Contador: "I have never doped. Never."

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
Aguirre said:
People like you are killing the sport.
Nobody's killing nobody, nobody's killing nothing, but at least one can aspire honesty.
AC was on Fuente's list.
Good luck denying that.
AC's "nunca, jamas" is a joke, really..
 
Aguirre said:
well, it seams both we speak the same lenguage or are able to understand. I will never defend De Andrés who I find being a weak journalist, but your arguments are just partial, saying what you say it means the following: the system is perfect, the laws are fine, the UCI makes a brilliant job and cyclist are always guilty.

I'm following closely your editorial line on doping and wonder you never, never defend any, any rider. Never. People like you are killing the sport.

You represent the complete antagonistic figure than Carlos De Andrés, but same problem remains
I refuse to take any blame for killing the sport while the ones who are doping and/or enabling the dopers walk away scot-free. Regardless, I'm explaining how De Andrés was soft on Contador, so my own position is irrelevant to the discussion.

I do defend the riders, mind you. The clean ones. They exist, and they're the true victims here.
 
Aug 31, 2010
48
0
0
ridecanada said:
Spain has produced more cheaters in the last 5 years than any other country. How would you explain it? Their governing body does little to stop it, they do even less to punish those involved.

Its a culture of cheaters.
I assume that you, like me, are from Canada so let's look at the top sports in Canada. National Hockey League: testing is a joke. The league don't want to know about it and neither does the public. Better to have a crap testing program and say everything is fine. Canadian Football League: no testing until recently but common knowledge that doping takes place. Major League Baseball: long history of doping. University Football: University of Waterloo suspends football team due to doping.

Would you also say we have a culture of cheaters?
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Derukeman said:
Contador's attitude is disgraceful at the very least. He's complaining about his treatment..it's laughable...he does nothing for his teammates, more likely, he's concerned with Alberto. Say whatever you want about Lance, he at least suffered for his teammates to win...just ask Levi in California
Lance is a team player period. He has improved the lives of many his teamates and his super fans like me. chapaue Lance Contador Grrr!
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
flicker said:
Lance is a team player period. He has improved the lives of many his teamates and his super fans like me. chapaue Lance Contador Grrr!
he taught dogs to use the internet and post regularly ;)
 

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
1,852
0
0
ridecanada said:
Spanish culture says its ok to cheat and lie, and if you get caught, we will find a way to show it was someone elses fault.

You don't hear Contador answering for anything, just saying that he will hold his breath until he turns blue if they find him guilty.

Why was his body filled with plasticizers?

The Spanish food agency said that Contador should file a complaint with them if he ingested Clenbuterol from meat. No formal complaint has been made.

Remember when he said he couldn't remember where the meat came from? then that his manager had the bill? then the manager said he gave it to Astana? but no bill could be produced by ****ador. Smoke screen if there ever was any.

Spanish riders cheat. Its a way of life in their country. Spanish culture is good with cheaters and liars. Manolo Saiz is going to have a team again. The man that is at the centre of many cheating scandals.

I've never taken the result of any race where a spaniard one seriously. Chances are they are doped, as the country supports dopers.
AFAIK the Spanish are Humans.

Humans cheat period.

Tall ones, short ones, black ones, white ones, and all shades and sizes in between.

I feel like Dr. Seuss.

You're not serious with this stuff, are you?
 

Skandar Akbar

BANNED
Nov 20, 2010
177
0
0
serious?

ridecanada said:
Spanish culture says its ok to cheat and lie, and if you get caught, we will find a way to show it was someone elses fault.

You don't hear Contador answering for anything, just saying that he will hold his breath until he turns blue if they find him guilty.

Why was his body filled with plasticizers?

The Spanish food agency said that Contador should file a complaint with them if he ingested Clenbuterol from meat. No formal complaint has been made.

Remember when he said he couldn't remember where the meat came from? then that his manager had the bill? then the manager said he gave it to Astana? but no bill could be produced by ****ador. Smoke screen if there ever was any.

Spanish riders cheat. Its a way of life in their country. Spanish culture is good with cheaters and liars. Manolo Saiz is going to have a team again. The man that is at the centre of many cheating scandals.

I've never taken the result of any race where a spaniard one seriously. Chances are they are doped, as the country supports dopers.
I like the way you have the Spanish all figured out on this doping thing. Wow you can not be serious?

