• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 3

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Doesn't say anything.

Menchov won a lot of time back on the last part.
Contador might do the same.

We don't know.
Wait and see before judging results

True, it's still surprising since it was uphill.
But you're very right. He might just blow them to the end.
Knees for example also didn't start well and is now in the Top 10 at stop 2. Which is like 15 places higher.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
This coverage is awful. Done on the cheap. No start ramp, no helicopter.
Shack checking out the Tour fuel?
Contador half a minute down...........

Aye, it's been driving me up the wall. And the English Eurosport commentators are slowly sapping my will to live too.

There was a discussion not that long ago about the importance of ambient sounds. We get some here, but what we get sounds all wrong to me. I'm wondering if that is why it all feels very flat to me.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
A former u23 world TT champion leading at the first split?

Say it ain't so. :rolleyes:

Who was 2nd that year.

Menchov already lost 1:30 on all of the other top guys, he will struggle to take back enough time to win the overall I think.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Francois the Postman said:
Aye, it's been driving me up the wall. And the English Eurosport commentators are slowly sapping my will to live too.

There was a discussion not that long ago about the importance of ambient sounds. We get some here, but what we get sounds all wrong to me. I'm wondering if that is why it all feels very flat to me.

Sounds like there in some basement in Croydon

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Swiss Tony said:
I noticed that as well on the opening prologue Contador constantly shifting his position back on his seat

Thats how Contador rides TTs. He is constantly shifting and resetting himself on the seat

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
They just flashed up the times for the 2nd check ever so briefly, I think I saw Brajkovic 16" ahead of Millar.

And here David comes to the finish line, beats EBH by 17 seconds!

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
What was his time?

I didn't catch it at the line, the graphics are blink-and-you-miss-them fast, but I'm pretty sure he was in the top 10.

Janez is going to take this from Millar I think.

The official ticker still doesn't have Brajkovic's 2nd split time up.