• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador & Armstrong will never be caught for EPO or blood boosting and here's why!!

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Deadlift said:
I will reiterate...

Dopers do crap, keep doping & get even crapper.

Anyway, bedtime...

You mean like East German athletes? Sorry, that's a whole country.

Like powerlifters which include Deadlifters? No, you're right, Dope don't do nothing, NOTHING, nada.;)

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Deadlift said:
Now lets stop overrating the damn CRAP...

Bro, take a modafinil and tell me PED's don't work, and a modafinil is nothing. That $hit makes you a completely different person for cripes sake.

Is anyone home there?:)

May 26, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
Bro, take a modafinil and tell me PED's don't work, and a modafinil is nothing. That $hit makes you a completely different person for cripes sake.

Is anyone home there?:)

No sadly for him/her, the wheel is there but the hamster died a long time ago.

Deadlift said:
History states; if Lance juices up in 2010 and Wiggins runs clean, Wiggins will beat him. History has stated this fact.

Doping doesn't win you the Tour.

What history states is that you are a fricken' idiot, as you continue to make the same lamebrained claim over and over again, without ever offering the tiniest shred of proof that anything you say has even a passing acquaintance with fact.
Here is how it looks to me, an impartial observer.
You make some rediculous statement as if it was fact. Several other people waste their time presenting facts that discredit your "theory". You come back with an even more asinine statement using the now "documented" veracity (in your mind) of your first statement as "proof" that this new flight of fancy has a leg to stand on.
For awhile it was entertaining, but now it is getting old.

Everyone remember the old adage "feed a cold, starve a troll".

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Slayer said:
Well, to help Deadlift out here, a pint of beetroot juice a day can improve time to exhaustion by 16%.

That's not insignificant if you think that a moutain stage finish is almost like a time to exhaustion competition.

I wonder how long the top pros have known about this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8186947.stm

While I will give you a thumbs up for providing something of substance to this train wreck of a thread, "After drinking beetroot juice the group was able to cycle for an average of 11.25 minutes - 92 seconds longer than when they were given the placebo" not a realistic time frame when you put it in context of a 6 hour stage.

As a side note beet juice is very high in sugar.

L29205 said:
While I will give you a thumbs up for providing something of substance to this train wreck of a thread, "After drinking beetroot juice the group was able to cycle for an average of 11.25 minutes - 92 seconds longer than when they were given the placebo" not a realistic time frame when you put it in context of a 6 hour stage.

And it tastes really really bad.

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
L29205 said:
While I will give you a thumbs up for providing something of substance to this train wreck of a thread, "After drinking beetroot juice the group was able to cycle for an average of 11.25 minutes - 92 seconds longer than when they were given the placebo" not a realistic time frame when you put it in context of a 6 hour stage..

Well, this is how these studies are usually done with EPO and banned stimulants like modafinil. They shove ordinary people on an excersize bikes and see the difference. It probably wouldn't be as much as 16% for a pro but it could still do something. I'm surprised it hasn't been researched at a high level. The process behind it is very interesting.

L29205 said:

You have to wonder if they compared beet root juice to a sugar solution with the same number of calories.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Slayer said:
Well, this is how these studies are usually done with EPO and banned stimulants like modafinil. They shove ordinary people on an excersize bikes and see the difference. It probably wouldn't be as much as 16% for a pro but it could still do something. I'm surprised it hasn't been researched at a high level. The process behind it is very interesting.

This where I start to disagree, it is a simple fact EPO provides more red blood cells. Transfusion provides more red blood cells. More O2 = better performance.

During chemo my dad's red blood cell count was able to be maintained at a normal level when twice a week the oncologists were trying to kill what was killing him. EPO is a wonder drug if used properly.

BTW, switch to Firefox as a browser, it will catch most spell check issues like excersize. Unless you were trying to make a statement by misspelling a common word that is used on a cycling forum day in day out.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Deadlift said:
I know because I'm proving you wrong. That the history of EPO's most prevalent users, didn't win tours & didn't see improvements in there performances. We can see that through the years. History says so.

History says you do not know what you are talking about. The easy thing would be to call you a moron....but that is what you want as there is no way you actually believe this. I find it hard to believe that anyone who has the mental skill to turn on the computer and get on the internet could be so clueless so this must be just another attempt to troll by writing the stupidest thing you can think of.

Pantani, Ulrich, Armstrong, Riis, Rominger, Tonkov, Argentin, Chiappucci. All won Tours and saw huge improvements with EPO.

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
L29205 said:
This where I start to disagree, it is a simple fact EPO provides more red blood cells. Transfusion provides more red blood cells. More O2 = better performance.

You're not really disagreeing with me. I don't dispute that. But I'm saying that beetroot juice might still make a not insignificant difference. There needs to be more studies.

However, I have read accounts of regular cyclists who have done EPO who were a little disappointed by it. They say they improved but they didn't start beating everyone under the sun. So maybe there is a little something in the idea it can be over hyped. You still have to train hard and have the talent to be a high level cyclist.

Indeed, all this talk of EPO transforming people might encourage people to dope. They think all they have to do is have a couple of injections and they can be as good as a grand tour winner. It's not really true.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
History says you do not know what you are talking about.................Pantani, Ulrich, Armstrong, Riis, Rominger, Tonkov, Argentin, Chiappucci. All won Tours and saw huge improvements with EPO.

Remind us.

Deadlift

BANNED
Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
History says you do not know what you are talking about. The easy thing would be to call you a moron....but that is what you want as there is no way you actually believe this. I find it hard to believe that anyone who has the mental skill to turn on the computer and get on the internet could be so clueless so this must be just another attempt to troll by writing the stupidest thing you can think of.

Pantani, Ulrich, Armstrong, Riis, Rominger, Tonkov, Argentin, Chiappucci. All won Tours and saw huge improvements with EPO.

History proves you wrong. EPO is overhyped & does very little in the way for producing an eventual Tour winner.

Deadlift said:
History proves you wrong. EPO is overhyped & does very little in the way for producing an eventual Tour winner.

Wow. Pharmstrong in 99 (at least with the EPO). Pantani's 'improved' TT capacity in the Giro and TdF TTs? Heras' 'improved' TT capacity in the Vuelta? Riis' 'improved' climbing capacity in the TdF? Ullrich? Looks like Hamilton was doped to the eyeballs the year he came in 4th at the TdF; blood doping at the olympics and vuelta.

Looks like history proves you wrong.

HAGDDA :D

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
I just don't understand why so many riders keep taking EPO and getting caught when they don't even get much benefit from it anyway. They must just like attention. :confused:

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
No, it's because they have to settle with mediocrity as they don't have access to Lance and Bertie's "miracle supplements".

:D I thought it was really open minded of the OP to allow for the possibility of strange exotic supplements whilst ruling out the possibility of anything banned..he's clearly a thinker..at the "for front" of doping technology.