• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 81 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
hrotha said:
I'm pretty disappointed by Movistar making Madrazo ride GW though. I thought he was above the whole classics filler thing, seeing how he's starting to deliver in the races that actually suit him.

Yea, me too. I was hoping he'd be off that duty and get to ride one of the Spanish April stage races or at least stuff like the GP Big Mig. Hopefully he gets a GT and one of the major June stage races, probably Tour de Suisse if his calendar is anything to go by. Maybe he can go to the Giro in one of the filler places usually given to the team's French domestiques. Put no pressure on him and see if he has the recoverability, like when Urán was off in breaks in week 3 of the 2009 Tour. Tell him he can drop out after 2 weeks if he wants - it's a brute of a route. I doubt Movistar would have much interest in doing the Volta a Portugal, but if they don't want to throw him under the bus in the super-hard Giro something like that would be a nice way to test the waters of recoverability; ride the race the way Lampre do... then again, Movistar will want their big guns in Burgos, and with the Tour de Pologne becoming more mountainous and challenging of late he might be a useful gun to have over there ahead of a Vuelta start.

Thought I would lose out bigtime this week, but seeing what you others are getting, it might not be too bad. Nuyens, Boonen, Ulissi, Schumacher & Haussler scoring quite well, while M.Velits and Deignan have finally scored some points.

A few of my riders are already paying back pretty well. These are my best value picks.

1. Juan Jose Cobo - Cost 0 - Scored 65 - Infinite
2. Stefan Schumacher - Cost 5 - Scored 62 - 1240,0%
3. Heinrich Haussler - Cost 251 - Scored 309 - 123,1%
4. Danilo Di Luca - Cost 113 - Scored 115 - 101,8%
5. Philip Deignan - Cost 5 - Scored 5 - 100,0%
6. John Degenkolb - Cost 144 - Scored 123 - 85,4%
7. Christian Vande Velde - Cost 90 - Scored 72 - 80,0%
8. Simon Gerrans - Cost 140 - Scored 106 - 75,7%
9. Kurt Asle Arvesen - Cost 24 - Scored 15 - 62,5%
10. Diego Ulissi - Cost 246 - Scored 145 - 58,9%

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
I think 612 points for me with big contributions from Uran and Boonen and lots of my riders picking up points. 4 of my riders scored their first points and I now have Cobo, Deignan, Goss, Haussler and Matthews who have at least equalled their points from last year.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Since the CQ download is available I did my own "update" and it looks like I got 677 points this week and should have 2929 points total but I may be wrong so lets wait for the official update :D

Mathematically, I dont get why i had such a poor week and am a little disapointed.

I had Sella - won Bartali with 2 stages and several days in jersey = 153, Uran - 5th Catalunia with a stage - 156 and Boonen - 220

I think that those were the 3 riders in the game (since no one has Contador or Scarponi) that were the top scorers for the week and i had them all.

THe other one was Taramei but he got less than these 3. 107

And yet i find a number of people who dont have some of these guys outscoring me or running close. This in a week where 2 of my guys racked up pretty major victories (dont get that every week) so i was hoping to get a little bit of a gap.

Sort of like a Joaquim Rodriguez finding out he only got 30 seconds on Tony Martin on a mountain, and theres a 50 k itt the next day.;)

youngest did very well but you can count him out because he gave up after Ricco got caught;)

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Eric8-A said:
I believe I got 140 points today alone.

Klodi's proving to be a great buy for me.

No kidding! I wouldnt be surprised if he gets over 1K this year. You got balls to pick this old dog and you sure will be rewarded :D

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Jancouver said:
No kidding! I wouldnt be surprised if he gets over 1K this year. You got balls to pick this old dog and you sure will be rewarded :D

He still has about 200 points from breaking even. If he can keep his form and stay away from injuries or illness, he'' rack up some serious pointage at the TdF.

The Hitch said:
Mathematically, I dont get why i had such a poor week and am a little disapointed.

I had Sella - won Bartali with 2 stages and several days in jersey = 153, Uran - 5th Catalunia with a stage - 156 and Boonen - 220

I think that those were the 3 riders in the game (since no one has Contador or Scarponi) that were the top scorers for the week and i had them all.

THe other one was Taramei but he got less than these 3. 107

And yet i find a number of people who dont have some of these guys outscoring me or running close. This in a week where 2 of my guys racked up pretty major victories (dont get that every week) so i was hoping to get a little bit of a gap.

Sort of like a Joaquim Rodriguez finding out he only got 30 seconds on Tony Martin on a mountain, and theres a 50 k itt the next day.;)

youngest did very well but you can count him out because he gave up after Ricco got caught;)

Well, I wouldn't say you had a poor week. you scored what? Like 670 points or something like that? It will probably be in the top 5 of scorers still.

I scored something like 632 points this week and looking at where the difference lies I think it's in the small scorers. We have a lot of the same riders so that evens out but then you had a big scorer in Sella and I instead had Nuyens at 80 plus a bunch of small scorers that you didn't have that almost compensates for that. 22 points for VDV, 14 points for Siutsou, 10 points for Vaitkus etc.

Update 11

Big races equals big points. Big points equals big changes in the leader board. Although there's only one new team in the top 10 a lot of teams have moved a lot of places - both in the right and wrong direction. Parrulo makes quite a jump as he moves from 19th to 10th place, pushing Sneekes out of the top 10.

This update's biggest loser is Tuarts who moves no less then 26 places in the wrong direction - from 27th to 53rd while a few teams have jumped quite a few places: Sydney21 who moves from 70th to 44th and nvpacchi who moves from 59th to 29th.

For sure a lot more changes are about to come as the spring season has really started. Is microdose able to hold on to his first place? Will The Hitch continue to climb up the ladder at the same rate which I move downwards?

Top 10:

Position (last update) Team name - points

1. (1) microdose - 3756
2. (2) Pcutter - 3605
3. (7) theyoungest - 3307
4. (5) AAC1983 - 3285
5. (4) Bicing - 3264
6. (6) LukeSchmid - 3240
7. (10 Handbrake - 3224
8. (9) The Hitch - 3195
9. (3) Kevin Rudd's Hairdryer - 3082
10. (19) Parrulo - 3071

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XINFMA9F

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Well he's going to ride them both according to the startlists.

Think he'll improve on last year's points what with starting all 3 GTs and then the flat Worlds.

I thought you put him there because you expected him to be a contender in the classics

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm slipping away further and further, but I only have one goal and that is to break even, although even that could prove a little difficult

TRENDING THREADS