• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cuisine Corner

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Does anyone ever eat/like 'offal', like tripe, or other organ meat, like kidneys liver, sweetbreads, tongue and the like?

I just had a great French tripe meal, braised in mustard, tomatoes, wine and some herbs, with potatoes on the side. Yumm!

(This in a restaurant, as I am not to keen on cleaning tripe myself at home...)

I had tripe once at an italian restaurant. I don't know if the chef botched it or what, but I sent it back and got a different meal. It wasn't like rubber, rubber was like it. Aside from the mustard, which I usually cannot bear, that meal sounds tasty.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Leg of Lamb steak, couscous salad w/ sun-dried tomatoes,basil,and currants. whole wheat pita, Hummus and roasted peppers and onions. washed down with a little red vino.
Almost forgot the peach and blueberry panna cotta for dessert

Lamb%20Susan%20Bathroom%20006.JPG

Lamb%20Susan%20Bathroom%20005.JPG

Lamb%20Susan%20Bathroom%20003.JPG
:eek:

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Fresh Juice at least a quart a day. Apples, carrots and celery make make up the base for most of my juice. From there I add parsley and other greens(collards, kale,chard, etc.), beets(tops and rot), ginger,garlic, broccoli and such. Lately I've been making a juice in the A.M. from pineapple, celery, carrot, parley and key limes.

My all time favorite breakfast is extra thick rolled oats cooked with fruit(berries,figs,bananas,raisins,etc) and topped with 2 eggs. It's basically an adaptation of huevos rancheros. Just before the oats are done, plop 2 eggs on top, cover and simmer for another few minutes. Turn off the heat,as they continue to cook. 5 minutes later, all done. A little salsa verde on the eggs makes it even better.

A

Anonymous

Breakfast nearly every day

6eg1gz.jpg

Miso soup. I prefer shiro miso but AKA is OK too, with noodles (udon, soba, ramen, or any left over), greens (asian varieties, mustard, turnip, collards) tofu, sometimes an egg like here, always a jalapeno, maybe some habanero and bits of whatever is around... and seaweed, wakame is my favorite but kombu or hijiki when out of wakame.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Beer steamed mussels with carrots, onion, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper and some cream... Love it, because it is quick and delicious.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Kürtőskalács

Magyar? I think I had this recently "Paradicsomos Kaposztaleves" a kind of cabbage soup with meat. Love the horseradish relish as well... (Ecetes Tormamartas?)

tongue breaking. Eating Hungarian is much easier.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
6eg1gz.jpg

Miso soup. I prefer shiro miso but AKA is OK too, with noodles (udon, soba, ramen, or any left over), greens (asian varieties, mustard, turnip, collards) tofu, sometimes an egg like here, always a jalapeno, maybe some habanero and bits of whatever is around... and seaweed, wakame is my favorite but kombu or hijiki when out of wakame.

Mmmm, looks very tasty:)

A

Anonymous

Tasty yes

With loads of electrolytes (salt), iodine from the sea veg. Is MSG essential to a healthy diet? If you were a meat eater you could slip in some animal parts too.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
I am, 100%

Really? I am first generation Australian. Both parents were born on the run in Germany at the end of WWII to my Hungarian grandparents. I only know a very little of Hungarian though. Difficult and unique language.

A

Anonymous

RDV4ROUBAIX said:
I am, 100%

legeslegmegszentségteleníttethetetlenebbjeitekként!

The first Hungarians I ever met came to Minneapolis after the Russians put down the revolution. I think it was 1956 -1958 time frame. That and "Sputnick" were the first political consciousness raising events of my life....

Years later I found (what looks like) a great cookbook. "Paul Kovi's Transylvanian Cusine". 1985 Romania, Hungary, Saxon Germans, etc the whole Middle Europe region. You could probably find it on line.

How about, "Feher Rokolyas Pityokaleves"?... aka potato soup!

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Most of our foods (american foods) are really unhealthy but I always treat myself to some candies and Ruffles once in a while hehehe. But I'm really a fan of Japanese food. I love all their foods because it's very unique and uhm...colorful?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Three of my staple and favourite meals:

1. Baked and grilled salmon with spinach, figs, onion and nutmeg.

DSC_0619.jpg

2. Baked chicken breast with asparagus, cherry tomatoes, any other vegetable you want to throw in, rosemary, and topped with balsamic vinegar after being cooked.

DSC_0604.jpg

3. Tuna steak stir fry with green beans, cherry tomatoes, garlic, anchioves and lemon juice.

DSC_0627.jpg

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
Three of my staple and favourite meals:

1. Baked and grilled salmon with spinach, figs, onion and nutmeg.

DSC_0619.jpg

2. Baked chicken breast with asparagus, cherry tomatoes, any other vegetable you want to throw in, rosemary, and topped with balsamic vinegar after being cooked.

DSC_0604.jpg

3. Tuna steak stir fry with green beans, cherry tomatoes, garlic, anchioves and lemon juice.

DSC_0627.jpg

Did you make these?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
JessyBurke said:
Did you make these?

Yes. The beauty of these meals is that it takes <15 minutes preparation time. Its easy to eat well when the preparation and cooking time are simple and the meals taste good!

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
these photos are superior to anything in babes on bikes. Krebs please post what Chili Verde and/or Chili Colorado is supposed to look like. Mexican Rice recipe:

1 cup med/short grain rice
half cup chopped onion
tomato paste
1 clove chopped garlic
half tsp oregano
3 tablespoons oil
2 cups chicken broth/stock
*salt and pepper to taste

heat oil in small sauce pan,add rice.
brown rice until it has a tan color and popcorn like smell
add onion and garlic to rice cook for 2 minutes
blend 1 heaping tbs of tomato paste with chicken stock
combine rice with stock/broth bring to a boil.stir together no more than twice
cover and reduce to a simmer until liquid is absorbed .
remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
you can also add a half cup of frozen veg (corn/peas/carrots)when you combine rice with liquid.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
fatandfast said:
these photos are superior to anything in babes on bikes. Krebs please post what Chili Verde and/or Chili Colorado is supposed to look like.
will be making chili verde this week. got the ingredients yesterday.
Friday it was New York steak, sauteed onions and mushrooms, cole slaw.

new%20york%20steak.jpg

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
Yes. The beauty of these meals is that it takes <15 minutes preparation time. Its easy to eat well when the preparation and cooking time are simple and the meals taste good!

Can you pls pls pls PM me the recipe? Please???

TRENDING THREADS