• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Coronavirus: How dangerous a threat?

Page 337 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Why would the pfizer want to do this? I don't get why they don't want to release the info. Quote is from substack.

https://aaronsiri.substack.com/p/fda-doubles-down-asks-federal-judge

"A prior post explained that the FDA has asked a federal judge to make the public wait until the year 2076 to disclose all of the data and information it relied upon to license Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine. Literally, a 55-year delay. My firm, on behalf of PHMPT, asked that this information be disclosed in 108 days – the same amount of time it took for the FDA to review and license Pfizer’s vaccine.

The Court ordered the parties to submit briefs in support of their respective positions by December 6, 2021. The FDA’s brief, incredibly, doubles down. It now effectively asks to have until at least 2096 to produce the Pfizer documents. Not a typo. A total of at least 75 years."

Ultra your post is on mixed issues, first lots of other world governments,including the United States, have provisions to sort of un- observe patent law during national emergency. Often without extra payment for those denied the rights and rewards of their intellectual property.
Many things that were done including funding, profits and legal issues done under Operation Warp Speed in the United States had built in financial and legal protection provisions. So some facet of the courts, maybe squished in a rock,paper,scissors match in or out of the court system..if something was done,a deal made under emergency decree..even if ultra unpopular it may just be non negotiable,unstoppable,untouchable.
And Pfizer used it's money,not Warp Speed loot..and they were probably chilled when government suggested that there drug manufacturer formulas be nationalized..I am not giving the benefit of the doubt to the FDA but they probably have a sound legal reasoning for this action

Reactions: Koronin
There is only one book and its called nineteen eighty-four. The Prequel mentioned in the satire site Babylon Bee is not a real book. I'm not a Fascist and would appreciate it if you edit your post. I don't like the Dr. so why if no one else cares can't they just let me have an opinion? Fauci is a attention needing simple bureaucrat.

Here some quotes from the web site that has you believing there is a prequel to nineteen eighty-four.

"U.S.—Harvill Secker Publishing Company has announced the release of a brand-new prequel to George Orwell's classic, 1984. The new novel will describe the events leading up to 1984, where people beg Big Brother to take away their rights to protect them from a virus.

"1984: The Beginning describes how Oceana came to exist after the entire world got freaked out by a cold virus, causing them to completely give up all their individual rights and surrender to an evil globalist agenda that disguises itself as 'science'," said the anonymous author who writes under the pseudonym Pand Raul.

The New York Times praised the book as a "tour de force", saying "We understand this is a completely fictional scenario that would never happen today, but it's great fun to get lost in this completely fictional world that has no basis in our current reality whatsoever."

UPDATE: The book has already been removed from store shelves and canceled by Amazon for its satirical depiction of scientific authorities who bear a striking resemblance to Dr. Anthony Fauci, whom Biden has just nominated to lead his new Ministry of Truth.

Citizens are encouraged to notify authorities should they see anyone reading this new book.

Remember, the Big Guy is watching!"
Fauci reminds me of Dr Neil Frank the hurricane junkie.

• Haha
Reactions: Ultrairon

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Ultra your post is on mixed issues, first lots of other world governments,including the United States, have provisions to sort of un- observe patent law during national emergency. Often without extra payment for those denied the rights and rewards of their intellectual property.
Many things that were done including funding, profits and legal issues done under Operation Warp Speed in the United States had built in financial and legal protection provisions. So some facet of the courts, maybe squished in a rock,paper,scissors match in or out of the court system..if something was done,a deal made under emergency decree..even if ultra unpopular it may just be non negotiable,unstoppable,untouchable.
And Pfizer used it's money,not Warp Speed loot..and they were probably chilled when government suggested that there drug manufacturer formulas be nationalized..I am not giving the benefit of the doubt to the FDA but they probably have a sound legal reasoning for this action
I'm pro vax. None of your post makes any sense to me. Their actions directly fuels conspiracy and hesitancy. Keep making up excuses in your on mind though.