Contador says he never doped but the A and B says something different.
 
bike_framed said:
I assume that you, like me, are from Canada so let's look at the top sports in Canada. National Hockey League: testing is a joke. The league don't want to know about it and neither does the public. Better to have a crap testing program and say everything is fine. Canadian Football League: no testing until recently but common knowledge that doping takes place. Major League Baseball: long history of doping. University Football: University of Waterloo suspends football team due to doping.

Would you also say we have a culture of cheaters?
Oh yeah? Well I think you guys up there are small potatoes compared to the PED use that goes on in American football. Just so they don't feel left out why don't we throw in English and Italian football (soccer to us) and how about Aussie Rules or Rugby.
Actually let's just say that any sport where PEDs give an advantage and there is money to be made is most likely rife with cheating.
Actually if what I have heard about US masters racing and Euro Grand Fondos is even 1/2 true I guess we can take money out of the equation.
But those dirty Spaniards are really the only ones who are cheaters.:rolleyes:
 
ridecanada said:
Spain has produced more cheaters in the last 5 years than any other country. How would you explain it? Their governing body does little to stop it, they do even less to punish those involved.

Its a culture of cheaters.
You have to be careful with what you say. In my country we have corruption at the top just like in any other country, but you can not trash all their people because of that.

I agree that Spanish authorities do very little to fight doping, but that does not mean that the riders from other countries dope any less or more. It just does not make any sense.
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Hugh Januss said:
Oh yeah? Well I think you guys up there are small potatoes compared to the PED use that goes on in American football. Just so they don't feel left out why don't we throw in English and Italian football (soccer to us) and how about Aussie Rules or Rugby.
Actually let's just say that any sport where PEDs give an advantage and there is money to be made is most likely rife with cheating.
Actually if what I have heard about US masters racing and Euro Grand Fondos is even 1/2 true I guess we can take money out of the equation.
But those dirty Spaniards are really the only ones who are cheaters.:rolleyes:
I do not think it is fair to do the cyberspace smackdown upon spanish sport doping but:
The country is spiraling into a fearsome economic meltdown. The reason being is that Spain had an unreasonable economic borrowing policy.
The Valverde Piti handling was wrong.
Suspicious soccer results.
Suspicious tennis results.
Basic domination across sports including cycling.
Suspicious handling of doping cases.
With Contador we shall see.
Usually when there is a stink in the kitchen something is rotten in the pantry.

In regards to Armstrong as much as I admire Armstrong, hopefully the US will set an example on how to handle International sports doping.

I hope that whatever the impact of the investigation it will shed light on doping across all US sports, as I am discouraged with doping in my own countrys doping amatuer and pro sport.
 
veganrob said:
You are going to trash an entire nations culture because of what Contador has done? You are an embarrassment to humans. You are an idiot.
The poster you refer to hasn't taken into account that every single American road cyclist who rode in Europe in the last 15 years and had any type of success have brought great shame to the sport by either getting caught cheating outright or being implicated in other scandals.

If you were to look at it from this standpoint, it seems that American riders simply cannot ride in Europe without being at the forefront of the latest doping regimens.

By the way, are Vande Valde and Zabriskie still Tour contenders?

Just wondering...
 
May 11, 2009
248
0
0
I desperately hope the panel is not going to buy into the argument put forward by Contador that the amount of Clenbuterol found by the test was too small to improve performance. The amount found should be irrelevant, the presence of Clenbuterol in any amount raises the possibility of performance enhancement. I still feel the most likely explanation for the small amounts found is that there were trace amounts of Clenbuterol contained in blood that was used for a transfusion.

I don't think the small amounts of Clenbuterol lead any credence to the contaminated meat theory put forward by Contador either. From the evidence we have seen so far while it is theoretically possible the Clenbuterol came from contaminated meat, the probability this is what happened seems small. Merely raising the possibility should not be enough, the panel should require Contador to provide something approaching conclusive evidence before considering clearing him or reducing his suspension based on the contaminated meat defense.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
flicker said:
I do not think it is fair to do the cyberspace smackdown upon spanish sport doping but:
The country is spiraling into a fearsome economic meltdown. The reason being is that Spain had an unreasonable economic borrowing policy.
The Valverde Piti handling was wrong.
Suspicious soccer results.
Suspicious tennis results.
Basic domination across sports including cycling.
Suspicious handling of doping cases.
With Contador we shall see.
Usually when there is a stink in the kitchen something is rotten in the pantry.
I'm still surprised how few appear to have seen the independent German documentary Blut und Spielen (Blood and Games), easily accessible via Youtube. There, you get a decent look into the Spanish kitchen, and the politics that were involved in avoiding the Fuentes-case to escalate and implicate top Spanish athletes like AC (originally on the list, but later removed) as well as Spanish soccer, e.g. the FC Barcelona squad that won the Championsleague in 2005/6.
 
