• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 110 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hmm, should be an interesting week for my team.

Dowsett gets 2nd at Poitou Charentes with a stage win

Vandevelde, Van Garderen and Clement 2nd, 3rd 8th at USAPCC

Gerrans 2nd in Plouay

Heck, even Betancourt got in the action by getting 5th in an Italian 1.1 race

Haven't given up on this thing yet! Although the Vuelta looks like it's balanced on a pin for me, with Kessiakoff the real wildcard (also Cobo, but more people have him). Sivstov failed today, and it seems like Talansky and Lovkvist just are there for the scenery. I'm gonna have to depend on Tom Boonen or something!

In other news, with the Anton fail it looks like ingsve's lead is pretty safe through the vuelta...

skidmark said:
In other news, with the Anton fail it looks like ingsve's lead is pretty safe through the vuelta...

Well, it certainly lifts the nerves a little but it seems as soon as one door closes another one opens. Now I'm rooting against riders like Mollema and Seeldrayers instead. And I was glad in a way that EBH didn't feature in Plouay as well.

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
People may want to retain their trade secrets until the teams are revealedfor the game next year, but what do you guys think about Boonen? He's been pretty horrible in the Tour and Vuelta. Today his time trial result was 11 minutes down... WTF

Looking at his potential and his track records he'll be one of those tempting riders, but will he be worth it??

2006 - 2,559 points
2007 - 1,479
2008 - 1,328
2009 - 1,377
2010 - 777
2011 - 495 points (so far)

He's a bit of an expensive bargain too, like Ricco was this year. What do you think you'll do?

bicing said:
People may want to retain their trade secrets until the teams are revealedfor the game next year, but what do you guys think about Boonen? He's been pretty horrible in the Tour and Vuelta. Today his time trial result was 11 minutes down... WTF

Looking at his potential and his track records he'll be one of those tempting riders, but will he be worth it??

2006 - 2,559 points
2007 - 1,479
2008 - 1,328
2009 - 1,377
2010 - 777
2011 - 495 points (so far)

He's a bit of an expensive bargain too, like Ricco was this year. What do you think you'll do?

Well, I have him this year at 777 and was hoping he would get back to his old 1200+ scores at least but that doesn't seem to happen. I think for next year it will depend strongly on what score he finishes on and what other available riders there are. If he has a good worlds and can finish top 5 at least then he would be closer to break even for the year.

roundabout said:
I see a steady decline. Even if the man himself doesn't like it I'd only consider him if he would show something in the sprints.

He will very likely improve next year but I don't see him making to 1000 on the basis of spring classics alone.

One problem with Boonen with regard to this game that I have noticed this year is that he's not interested in sprinting for minor placings. Either he is in the hunt for the win or he usually just rolls over the finish line even in small group that sprints for 2nd.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
If he can be good in the first races of the year (Oman, Qatar,) and the classics, he should make up his worth. I'm not so sure about him in the sprints anymore though. He might have to take the approach that Hushovd's taking.

Update 33

A very close battle for a top 10 spot is starting to take place. Only 25 points separate Ham-N-Eggs in 6th place from AAc1983 in 10th place, and there's only 75 points between 6th and 13th place.
Two new teams, nvpacci and Bumeington are to be found in the top 10 this week while LukeSchmid and The Hitch moves out of the top 10.
ingsve is as dominant as ever while Waterloo Sunrise and mc_mountain have gone clear from rest of the top 10 and now fight each other for 2nd place.

No one really stands out as this weeks high jumper, but both Zaschrona and Sasquatch moves up 9 places.

A total of 54 teams have now passed the 7500 mark.

Top 10:

1. (1) ingsve - 10707
2. (3) mc_mountain - 10088
3. (2) Waterloo Sunrise - 10011
4. (4) Handbrake - 9589
5. (7) Sneekes - 9427
6. (8) Ham-N-Eggs - 9271
7. (5) theyoungest - 9266
8. (11) Bumeington - 9251
9. (12) nvpacchi - 9247
10. (10) AAC1983 - 9246

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VJLZA6ID

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking that when the vuelta ends, I've got a shot at getting into the top 10.

Wiggins (currently 3rd)
Mollema (currently 7th)
Cobo (currently 8th)
Van Den Broeck (currently 12th)
Seeldrayers (currently 21st)
Duarte (currently 29th)

I have some decent shots at good points from the GC there.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
I'm thinking that when the vuelta ends, I've got a shot at getting into the top 10.