Ultra I really don't think you have the grasp of the physical and financial provisions that the United States government laid out..in the billions,not millions,. The normal business model for medications and or vaccine is for a company to do all the research and development in the hope of a big marketing payday..in this case the big pharmaceuticals companies either had their gamble fully or partially hedged by the government. Or like Pfizer had a promissory purchase contract from the government that was ultra lucrative. I think that there is a bizarre slant of conspiracy and distrust \ hesitancy, it just can't factor out.
there is nothing significant practically the drug manufacturers can do, procedurally sure there might be something that is abnormal and the subject of deep debate,but it's all ,until just a few months ago done under...EMERGENCY AUTHORIZATION..so the past examples of something like this don't exist. There has never been a situation exactly like this in American history. And apples to apples..the efforts of the United States government in the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic,really effort wide difficult if not impossible to compare..the population was @100 million,international travel and trade? Tiny by every standard.
Lots of the stuff people suggest as far as rational for being anti vax in the United States,is Big Foot, Chuppacabra, Cubs winning the series kind of crazy.
your kind of in a straw man ,semi straw man state..is there something procedural,or important that Pfizer could reveal that would sway public opinion and have a sudden supportive tsunami for there vaccine and others? No need to answer,we both know it's no. So is there a downside,again we both know absolutely. We need vaccines and systematic change..
Start w little stuff, everyone having a doctor,everyone having access to an ambulance,a clinic,internet for telemedicine..Covid may have revealed it but it needs to be corrected,full stop..especially if a measurable percentage of the population are to the point of obsession with the importance of one company,one doctor being part of the process.
At this stage I will split the difference, 75 years is excessive for answers..

Reactions: jmdirt and Koronin

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Ultra I really don't think you have the grasp of the physical and financial provisions that the United States government laid out..in the billions,not millions,. The normal business model for medications and or vaccine is for a company to do all the research and development in the hope of a big marketing payday..in this case the big pharmaceuticals companies either had their gamble fully or partially hedged by the government. Or like Pfizer had a promissory purchase contract from the government that was ultra lucrative. I think that there is a bizarre slant of conspiracy and distrust \ hesitancy, it just can't factor out.
there is nothing significant practically the drug manufacturers can do, procedurally sure there might be something that is abnormal and the subject of deep debate,but it's all ,until just a few months ago done under...EMERGENCY AUTHORIZATION..so the past examples of something like this don't exist. There has never been a situation exactly like this in American history. And apples to apples..the efforts of the United States government in the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic,really effort wide difficult if not impossible to compare..the population was @100 million,international travel and trade? Tiny by every standard.
Lots of the stuff people suggest as far as rational for being anti vax in the United States,is Big Foot, Chuppacabra, Cubs winning the series kind of crazy.
your kind of in a straw man ,semi straw man state..is there something procedural,or important that Pfizer could reveal that would sway public opinion and have a sudden supportive tsunami for there vaccine and others? No need to answer,we both know it's no. So is there a downside,again we both know absolutely. We need vaccines and systematic change..
Start w little stuff, everyone having a doctor,everyone having access to an ambulance,a clinic,internet for telemedicine..Covid may have revealed it but it needs to be corrected,full stop..especially if a measurable percentage of the population are to the point of obsession with the importance of one company,one doctor being part of the process.
It is odd you are taking up for big pharma. Terrible in my opinion.

Fauci the failure first with Aids and now covid.

Robert Kennedy and his book gets people all worked up on both sides. Me I take the vaccines the world has and hope for the best. Its better than going anti.

Lots or info out now that omnicron is less transmissible than Delta. Also it is a mild version of the disease. All good news.

Latest news in federal courts is that the federal vax contractor mandate was halted in the USA.
Suggesting AIDS was a failure is a particularly myopic view. Ask Magic Johnson about that.

Your claim about Omicron being milder is just flat out wrong. It appears to be less mild because it is infecting people with prior immunity. It will be really bad in the unvaccinated who haven't been infected.

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Suggesting AIDS was a failure is a particularly myopic view. Ask Magic Johnson about that.

Your claim about Omicron being milder is just flat out wrong. It appears to be less mild because it is infecting people with prior immunity. It will be really bad in the unvaccinated who haven't been infected.
No I think you are flat out wrong. Even the TV hollywood doctor says from the data he has its milder. Then again I don't trust him either so maybe that is why you are taking the opposite approach. Lets not panic.