Oct 11, 2010
777
0
0
Berzin said:
The poster you refer to hasn't taken into account that every single American road cyclist who rode in Europe in the last 15 years and had any type of success have brought great shame to the sport by either getting caught cheating outright or being implicated in other scandals.

If you were to look at it from this standpoint, it seems that American riders simply cannot ride in Europe without being at the forefront of the latest doping regimens.

By the way, are Vande Valde and Zabriskie still Tour contenders?

Just wondering...
Zabriskie-- a Tour contender? Never.
 
Escarabajo said:
I believe Contador is telling the truth about "He never doped' because he is such a nice guy with nice family principles. He would never do that for sure.
Yes I get that impression too - and he also does the sign of the cross before each stage - which would relegate him to hell if he is really cheating.
 
Derukeman said:
Contador's attitude is disgraceful at the very least. He's complaining about his treatment..it's laughable...he does nothing for his teammates, more likely, he's concerned with Alberto. Say whatever you want about Lance, he at least suffered for his teammates to win...just ask Levi in California
I guess the sharing out of the spoils for winning the TdF doesn't count as doing anything for his teammates - or did he forget to do that this time - with the giving away of watches to LA etc ?
 
Apr 19, 2010
1,112
0
0
Berzin said:
If you were to look at it from this standpoint, it seems that American riders simply cannot ride in Europe without being at the forefront of the latest doping regimens.
The only way to look at it is they need dope to keep up with the doped euros. Not hard to understand considering all the top euros have proven to be utterly filthy (piti, contadoper, di cheater).
 
Jan 25, 2010
264
0
0
ridecanada said:
Spanish culture says its ok to cheat and lie, and if you get caught, we will find a way to show it was someone elses fault.

You don't hear Contador answering for anything, just saying that he will hold his breath until he turns blue if they find him guilty.

Why was his body filled with plasticizers?

The Spanish food agency said that Contador should file a complaint with them if he ingested Clenbuterol from meat. No formal complaint has been made.

Remember when he said he couldn't remember where the meat came from? then that his manager had the bill? then the manager said he gave it to Astana? but no bill could be produced by ****ador. Smoke screen if there ever was any.

Spanish riders cheat. Its a way of life in their country. Spanish culture is good with cheaters and liars. Manolo Saiz is going to have a team again. The man that is at the centre of many cheating scandals.

I've never taken the result of any race where a spaniard one seriously. Chances are they are doped, as the country supports dopers.
then, it's the same in the USA culture with your lord armstrong et al
 
Nov 24, 2010
263
1
0
Escarabajo said:
You have to be careful with what you say. In my country we have corruption at the top just like in any other country, but you can not trash all their people because of that.

I agree that Spanish authorities do very little to fight doping, but that does not mean that the riders from other countries dope any less or more. It just does not make any sense.
Well said Escarabajo - totally agree with you on all your points

cheers dallas
 
Nov 24, 2010
263
1
0
Hugh Januss said:
Oh yeah? Well I think you guys up there are small potatoes compared to the PED use that goes on in American football. Just so they don't feel left out why don't we throw in English and Italian football (soccer to us) and how about Aussie Rules or Rugby.
Actually let's just say that any sport where PEDs give an advantage and there is money to be made is most likely rife with cheating.
Actually if what I have heard about US masters racing and Euro Grand Fondos is even 1/2 true I guess we can take money out of the equation.
But those dirty Spaniards are really the only ones who are cheaters.:rolleyes:
Well actually Hugh, when you mention them : Aussie rules are an absolute joke. Last time I checked, it was THREE strikes and you are out - and some of those fans joke about doping in cycling. Imagine suddenly putting the bio passport in place there and following up with target testing. The media would have a field day!

cheers dallas
 
May 8, 2009
376
0
0
ridecanada said:
Spanish culture says its ok to cheat and lie, and if you get caught, we will find a way to show it was someone elses fault.

