• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Coronavirus: How dangerous a threat?

Page 356 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
At least you are being honest with your views now.
Investigative Journalist Del Bigtree is antivaxx - so no argument there.
I was wondering when one of you three were going to post that clip as it has been making the rounds on the misinformation circuit. She was referring to deaths only within the vaccinated, which is why the tweet is flagged. Also, the death rate is way more than 0.27%.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/ddale8/status/1481358129929637893

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
I don't know what is more pathetic. The horrible vaccine rates in school age children or that vaccination of the 50+ crowd is not 95%+ like other countries. That is why 1500 people are still dying each day.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/JenniferNuzzo/status/1481371426204569616
You don't have children do you? The use of the word Pathetic might be well spent somewhere else. Children are not dying at a rate that you want to discuss. If you love your children don't let them ride in a car or swim in the ocean or pool. PERIOD.

I don't know what is more pathetic. The horrible vaccine rates in school age children or that vaccination of the 50+ crowd is not 95%+ like other countries. That is why 1500 people are still dying each day.

you know it is their choice, not yours. A lot of us may not agree with their decision, but you're the only one here that seems to think you should have a say in the lives of others.

Reactions: Ultrairon

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
I don't know how anyone would think its OK for Japan to cancel or postpone the Olympics when China gets to go on like nothing has ever happened. Literally the country that brought to all of us disease and death are able to profit from it. Surprised there is not even a hint of outrage.
China should be required to postpone the winter Olympics based on omicron hysteria alone. After all according to the experts here in the thread the cases and hospitalizations are out of control worse than when Japan was to host the games. Its not even a question right?

but isn't that fat shaming????
Yeah, that's really fu*king funny....tell that to a family member who lost someone that had a condition contributing to a fatal outcome. Yukyukyuk.

What do you do with a family member exhibiting symptoms that won't get tested, has the money and still thinks no one else is affected? It's his choice until his lack of insurance becomes a family matter. It is his choice and I won't support a mandate for his vaccination but still; it is pathetic. He works out constantly and considers his gym/diet regimen is all the protection he needs.
Does every family have and educated moron?

"Many are calling this decision to deny care to the vaccinated gross and unethical. “I mean, sure yesterday I was calling for the unvaccinated to be denied health care and the basic ability to buy food, but now that it’s on me—it just seems wrong,” said Alex Greene, a quadruple boosted 22-year-old."

• Haha

"White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki confirmed a mandate to limit chicken noodle soup was recommended by the CDC. “As in the case of Ivermectin, a known horse de-wormer, many people were attempting to self-medicate with a hot bowl of soup. This is giving people a false sense of security and leading to violent overdoses in which belching and nausea occurred,” she clarified."

• Haha
Also, the death rate is way more than 0.27%.
Then what exactly is the death rate? Obviously, it's going to be substantially higher with the elderly & those with preexisting conditions vs the younger, healthier demographics:

"More than 81% of Covid-19 deaths occur in people over age 65. The number of deaths among people over 65 is 80 times higher than the number of deaths among people age 18-29."

Dying from which variant? All the data I've seen shows Omicron to be very mild with a low hospitalization rate. So, are these 1500 average daily deaths carry over from people hospitalized with Delta? Hasn't Omicron replaced Delta as the dominant strain now in most of the U.S.? (according to Colo State Health, 99% of all cases now are Omicron).

And here in Colorado state health officials were very worried about getting all the school-aged kids fully-vaccinated using fearmongering tactics aimed at the parents - when RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) is the top virus impacting Colo kids right now! RSV is linked to the recent spike in child hospitalizations - not Covid!

Last edited:
Boosted with Moderna after two Astras today. I have really sore arm this time but generally I feel fine. I had my worst side effects after first Astra. I kinda feel I had booster just in time for Omicron wave. I am really curious if I will avoid infection at least first month. I am very lucky because I had not even cold symptoms last two years and no positive test. Holidays were normal to me.

Dying from which variant? All the data I've seen shows Omicron to be very mild with a low hospitalization rate. So, are these 1500 average daily deaths carry over from people hospitalized with Delta? Hasn't Omicron replaced Delta as the dominant strain now in most of the U.S.? (according to Colo State Health, 99% of all cases now are Omicron).

And here in Colorado state health officials were very worried about getting all the school-aged kids fully-vaccinated using fearmongering tactics aimed at the parents - when RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) is the top virus impacting Colo kids right now! RSV is linked to the recent spike in child hospitalizations - not Covid!

The Gov said 90% of hospitalizations in Maryland are omicron. It appears mild because it is infecting more people with prior immunity. It is almost certainly less virulent than delta, but is probably just as virulent as OG covid. But, we are at the stage where there are fewer and fewer truly immune naive out there.

Source from last week.

Last edited: