• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cricket- the sport not the insect

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I won't read too much into this match. The pitches that will be used in the tests made Steyn look like Ealham.

craig1985 said:
I was reading on Cricinfo that a few Indian pundits (Sanjay Manjrekar being one) are calling for VVS to be dropped for Rohit Sharma for the Perth Test, but Kohli to be given one more game to prove he is not Test standard.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2011/content/current/story/548562.html

Decent call but Sharma could easily fail if he debuts in Perth. Let Sharma come in for the final test. Still Lax is one of the best under pressure.

ramjambunath said:
I won't read too much into this match. The pitches that will be used in the tests made Steyn look like Ealham.

Decent call but Sharma could easily fail if he debuts in Perth. Let Sharma come in for the final test. Still Lax is one of the best under pressure.
Save Sharma for Adelaide. If you aren't good at letting the ball go then you will always have a tough time in Perth. Even out of form Laxman is the better choice with Sharma playing so much T20.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
42x16ss said:
Save Sharma for Adelaide. If you aren't good at letting the ball go then you will always have a tough time in Perth. Even out of form Laxman is the better choice with Sharma playing so much T20.
He's played a lot of Ranji cricket but gained stardom thanks to Just a meaningless ODIs and the sad IPL, would be nice to see his temperament.

This has to be the best name in cricket-
VD Philander
Unfortunate initials.

England loins beat the Bangles A by 6 wickets today. Nazimuddin was left stranded on 99*

Ranji semi finals started today
Rajasthan (defending champions) 89 all out vs Haryana 8/82 in the first innings in Rohtak Haryana.
Harshal Patel of Haryana has taken 8fers in consecutive FC matches.

Tamil Nadu 6/250 vs Mumbai in Mumbai

Mashonaland doing well and the Mountaineers are 5/35 in the second innings after the Mash Eagles took a 19 run lead in the first innings.
Jarvis 2/9 in 5 overs.

Rhinos, not Rhino Harris, also going brilliantly with centuries for Ballance and thunderqunt Kepler's son Rikki Wessels. Hopefully Gary Ballance plays for Zimbots and not the Poms.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hello all! I was at the final day of the Sydney Test match. On the final Day, the cheapest admission you could get into the SCG for an adult costed $60! :eek: What a disgrace!

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Did anybody see Sri Lanka get knocked over for 43 last night in their ODI against South Africa?

Yes, they couldn't score with a hooker the way they batted yesterday. Jayawardene's dismissal summed up their match.
Tsotsobe to Jayawardene, OUT, 132.8 kph, South Africa are into the tail. Mahela, as expected, falls to a loose shot into the off side. Not that he could have played these anywhere else. Short ball, angling across at a bustling pace, without offering the room for the full-blooded cut. Mahela tried to go over point, but ended up playing it straight into his hands. How much worse can this get? The lowest score in ODI history could be set today. What a way to start 2012 ...
DPMD Jayawardene c du Plessis b Tsotsobe 2 (20m 16b 0x4 0x6) SR: 12.50

Talk about pushing the customers to the very limit- Lord's, SCG and strangely any farking DLF whatsisname match (thankfully the tests are cheap as chips).

The Big Bash is a strange place when Puke Sh!te turns into a match winner for Melbourne and O-wise Sh@t is the third highest run getter. Collingwood may be bumped up to OBE if he can maintain his stupendously lacklustre form.

Last day on the forum as a member for me. The ads got me farked in training.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
anyone been watching the big bash? I've thoughly enjoyed it.

Been fantastic. Nothing better than settling in to the FoxSports boys each night after work... they come up with some funny sh!t.

As long as you appreciate it for what it is, 20/20 is a good game. Been interesting to watch the scoring this year, the bowlers have improved their variety and made it much harder to score. Although I thought Travis Birt the other night was going to set a fastest hundred record.. hits them as hard as Gayle and Warner for sure.

Took the kids to two matches at the G, great events from a family point of view. Pity about Saturday nights washout, was shaping as a good game.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Stars won that didn't they. Luke Wright kissing his badge after the 100 was a bit daft (not the same match of course).

When does the Sheffield Shield resume?

Spider/Ferminal or anyone who follows WA grade cricket, is this Thommo's son-
http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/cricket/viewplayer.aspx?entityid=535&save=0&playerid=471596&locx=PLY&seasonid=79&eid=535

Johnson said somewhere yesterday that he can make it back to the top and believes he has around 5-6 years at the top remaining in him. :D

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
ramjambunath said:
Stars won that didn't they. Luke Wright kissing his badge after the 100 was a bit daft (not the same match of course).

When does the Sheffield Shield resume?

Spider/Ferminal or anyone who follows WA grade cricket, is this Thommo's son-
http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/cricket/viewplayer.aspx?entityid=535&save=0&playerid=471596&locx=PLY&seasonid=79&eid=535

Johnson said somewhere yesterday that he can make it back to the top and believes he has around 5-6 years at the top remaining in him. :D

Wright kissing the badge was forgettable... carried away in the moment?

Shield starts early Feb?

Not sure on son of Thommo?

Johnson can get back to where he was... a second stringer. His problem is, the difference between his best and worse is too great.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
anyone been watching the big bash? I've thoughly enjoyed it.
I went to the game of Thunder vs Schorchers last night. It was not great ( except for Mitch Marsh going well ). Other than that i have enjoyed most of the games.

Sixers vs Strikers was a good game this week, the sixes bowling attack knuckled down and took wickets quickly which is good.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Swear filter racism:rolleyes:
Good job from Monty, been following that very closely and two spinners seems a viable option. They may have to play five bowlers for it to be viable.

Here's a question for close county followers-
Has Gary Ballance been declared for England or is he going to play for the Zimbots (hopefully).

Brisbane's name is a bit of a paradox compared to their strips isn't it, Heat doesn't correspond to cool minty blue. Good comeback to win the match by them.

Spider1964 said:
Wright kissing the badge was forgettable... carried away in the moment?

Shield starts early Feb?

Not sure on son of Thommo?

Johnson can get back to where he was... a second stringer. His problem is, the difference between his best and worse is too great.
Wright carried away by the fact that he could bat? Possibly.

Matthew Thomson shares the same name as Thommo's son and there are only two Thomson's that I could find, should be him. The other being English.

With Johnson doing underwear modelling, he is now a G stringer.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Spider1964 said:
Been fantastic. Nothing better than settling in to the FoxSports boys each night after work... they come up with some funny sh!t.

As long as you appreciate it for what it is, 20/20 is a good game. Been interesting to watch the scoring this year, the bowlers have improved their variety and made it much harder to score. Although I thought Travis Birt the other night was going to set a fastest hundred record.. hits them as hard as Gayle and Warner for sure.

Took the kids to two matches at the G, great events from a family point of view. Pity about Saturday nights washout, was shaping as a good game.

yeah some of the games have been great. I like flemming on fox, bit of a character. M. Waugh does a good job too.

tbh i like 20/20 a lot better then one day matches. Not a fan of odi.

Tests and t20 i like.

race for 4th place is looking inetersting, i think stars will hold on. Thunder screwed it up.

speaking of t20, starc played well the oth day good on him getting a go at the waca.

----

anyway hopefully india can at least be competitve here (cause of perth match times and weekend i should be able to watch a bit of this one)

TRENDING THREADS