You don't hear Contador answering for anything, just saying that he will hold his breath until he turns blue if they find him guilty.

Why was his body filled with plasticizers?

The Spanish food agency said that Contador should file a complaint with them if he ingested Clenbuterol from meat. No formal complaint has been made.

Remember when he said he couldn't remember where the meat came from? then that his manager had the bill? then the manager said he gave it to Astana? but no bill could be produced by ****ador. Smoke screen if there ever was any.

Spanish riders cheat. Its a way of life in their country. Spanish culture is good with cheaters and liars. Manolo Saiz is going to have a team again. The man that is at the centre of many cheating scandals.

I've never taken the result of any race where a spaniard one seriously. Chances are they are doped, as the country supports dopers.
You got the record: the most simplistic and dellusional post of today. Please check the word "culture" in your favourite dictionary. Then check Spain in a good encyclopedia. Then please check the doping cases in your comparatively small country (sportwise). Then have into account that in the TdF there were 32 spanish guys, there were 2 canadians. If you count the 3 grand tours there were 93 cyclists from Spain for 3 from Canada. Spain counts for almost 20% of the guys at the elite, it is normal that in a sport where doping is prevalent Spain is in the top.

It is ashaming how the Spanish authorities are handling doping, but from that to accuse a country like Spain for having a cheating culture (in general) there is a difference. It is insulting. What the hell do you know about Spain? The same as I know about Canada, and this is why I will not dare to use generalizations in idiotic posts about your country.
 
khardung la said:
..Then have into account that in the TdF there were 32 spanish guys, there were 2 canadians. If you count the 3 grand tours there were 93 cyclists from Spain for 3 from Canada. Spain counts for almost 20% of the guys at the elite, it is normal that in a sport where doping is prevalent Spain is in the top.
...
What does that prove? Their cheaters are better than our cheaters? Or, that our cheaters are idiots because they can't win even with cheating?

How about the size of the cycling community in either country?

How does Spain fare in hockey, a sport with known doping issues? Our cheaters are better than theirs? Why wasn't Ben Johnson Spanish? Isn't Genevieve Jeanson a good example of Canada excelling at notorious dopers in cycling? Cris Shephard is back at it after his ban for testing positive the day after the first time he ever used EPO. :confused:

There is a point that the Spanish language uses a reflexive case that in a literal sense puts the action on the object, rather than the subject. In Spanish, the plate broke itself. In English, the plate broke.

Canadians have a pretty good doping legacy. Why let the Spanish take anything away from that?

Dave.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
khardung la said:
You got the record: the most simplistic and dellusional post of today. Please check the word "culture" in your favourite dictionary. Then check Spain in a good encyclopedia. Then please check the doping cases in your comparatively small country (sportwise). Then have into account that in the TdF there were 32 spanish guys, there were 2 canadians. If you count the 3 grand tours there were 93 cyclists from Spain for 3 from Canada. Spain counts for almost 20% of the guys at the elite, it is normal that in a sport where doping is prevalent Spain is in the top.
Interesting and telling piece of data, this Spanish quantitative dominance in pro-cycling. After all, it is well known that only if you agree to dope yourself you have a chance of getting a contract in most pro-cycling teams.
 
ridecanada said:
Spanish culture says its ok to cheat and lie, and if you get caught, we will find a way to show it was someone elses fault.
I hope you country's culture stands impeccable-otherwise the embarrassment is on you for generalize/stereotype nationalities without any knowledge.

ridecanada said:
The Spanish food agency said that Contador should file a complaint with them if he ingested Clenbuterol from meat. No formal complaint has been made.
Link/source please?

ridecanada said:
Remember when he said he couldn't remember where the meat came from? then that his manager had the bill? then the manager said he gave it to Astana? but no bill could be produced by ****ador. Smoke screen if there ever was any.
You're months behind the story-the source of the meat was established since the very beginning of the case-please get informed before you write rubbish like that!!!

As for the rest..... I guess you barely has left your tiny town where you're from-because the world you portray in your comments is THAT minuscule and narrow minded...
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
masking_agent The Clinic 11
B The Clinic 2
D The Clinic 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY