CQ ranking

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
joy118118 said:
Matthews earns 270 now. nice
And Meyer and Goss at 419 and 414 respectively.

Good tour for me, even with Goss losing out on the win. I think I picked up 501 points all told. Still, you find yourself wondering...I strongly considered Matthews and Swift and could have bought the two of them for considerably less than the cost of Ventoso alone. That said, It's early, it was partially a fan pick, and I'm still hopeful for big things from him this year.
 
With Brailsford saying in the Sky webchat that he is addicted to the CQ ranking I wonder if he would enter this competition some time, or perhaps he already has under some unknown alias.
 
Dec 27, 2010
6,674
0
0
All the guys we picked out as emerging stars with a lot of CQ potential in the start of this game are already on his shortlist for transfers in the winter ;)
 
Update 2 is out!

microdose and his australian army continues to top the leader board. Pcutter has lost his second place to Kevin Rudd's Hairdryer while lancaster made a big jump from 57 to 8. The self proclaimed future winner of the game, ingsve, is still no where to be seen and his 59th place is nothing to be proud of so far :p

In the bottom end, Wiggins_fan and his norwegian national team got on the score board but with only 5 points there's still a long way to go. The only team yet to score any points is roundabout. Should he be written off already or can he still make a comeback?

Leaderboard:

Place (last update) Team name - points

1. (1) microdose - 1718
2. (6) Kevin Rudd's Hairdryer - 1368
3. (2) Pcutter - 1271
4. (15) auto de fé - 1140
5. (4) Spider1964 - 1088
6. (20) Bicing - 896
7. (13) Moondance - 887
8. (57) lancaster - 850
9. (8) LukeSchmid - 849
10. (3) trotters aotearoa - 798

The new updated spreadsheet can be downloaded here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7A5QXRK2

Hopefully there are no mistakes, but if you spot any please let me know!
 
ingsve said:
With Brailsford saying in the Sky webchat that he is addicted to the CQ ranking I wonder if he would enter this competition some time, or perhaps he already has under some unknown alias.
That would be cool :cool:

In fact, there are a few users who have submitted teams who have close to none posts on this forum, so who knows ;)
 
Update 2 is out!

microdose and his australian army continues to top the leader board. Pcutter has lost his second place to Kevin Rudd's Hairdryer while lancaster made a big jump from 57 to 8. The self proclaimed future winner of the game, ingsve, is still no where to be seen and his 59th place is nothing to be proud of so far :p

In the bottom end, Wiggins_fan and his norwegian national team got on the score board but with only 5 points there's still a long way to go. The only team yet to score any points is roundabout. Should he be written off already or can he still make a comeback?

Leaderboard:

Place (last update) Team name - points

1. (1) microdose - 1718
2. (6) Kevin Rudd's Hairdryer - 1368
3. (2) Pcutter - 1271
4. (15) auto de fé - 1140
5. (4) Spider1964 - 1088
6. (20) Bicing - 896
7. (13) Moondance - 887
8. (57) lancaster - 850
9. (8) LukeSchmid - 849
10. (3) trotters aotearoa - 798

The new updated spreadsheet can be downloaded here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7A5QXRK2

Hopefully there are no mistakes, but if you spot any please let me know!
 
Lol at Wiggins fan being above roundabout. a handful of Norwegian riders at 3000 points is taking it to one of the favorites. But this shows just how misleading a cq update in January can be.


The month of Ozzie cat 3 riders getting big points for minor races is finally over.

The year of the cyclist....









....is about to begin.
 
Waterloo Sunrise said:
http://www.ltdl.com.my/2011/results/stage_2/stage_2_summary.asp

First epic winner of this game I think - Australians have already peaked, and this kid has paid back over 16 times in 2 stages as a pro.
Agree. And I curse myself for not chosing him instead of Nizzolo. I contemplated between the two but ended up with Nizzolo.

I'm not sure who has got him on their team though? Can't be that many. But it's looking good for him this season for sure :)
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
Hugo Koblet said:


Hopefully there are no mistakes, but if you spot any please let me know!


