• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 3

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Menchov 33 seconds back at the second check. I get the feeling we are going to see yet another underwhelming TdF performance from him next month.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
You do know that he's just returning from bronchitis, right?

I didn't know he'd been ill, no. Still, it's not really his form that I am worried about, it's staying on the bike.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Nothing. I was just commenting on Menchov in general. Is that OK?

[edit] Grabsch hit the first time check 43" down on EBH. That time of his is looking better and better.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Not even Grabsch can get close to EBH. EBH got lucky with tailwind. See how the others go but I see EBH winning this unless the wind helps someone else.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
EBH: "This is a good time. I was feeling well today. Because I haven’t trained hard recently, since I resumed riding my bike three weeks ago after my Achilles injury, I wanted to test myself today. It was pretty hard with the head wind after the GPM. I used my 46 gear in the climb but on the way back with tailwind, I was on the 55x11 all the time. It was a long course but I’m used to do 50 kilometres at the National and World championships. I hope to get the best possible result in this stage once the big names will finish."

It's always impossible to tell with Mechov which Denis we see.

I think he will be up there in the Tour. I don't think his performance in this TT is too bad. I think Boasson Hagen has rode consistently this TT.

If you look how some of the guys who were relatively close to him at the start, got blown away at the end and conversely how some guys like Svistov and Bak did well at the tail end of the course, he could well have put up a pretty difficult time to beat. I would be surprised if we see any below 1hr 02 minutes.

Jamsque said:
I don't think we can say the tailwind gave EBH the win unless someone manages to beat his time to the first split.

Why do you say that. Menchov finished 11 seconds down after being 33 seconds on the second split. Bodrogi also gained 8 seconds in the final split.

EBH said he had a headwind up the climb but a Tailwind at the flat in the end. Surely the result of Menchov and Bodrogi suggest the Tailwind is as strong now than when EBH rode?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
I don't think we can say the tailwind gave EBH the win unless someone manages to beat his time to the first split.

Jan the Man said:
Why do you say that. Menchov finished 11 seconds down after being 33 seconds on the second split. Bodrogi also gained 8 seconds in the final split.

EBH said he had a headwind up the climb but a Tailwind at the flat in the end. Surely the result of Menchov and Bodrogi suggest the Tailwind is as strong now than when EBH rode?

I think you two are saying the same thing.......only differently :)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
We totally are. I was responding to Sasquatch saying that Eddy 'got lucky' with the tailwind. It seems like it is helping others at least as much as it helped him.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
A lot of guys seem to be hitting that same zone 40-ish seconds back from EBH at the first check.

Sammy San is out on the course.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
The wind in South France, the mistral, is blowing hard against the riders in the 1st part. The asphalt quite bad (via @kmoerenhout)

It's going to get much worse. EBH's time is looking pretty sweet at the moment.

A

Anonymous

the live ticker is only showing menhov 10 seconds behind ebh at the finish.. makes that a very good ride my menchov or maybe ebh's time isnt that good