• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador: "I have never doped. Never."

Well, at last we have a straighforward statement.
None of this "Never tested positive" crap we had from the Lance camp.

Contador comes out and says he never doped. I find that very difficult to believe, but hey, this is the statement that a lot of people were wondering if Contador would ever make.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I must admit Alberto is inspirational, clean beat Lords' Andy and Lance clean, simply an authentic "true to cycling athlete"

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:

Contador comes out and says he never doped. I find that very difficult to believe, but hey, this is the statement that a lot of people were wondering if Contador would ever make.

Me too....;)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:

is it throwing caution to the wind in a do or die effort knowing Armstrong never said that?

he is being stupid if he thinks that they cant ban/suspend him because cycling needs him more than he needs cycling.

A

Anonymous

...I remember when my parents found my stash. I swore I was keeping it for a friend and that I had never tried it. They didn't buy it. They were right, I was smoking every day.

Thoughtforfood said:
...I remember when my parents found my stash. I swore I was keeping it for a friend and that I had never tried it. They didn't buy it. They were right, I was smoking every day.
A friend of mine, when confronted by his parents, said: "Look, the stash is here, right? That means I didn't smoke it!" He got off lightly, I don't know why.

As for Contador's words... Well, okay, "never tested positive" might be a crap response, but at least it suggests whoever said it doesn't like lying. "I've never doped" is about 99% sure to mean "I like forcing the truth to the ground and raping it repeatedly."

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
A friend of mine, when confronted by his parents, said: "Look, the stash is here, right? That means I didn't smoke it!" He got off lightly, I don't know why.

As for Contador's words... Well, okay, "never tested positive" might be a crap response, but at least it suggests whoever said it doesn't like lying. "I've never doped" is about 99% sure to mean "I like forcing the truth to the ground and raping it repeatedly."

That's a bold statement.:eek:

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Moose, in light of Alberto's recent positive A and B samples, don't you think it would be a bit hard for Alberto to state that "he never tested positive"?

That excuse is no longer available to Alberto.

However, he CAN join Vino and many many others with the "I never doped" line. Maybe coming from a humble family man it is true this time around?

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
I mean when Contador says it, mind you.

I liked the phrasing. It would have been good for Contador's advisers to put it too him that way so he had no excuses, not that he has any btw...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:

Did Landis ever say it? I forgot/didn't follow his case very much

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:

Johan will throw AC under the bus in 2 seconds if he ever takes a fall.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
ladyvader said:
Lance has stated he never test positive when most here know he has. I don't believe anyone at this point. Why bother believing them.

Lances' cleanliness is indisputable, many tests never positive.

Contadors A+B are unclean yet I believe he is muy limpio.

Believe in our veterens' for the "good in cycling."

PS I am a certified Real Estate agent inPinto Espana."

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:

Based on what you said in the Grewal thread, I just refuse to engage you anymore.

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Contador

what ever guilty or not guilty Mr CONTADOR hes very arrogant,jealous he never ever be a good team leader what he did too SHLECK hes very very sad he was too scare too lose the tour the France then suck the wheel of sleck then try too attack ,no one real champion did that yet Mr CONTADOR hes insecure sure hes a champion but he need too learn the gentlemen attitude in the peloton you cannot win the tour the France alone.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
ellenbrook2001 said:
what ever guilty or not guilty mr contador hes very arrogant,jealous he never ever be a good team leader what he did too shleck hes very very sad he was too scare too lose the tour the france then suck the wheel of sleck then try too attack ,no one real champion did that yet mr contador hes insecure sure hes a champion but he need too learn the gentlemen attitude in the peloton you cannot win the tour the france alone.

halleilueah praise the lord!

May 24, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......deffinately the joker in the pack!!

Lance never tested positive because the cheques always cleared in time!

It's difficult to believe what he's said much as this Berto fan would love to believe him.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Siriuscat said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......deffinately the joker in the pack!!

Lance never tested positive because the cheques always cleared in time!

It's difficult to believe what he's said much as this Berto fan would love to believe him.

As athletes we must use a competitive "edge" from time to time.

Call me hypocrite call me Ishmael whatever, this is the "truth" in sports.

I am not saying that the "edge" is fair but it is fact in sport, IMO Flicker.

TRENDING THREADS