I have Eros Capecchi on 10 when he should be 68. I think he was on 10 but his GC position in the St Luis race probably hasnt been updated i dunno.
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
Just because you have aussies doesn't mean you will do much good!
You should beat Wiiggins fan if thats any consolation.

The guy on 1700 or so points has this wrapped up anyway, probably its the equivalent of a 25 minute lead during a flat stage at the Tour but maybe that can be dragged back eventually.. The chase is on.:cool:
 
sublimit said:
You should beat Wiiggins fan if thats any consolation.

The guy on 1700 or so points has this wrapped up anyway, probably its the equivalent of a 25 minute lead during a flat stage at the Tour but maybe that can be dragged back eventually.. The chase is on.:cool:
Go have a look at his team - it's the equivalent of sprinting for the mountain top after 700m of a prologue to win the KOM jersey. Australians might look good in January but it's all downhill from here.
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
Microdose -

BOBRIDGE Jack
BROWN Graeme
CANTWELL Jonathan
COOKE Baden
DAVIS Allan
DENNIS Rohan
DOCKER Mitchell
DURBRIDGE Luke
EVANS Cadel
GERRANS Simon
GOSS Matthew
HANSEN Adam
HAUSSLER Heinrich
HAYMAN Mathew
HOWARD Leigh
LANCASTER Brett
LAPTHORNE Darren
LLOYD Matthew
LOWE Trent
MATTHEWS Michael
MEYER Cameron
MEYER Travis
O'GRADY Stuart
RENSHAW Mark
ROE Timothy
ROGERS Michael
SULZBERGER Wesley
SUTTON Christopher
WALKER Johnnie


It looks OK, they could prove hard to catch.

He gas Goss, Mathews,Davis, Sutton for sprints, GC riders like Evans, Rogers. All round hard men like Haussler and Gerrans.
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
Well, congrats to all you fast starters, but I'll take what I have. One race in and I have a rider who already surpassed his total from last year (swift). I also have 59 points from Hermans which is a nice start for 223 point rider.

My worries are Ciolek and Chicchi. Chicchi especially... he came out of the gate strong last year and didn't manage much at all in Australia. Perhaps the switch to QSI won't be good for either.
 
sublimit said:
Microdose -

BOBRIDGE Jack
BROWN Graeme
CANTWELL Jonathan
COOKE Baden
DAVIS Allan
DENNIS Rohan
DOCKER Mitchell
DURBRIDGE Luke
EVANS Cadel
GERRANS Simon
GOSS Matthew
HANSEN Adam
HAUSSLER Heinrich
HAYMAN Mathew
HOWARD Leigh
LANCASTER Brett
LAPTHORNE Darren
LLOYD Matthew
LOWE Trent
MATTHEWS Michael
MEYER Cameron
MEYER Travis
O'GRADY Stuart
RENSHAW Mark
ROE Timothy
ROGERS Michael
SULZBERGER Wesley
SUTTON Christopher
WALKER Johnnie


It looks OK, they could prove hard to catch.

He gas Goss, Mathews,Davis, Sutton for sprints, GC riders like Evans, Rogers. All round hard men like Haussler and Gerrans.

I hope you're not serious. He hasn't picked that team. No thought has gone in to it. It's just a list of Australians.

Obviously he will shoot in to a lead when riders are able to outperform due to the Southern Hemisphere Summer, but a team selected purely on nationality has no more predictive ability than a dart board, and will only win through blind luck.
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
Waterloo Sunrise said:
I hope you're not serious. He hasn't picked that team. No thought has gone in to it. It's just a list of Australians.

Obviously he will shoot in to a lead when riders are able to outperform due to the Southern Hemisphere Summer, but a team selected purely on nationality has no more predictive ability than a dart board, and will only win through blind luck.
Deep down, I think whoever wins won't be one of the more "scientific" selectors, but rather a more "fan" based team.

I think those who did a lot of analysis and spent a lot of time figuring out who the best values are will do well... but from experience with "fantasy" games like this, it never seems like deep analysis works all that well.

I remember in my office "march madness" pool for college basketball, the old woman who picked games based on who had the tougher sounding mascots won twice in five years. We'll see if this one plays out differently.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Games and Fantasy Cycling 867

ASK THE COMMUNITY