Wiggins (currently 3rd)
Mollema (currently 7th)
Cobo (currently 8th)
Van Den Broeck (currently 12th)
Seeldrayers (currently 21st)
Duarte (currently 29th)

I have some decent shots at good points from the GC there.

I have Cobo and Duarte plus Kruiswijk 18th and Sorensen 20th.

Thanks for the update Hugo! (and sorry to bug you for one, I should have just been patient) I'm happy to crack the top 20 for the first time since January 10th, although I fear the vuelta is going to sink me for good. Friggin' Gotland, one spot in front of me, has got Anton, Bruseghin, Cobo, Duarte, Kessiakoff, Seeldraeyers and Wiggins! How am I supposed to keep up with that? Look out, top 10 guys.

Hugo Koblet said:
Update 33

A very close battle for a top 10 spot is starting to take place. Only 25 points separate Ham-N-Eggs in 6th place from AAc1983 in 10th place, and there's only 75 points between 6th and 13th place.
Two new teams, nvpacci and Bumeington are to be found in the top 10 this week while LukeSchmid and The Hitch moves out of the top 10.
ingsve is as dominant as ever while Waterloo Sunrise and mc_mountain have gone clear from rest of the top 10 and now fight each other for 2nd place.

No one really stands out as this weeks high jumper, but both Zaschrona and Sasquatch moves up 9 places.

A total of 54 teams have now passed the 7500 mark.

Top 10:

1. (1) ingsve - 10707
2. (3) mc_mountain - 10088
3. (2) Waterloo Sunrise - 10011
4. (4) Handbrake - 9589
5. (7) Sneekes - 9427
6. (8) Ham-N-Eggs - 9271
7. (5) theyoungest - 9266
8. (11) Bumeington - 9251
9. (12) nvpacchi - 9247
10. (10) AAC1983 - 9246

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VJLZA6ID

Not given up hope just yet for the top spot. i propose an alliance with waterloo sunrise - Uran (on his and ingsve's team) to ride for EBH for all the one day races coming up and i'll get Boonen (on my and ingsve's team) to lead out Ciolek...

mc_mountain said:
Not given up hope just yet for the top spot. i propose an alliance with waterloo sunrise - Uran (on his and ingsve's team) to ride for EBH for all the one day races coming up and i'll get Boonen (on my and ingsve's team) to lead out Ciolek...

Yes, you are a danger. Even with a good week where I had big single result scores from Dowsett, Vandevelde and Gerrans plus several minor scores with Chavanel in Red and Viviani (two riders not many others have) I still only managed to beat you by 1 point for the week.

ingsve said:
Yes, you are a danger. Even with a good week where I had big single result scores from Dowsett, Vandevelde and Gerrans plus several minor scores with Chavanel in Red and Viviani (two riders not many others have) I still only managed to beat you by 1 point for the week.

well i did score the same Dowsett, Vandevelde and Gerrans points as you. will be scoring the same Wiggins and Kessiakoff points as well over the next two weeks. need to cover Cobo's points - Degenkolb made a start on that today.

basically my hope for winning rest pretty much with EBH scoring some really serious points in the next 6 weeks.

mc_mountain said:
well i did score the same Dowsett, Vandevelde and Gerrans points as you. will be scoring the same Wiggins and Kessiakoff points as well over the next two weeks. need to cover Cobo's points - Degenkolb made a start on that today.

basically my hope for winning rest pretty much with EBH scoring some really serious points in the next 6 weeks.

Ya. I have a feeling that I need riders like Viviano, Chavanel, Bos, Navadauskas and Cunego to have a good rest of the season to keep you behind me since I do fear that EBH and Cavendish are not through with gathering points just yet.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Eric8-A said:
Did anybody choose Kessiakoff for their team?

He was one of the very last eliminations from my team, AAAARRRRGGHHH!!!!!!!

EDIT: And to answer your question, Arnout, Gotland, Ham-N-Eggs, ingsve, jaylew, jens_attacks, jpettersen, mc_mountain, Mellow_Vello, Moncoutie, mortland, nobilis, nvpacchi, Roundabout, skidmark, sneekes, The_Amateur, theyoungest and zapata. 19 in total

TRENDING THREADS