• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2012 Stage 7 Sunday, June 10 125 km Morzine → Châtel

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 16, 2010
Visit site
maltiv said:
Richie Porte is almost 2 years older than EBH.

Really? I didn't know that. I got the impression when he was at Saxo that he was a "nipper". There must be quite an ego tussle going on at Sky now.
Not easy managing a team of winners.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Trunnions said:
Really? I didn't know that. I got the impression when he was at Saxo that he was a "nipper". There must be quite an ego tussle going on at Sky now.
Not easy managing a team of winners.

Porte is in his 3rd pro season, Boasson Hagen in his 5th. Porte became at quite an 'old' age, so that's probably were the confusion comes from.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Lanark said:
Porte is in his 3rd pro season, Boasson Hagen in his 5th. Porte became at quite an 'old' age, so that's probably were the confusion comes from.

I see. Older, but less experienced. All adds to the ego-battles.

But Scandinavians are renowned for being "strong" in the head.

That's why they make so many top class racing drivers too.

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Wiggins shows his weakness, lost a lot of time there on such a short climb, even to Rogers, Maybe Rogers to lead at the TDF?

EBH 4th, Sky should've just led it out properly, rather than seemingly an every man for himself at the finish.