• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Coronavirus: How dangerous a threat?

Page 408 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yah, the numbers are really low here, but ticking up just a bit since late July.

I drove past your neighborhood last week, could you do something about all of the bugs splatting on my car?!
We had some rain on the 20 road stretch and from Twin. Worst stretch was from Boise to Orlando....the scent of cattle or dairies bringing them out.
On the other hand, welcome to paradise Summer.

Reactions: jmdirt
Has anyone in the USA gotten their latest shot? I specify USA because I assume they will be slightly different from country to country, similar to other vax? I've heard that some people are definitely having a 'sick day' the day after their shot. I don't know if this is because its more 'robust', the strain, or because people haven't had a shot for 12 months.

I have an appointment on November 10 to get mine.

Has anyone in the USA gotten their latest shot? I specify USA because I assume they will be slightly different from country to country, similar to other vax? I've heard that some people are definitely having a 'sick day' the day after their shot. I don't know if this is because its more 'robust', the strain, or because people haven't had a shot for 12 months.

Let us know how your shot turns out. Have alot of neighbors that have gotten the newest round of Covid. Mostly a grumpy week and no reports of lingering issues. Haven't spoken with any new vaccine recipients, though.

VA reached out to me via auto text about flu and Covid vaccines available w appointment, no cost

I had no side effects from my last vaxx a few months ago which was the updated one.

I won’t lie, I’ve had the vaccine and one booster and have had Covid confirmed once and that’s with interacting with patient’s that have it frequently. My fiancé has gotten the booster twice with vaccine and has gotten it three times. I could be a Covid Petri dish at this point.

• Haha

Just a follow up on this:
The shot was uneventful. I had the 'a needle was jabbed into my deltoid' feel for a few days, and was a little tired 20-30 hours afterwards. Hopefully my immune system is set for another year!

FIY: I got the Moderna Spikevax shot.

Also of note: Everywhere has Pfizer, but very few places have Moderna in Boise, ID. I'm not sure why that is.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
Just a follow up on this:
The shot was uneventful. I had the 'a needle was jabbed into my deltoid' feel for a few days, and was a little tired 20-30 hours afterwards. Hopefully my immune system is set for another year!

FIY: I got the Moderna Spikevax shot.

Also of note: Everywhere has Pfizer, but very few places have Moderna in Boise, ID. I'm not sure why that is.
Wait a minute they have doctors in Idaho? That should be a thread on it's own

After two vaccine doses and a booster I got sick a few weeks ago with what felt like the flu. Antigen test confirmed it was COVID, but I expected I'd be fine. A cold or a mild flu, right? Ahahahaha. No.

Very dramatical symptoms: fever for weeks, low oxygen saturation, etc. Want to talk? Eat? Walk up stairs? Good luck with that.

Recovery is ongoing and of course things could be worse, so I shouldn't complain too much, but it's going to be some time before I go on a hilly bike ride again.

ETA: To clarify, not looking for sympathy or anything like that! I'm fine and will be even better soon and am, in the meantime, very well taken care of.

After two vaccine doses and a booster I got sick a few weeks ago with what felt like the flu. Antigen test confirmed it was COVID, but I expected I'd be fine. A cold or a mild flu, right? Ahahahaha. No.

Very dramatical symptoms: fever for weeks, low oxygen saturation, etc. Want to talk? Eat? Walk up stairs? Good luck with that.

Recovery is ongoing and of course things could be worse, so I shouldn't complain too much, but it's going to be some time before I go on a hilly bike ride again.

ETA: To clarify, not looking for sympathy or anything like that! I'm fine and will be even better soon and am, in the meantime, very well taken care of.
Get well!

Sounds like the round 2 version from last year.

Reactions: sevenall

How far away from your last shot did you sick?

Reactions: sevenall
Almost a year since the booster.

This year, the elderly and people with underlying diseases are vaccinated first and I'm absolutely okay with that.
There is so little uptake in the USA that anyone can get a shot any time.

I did the original two round in Jan/Feb 2021, then Nov 2021, May 2022, Nov 2022, and Nov 2023. My plan is Nov 2024 unless there is a compelling reason otherwise. Maybe a year is stretching it based on your case? Although I've had pretty hard core flu 3 or 4 times and assumed that the vax just didn't hit the variant mark very well, or that my immune system was battered and couldn't put up a good fight. Who knows...

Hopefully you will be back on the bike soon! Are you in a warm location?