Last edited:

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site

"And if you find what you are reading difficult to believe – that is because it is dystopian for the government to give Pfizer billions, mandate Americans to take its product, prohibit Americans from suing for harms, but yet refuse to let Americans see the data underlying its licensure. "

Reactions: FrankB
Ultra, lots looks like it's you and me going back and forth about what it obvious but we have to have a veiled banter back and forth. So for the record:
I am absolutely a fan of big pharma, with the vaccines added to the list,life saving drugs,absolute revolutionary ideas that have not only saved millions of lives, but thousands of evolutionary medications that allow people, .myself included to take substances that allow us to get on with life. I have personally experience with the mind blowing treatments for burns,degenerative eye condition, Nue-skin for bicycle and motorcycle racing accidents, high blood pressure,and various cancers.
The rate of development and mobilization of Covid everything from drugs to therapy and now looming disease prophylactic is truly amazing.
in another thread I praised the entire production,top to bottom of Dopesick, a great show starring Michael Keaton, about what can go wrong with big pharmaceuticals, again truly amazing,but amazingly negative,deadly and destructive.
But one of your main points about Covid vaccine,Covid vaccine mandates that you often revisit deserves respect and discussion,careful analysis.
every discussion in my opinion,should start with the basics ,the parity in vaccines and vaccine mandates by the government.
Polio ,mumps,measles vaccine mandates to enter school for example are OK, but Covid is a bridge too far? That just doesn't wash w me,doesn't pass the smell test.
And as a veteran, I was glad to see leadership and attention to mission readiness, Covid vaccines were added to the list of mandatory battery of shots, needed to serve. Not grey, no warm and fuzzy, no internet opinion,either follow directions or move on..
As we are witnessing in the civilian sector, Covid vaccine mandates are over the top contentious, no easy path forward.
So again out of respect and consideration.
If people are not going to get the vaccine voluntarily and there is an obvious public health risk, what is the solution going forward? Carefully omitted from most intelligent debate is the personal preference relief valve, if you don't want a vaccine, testing is an option..how could testing be bad?
There is a sign at our pool that says, if you have this condition,don't enter the pool and swim..I always think of the people who see that,have the condition and swim anyway

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
You are posting links that was already mentioned by more than one person here. Welcome to the information that everyone else was reading I guess.
A fan of big pharma! The same people that have been ruining poor peoples lives across the USA and globe for years and years.

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Ultra, lots looks like it's you and me going back and forth about what it obvious but we have to have a veiled banter back and forth. So for the record:
I am absolutely a fan of big pharma, with the vaccines added to the list,life saving drugs,absolute revolutionary ideas that have not only saved millions of lives, but thousands of evolutionary medications that allow people, .myself included to take substances that allow us to get on with life. I have personally experience with the mind blowing treatments for burns,degenerative eye condition, Nue-skin for bicycle and motorcycle racing accidents, high blood pressure,and various cancers.
The rate of development and mobilization of Covid everything from drugs to therapy and now looming disease prophylactic is truly amazing.
in another thread I praised the entire production,top to bottom of Dopesick, a great show starring Michael Keaton, about what can go wrong with big pharmaceuticals, again truly amazing,but amazingly negative,deadly and destructive.
But one of your main points about Covid vaccine,Covid vaccine mandates that you often revisit deserves respect and discussion,careful analysis.
every discussion in my opinion,should start with the basics ,the parity in vaccines and vaccine mandates by the government.
Polio ,mumps,measles vaccine mandates to enter school for example are OK, but Covid is a bridge too far? That just doesn't wash w me,doesn't pass the smell test.
And as a veteran, I was glad to see leadership and attention to mission readiness, Covid vaccines were added to the list of mandatory battery of shots, needed to serve. Not grey, no warm and fuzzy, no internet opinion,either follow directions or move on..
As we are witnessing in the civilian sector, Covid vaccine mandates are over the top contentious, no easy path forward.
So again out of respect and consideration.
If people are not going to get the vaccine voluntarily and there is an obvious public health risk, what is the solution going forward? Carefully omitted from most intelligent debate is the personal preference relief valve, if you don't want a vaccine, testing is an option..how could testing be bad?
There is a sign at our pool that says, if you have this condition,don't enter the pool and swim..I always think of the people who see that,have the condition and swim anyway
People opt out of those manditory vaccines every year and their kids still go to school. I am guessing you have never had kids in school.

This one is about as true as the Bee stories.