• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cuisine Corner

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 6, 2009
Visit site
Cuisine generally consists of me getting my knife (think Mick Dundee) and killing a croc or a kangaroo, cooking it on the barbie and opening up a keg of Foster's.

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
i'm getting very hungry reading this thread.

How many of you on here cook regulary in your homes?

all the time, grew up in a family owned restaurant.

c'mon over, one meal and you will wonder why i am not even fatter than I already am.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Interesting... That's on my menu for Wednesday. Are you roasting those (green?) asparagus (less healthy, but very tasty!)?

That's only days after the roast leg of lamb (boneless), with a brown sauce of meat trimmings, stock, carrots and onions that's been cooking for 4 hours, glazed carrots and garlic-mashed potatoes...

Green ... yes, very tasty. Balsalmic vinegar at the end adds the little kicker to the taste. Another Jamie Oliver winner.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
i'm getting very hungry reading this thread.

Almost daily.
My wife is a lousy cook =/

Today Tilapia with Mustardsauce and Witlof (Belgian endive ?)
Cheap, easy to make and very tasty.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
For anybody who loves to cook or eat. The film "Our Daily Bread" is fantastic. Shows most aspects of food cultivation and production. A how thing are made about food, it's really cool. No words or music throughout the entire film. A few ex-bike racers are featured.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Don't let her hear you saying that:eek:?

Can you explain what that is?

Witlof is Chicory, or as Ak-z mentioned French/Belgian Endive. Great with ham and cheese in the oven.

250px-Witlof_en_wortel.jpg

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Cuisine generally consists of me getting my knife (think Mick Dundee) and killing a croc or a kangaroo, cooking it on the barbie and opening up a keg of Foster's.

No kidding: alligator is some of the most succulent meat I have ever eaten. Haven't been able to find any since we moved here...

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
auscyclefan94 said:
Guess what's on the menu tonight? Pancake's with bluberries. I can only cook very simple foods.:D

simple foods are the best. I like to pick fresh dandelions in the spring and dress them with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice,salt and pepper. with some good bread and wine. A once a year treat.

hindiba_ufak.jpg
[/IMG]

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Sounds great .... bloody hungry sitting here at work ...

Marinated steak off of the BBq with a cabbage salad

Cabbage salad consists of , well , shredded cabbage, roasted pine nuts, crunchy noodles, balsamic vinegar and white wine vinegar and red onion, all mixed together

Then soak up left overs on plate with a slice of crunchy cobb loaf bread.

Wash that down with a Langhorne Creek (South Australia) Shiraz then a coffee and jobs done.

:p:p:p:p

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site

Every day I knock up something low in saturated fat from scratch, often involving pasta.
Tonight the husband and his cholesterol lowering diet are out, so I just got myself outside a decent sized pizza. It was soooo nice!! :p
I might have to brave a nasty cold wind on the bike tomorrow in penance.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone ever eat/like 'offal', like tripe, or other organ meat, like kidneys liver, sweetbreads, tongue and the like?

I just had a great French tripe meal, braised in mustard, tomatoes, wine and some herbs, with potatoes on the side. Yumm!

(This in a restaurant, as I am not to keen on cleaning tripe myself at home...)

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Does anyone ever eat/like 'offal', like tripe, or other organ meat, like kidneys liver, sweetbreads, tongue and the like?

I just had a great French tripe meal, braised in mustard, tomatoes, wine and some herbs, with potatoes on the side. Yumm!

I eat tripe as part of a soup 3 or 4 time a month. Pancita or Menudo. strange thing, this same style soup is common in Turkey. I am also really impressed with a brand of Indian sauces, Patak's brand are easy to find and the meal with meat prep is 20-25 minutes if you start the rice at the same time. I ate a Italian tripe sandwich at a cafe in Red Hook.They filmed a scene or 2 for the movie "Departed" there. Everything on the menu is good except the tripe I had a gag reflex moment. I finished it. I also ate Yak tripe in China.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:

Love the sweetbreads

TRENDING THREADS