• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador linked with Movistar

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
orangerider said:
There's no way they could afford him.

I would love to see Sammy and Alberto both riding in orange, but agree with you here. Maybe by the time Alberto's suspension is up he will be of the mentality of "riding for love of the sport" and take a pay cut for EE. There is some great potential there, could even teach Frandy something about team tactics. The bad thing is that the team would be just as weak as Saxo was, so no benefit there.

I wanted to see a Bjarne/Johan battle this year.:(

roundabout said:
He wanted out of Astana in 2009 unless some demands were met. A few months later his brother blew some hot air about staying another 2-3 years and only "small details" needed working out. Then another month later Riis signed him.

Funnily enough, Contador wanted a good support team in 2009 as one of the conditions for fulfilling his contract.

I certainly won't be shocked to see Contador leave Riis.

Are you forgetting what took place in 09 heading to the Tour? perhaps the "Texan conspiracy" might ring the bells for you? :eek:

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Cimber said:
Bertie just posted his new website:

http://albertocontador.org/en/

Specialized has a big logo there and is listed under "sponsors"

http://albertocontador.org/en/patrocinadores/

Why wouldn't he have a Specialized Logo on his dot org site? He luckily still has a juicy contract with Specialized and a lot of new bills to pay. Alberto and his people will juice Specialized for all they can give thank you very much.

And Bjarne will just join the list of ex-boss's Martinelli/Bruyneel/Saiz who have less than pleasant memories of Alberto and "his people". Although Alberto probably did not get to use his people as much under Bjarne.

Polish said:
Why wouldn't he have a Specialized Logo on his dot org site? He luckily still has a juicy contract with Specialized and a lot of new bills to pay. Alberto and his people will juice Specialized for all they can give thank you very much.

And Bjarne will just join the list of ex-boss's Martinelli/Bruyneel/Saiz who have less than pleasant memories of Alberto and "his people". Although Alberto probably did not get to use his people as much under Bjarne.

I don't recall hearing any complaints from Martinelli or Saiz and Bruyneel's complaints were primarily due to Contador not being willing to bend over the counter while he and LA did their business. They all have reaped the benefits of Contador's talents and I'm sure he learned from all of them as well.

Bruyneel memories are so unpleasant that he's publicly stated that he would love to work with Contador again in the future.

roundabout said:
Uh, Armstrong already had his own team announced when Contador was making demands despite having a year left in his contract.

uh-that was 2010 when LA had his team-not 09 when both rode the tour for Astana.....savvy
BTW the main reason he was making demands is because he's the best rider being left w/out support due to LA's bid for another TDF title-well knowing he wasn't capable to get even near to Alberto-& don't forget the VINO Comeback & the conflict that carried that announcement with the Sponsors & LA/Hog camp-all those thing together weren't it not enough reasons to look for a way out?:rolleyes:

hfer07 said:
uh-that was 2010 when LA had his team-not 09 when both rode the tour for Astana.....savvy
BTW the main reason he was making demands is because he's the best rider being left w/out support due to LA's bid for another TDF title-well knowing he wasn't capable to get even near to Alberto-& don't forget the VINO Comeback & the conflict that carried that announcement with the Sponsors & LA/Hog camp-all those thing together weren't it not enough reasons to look for a way out?:rolleyes:

Armstrong announced Radioshack on the day or a day after the 2009 Tour ended. No point in rolling your eyes at me when you can't grasp such a basic and yet important detail.

As for Vinokourov's comeback, I can't recall both of them saying that it will be a problem. What I can recall is that Contador was still looking to leave the team even when Bruyneel was released from Astana and there was no longer any conflict about the team's control.

roundabout said:
Armstrong announced Radioshack on the day or a day after the 2009 Tour ended. No point in rolling your eyes in me when you can't grasp such a basic and yet important detail.

As for Vinokourov's comeback, I can't recall both of them saying that it will be a problem. What I can recall is that Contador was still looking to leave the team even when Bruyneel was released from Astana and there was no longer any conflict about the team's control.

uh, perhaps what YOU cannot grasp is the fact that Alberto had far more serious reasons to leave the team due to the issues you seem to forget(purposely or not) -and yet he honored his contract-just desisted to "extend it"-before you claim he "was obligated to stay" out of some "loyalty" BS coming from your imagination....

hfer07 said:
uh, perhaps what YOU cannot grasp is the fact that Alberto had far more serious reasons to leave the team due to the issues you seem to forget(purposely or not) -and yet he honored his contract-just desisted to "extend it"-before you claim he "was obligated to stay" out of some "loyalty" BS coming from your imagination....

You seem upset.

Although I am not sure why you find the idea that it's not unusual for Contador to threaten to leave should he feel that there are issues between him and the team so upsetting.

roundabout said:
You seem upset.

Although I am not sure why you find the idea that it's not unusual for Contador to threaten to leave should he feel that there are issues between him and the team so upsetting.

no i'm not- Ignorance & trolling do upset me indeed- and since you clearly claim to be truthful- then why should I be anyways;):D

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
No biggie, you're still a fan of Rabobank after Thomas Dekker, Michael Rasmussen, Dennis Menchov and Levi Leipheimer :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with clinic stuff this time. I mean they already have Valverde so Contador joining them won't matter much regarding that.