also with clinic related issues ( that i do not want to discuss here) but also with other standpoints.
Cycling in colombia is growing again and the best has yet to come, but as it happens in any growing situation there is a strong need of good policies and management

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Could not Agree more with you! GOOD POINTS

profff said:
jaramillo has signed for orica , sebastian henao also another wt team
some of the others you named are great prospects but they are very young and they have to be seen in europe.
I would really like to see the team you are imaging in europe, under the guidance of saldarriaga and i am sure they will perform better than corti's colombia coldeportes.
but be careful, unfortunately the equation great performances in colombia=great performances in europe is not always true.
some riders are always underperforming when they are subjected to the biological passport rules.
adaptation, bad training and managing by corti are for sure very important factors but unfortunately not the only ones.
please do not refer specially this words to valencia and quintero
and everybody knows that i am one of the greatest fan of colombians in this forum, well before the escarabayos displayed to all the world the skills and engines me and ryo and few others were crediting to them.

colombia for cycling is like kenya and Ethiopia for running , but colombian cycling needs to be well managed by the governing bodies.
that deals also with clinic related issues ( that i do not want to discuss here) but also with other standpoints.
Cycling in colombia is growing again and the best has yet to come, but as it happens in any growing situation there is a strong need of good policies and management

Of all posts I've seen here this is the most centered and accurate one!! Colombian cycling is huge, with inmense potential.. but doping is a HUGE ISSUE.. If we had good, forward looking leadership ,Colombian cycling would be HUGE! We would get 20/40 riders in WT teams, and Vuelta a Colombia could be a big event!

But before this WE HAVE TO ERRADICATE DOPING!

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Biciciclismo says that Duarte will not go to a other team, but will stay with Colombia.

Colombia would be better off with Atapuma or Chaves though, because Duarte isn't going to make the progression he has too.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if Colombia is going to sign talents like Rivera, Chamorro, Parra or Largo. They really have to drop some guys who are not talented enough for the european races (Suarez, Duber Quinteiro, Camacho), because they don't have a lot of guys who can compete on the highest level. Pantano, Chalapud are nice riders, but except Duarte (which i don't put any confidence on though) and Avila, they don't have riders who can grow and play a role in de finale of the biggest races in Europe.

Does anyone have a idea why Edward Beltran is never signed by a European team? He was 2nd in the GiroBio though, behind Betancur.

Arredondo said:
That's what im saying. I know he's gone. What im trying to say is that Colombia would be better of with Atapuma than Duarte.

Duarte has had some problems again this year (dont know what exactly). They still have a lot of faith in him and they should, cause he is a class act. I was hoping for a new team for him though.

Edward Beltran is not progressing anymore, he was very young when he did good in the baby giro so thats maybe why he wasnt signed yet, or maybe he didnt want to go to europe at that time.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Ruudz0r said:
Duarte has had some problems again this year (dont know what exactly). They still have a lot of faith in him and they should, cause he is a class act. I was hoping for a new team for him though.

Edward Beltran is not progressing anymore, he was very young when he did good in the baby giro so thats maybe why he wasnt signed yet, or maybe he didnt want to go to europe at that time.

It's difficult to progress if you don't race that often with EPM, but i agree that his races in the US aren't that good to speak about a contract with a PCT or PT team.

TRENDING THREADS