• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Di Luca tests positive for EPO in OOC test.

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

ianfra

BANNED
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Di Luca is very wealthy and influential man in cycling.

He's not stupid. Cycling is his hobby. Investment is his game.

Fingers in many pies.

Will you stop buying Toni & Guy hair are products?

Sorry Hog. I have no hair and therefore not in need of Toni & Guy's products. Also I have 23 bicycles so no need of a Kyklos either.
And you are correct about D iLuca's influence in Italy. That's why the usual process of possible corruption may have kicked in when he was previously fingered for doping.

ianfra said:
Sorry Hog. I have no hair and therefore not in need of Toni & Guy's products. Also I have 23 bicycles so no need of a Kyklos either.
And you are correct about D iLuca's influence in Italy. That's why the usual process of possible corruption may have kicked in when he was previously fingered for doping.

Well Italy is corruption! Money buys you anything you want.

But Di Luca is not corrupt. Just has money, sponsors and influence.

He'll never ride again but fully expect him to be running his own team in 2-3 years time.

Also wouldn't surprise me if B sample is negative. We'll see.

I don't see him as bad. He's only doing what many have done before him and are probably still doing today.

Vaughters in still correct. Doping comes down to logistics. Get the logistics right and you'll never get caught.

Logistics costs money.

manafana said:
di luca glowed more than Chernobyl.

Think that was the team kit.

giro13-st18TT-di-Luca-R.jpg

Terrible bike position, mind you.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Franklin said:
To see Ianfra who rails so hard against the mob mentality and so called Libel to argue for hurting innocent people, something which is far beyond any normal justice proofs his blinkers.

Your standards are deep in the gutter Ianfra. You should be deeply ashamed of yourself.
Your post is a laughable overreaction. "gutter" "deeply ashamed" lol
Ianfra is entitled to call for a consumer boycott without you carrying on as some heinous crime has been committed.

Zam_Olyas said:
Hogster, you have talk alot about bike position who's got the best position you have ever seen?

Contador. Look at his hip joint and pedal stroke. Phenomenal. Too many cyclists 'suffocate' their hips in the pedal stroke. They lose so much lower because their hips are tight and are trying to accommodate the up stroke. Loosen the hips. Open them up. Everything else will fall into place from there.

Andy Shleck when climbing. Watch his arm position to his shoulders. So relaxed.

Wiggins. Really like the way his upper body is so still. But he does tend to sit too far back and stays in the saddle way too much.

But Contador really. Probably the best I've ever seen. Watch his leg position. He almost has a straight leg on the down stoke and his knee life is extraordinary. Plenty of power generated. He does tend to get in and out of the saddle a lot but that's a good thing. Uses alternate muscle groups and doesn't get locked in one position. He also has the flexibility of a ballet dancer. The only criticism is he pulls his head to the left on big efforts. But that may more due to his brain injury than anything.

Over the years there's been many more. Doping to a degree can override poor position. See Froome etc.

But current day. Contador, Cancellera, Wiggins.

Ullrich notable mention.

thehog said:
Contador. Look at his hip joint and pedal stroke. Phenomenal. Too many cyclists 'suffocate' their hips in the pedal stroke. They lose so much lower because their hips are tight and are trying to accommodate the up stroke. Loosen the hips. Open them up. Everything else will fall into place from there.

Wiggins. Really like the way his upper body is so still. But he does tend to sit too far back and stays in the saddle way too much.

But Contador really. Probably the best I've ever seen. Watch his leg position. He almost has a straight leg on the down stoke and his knee life is extraordinary. Plenty of power generated. He does tend to get in and out of the saddle a lot but that's a good thing. Uses alternate muscle groups and doesn't get locked in one position. He also has the flexibility of a ballet dancer. The only criticism is he pulls his head to the left on big efforts. But that may more due to his brain injury than anything.

Over the years there's been many more. Doping to a degree can override poor position. See Froome etc.

Ullrich notable mention.

Watch this video of Contador training when he was suspended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H97Vnt53YJY&sns=em

Watch his style in the non-race mode.

So fluid. You could draw a line straight down from his eye balls to his knees to his ankles.

If there are any young kids watching. Mimic your position on Contador.

If you have an uneven body shape then get a bike fit and work from there.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
rata de sentina said:
Your post is a laughable overreaction. "gutter" "deeply ashamed" lol
Ianfra is entitled to call for a consumer boycott without you carrying on as some heinous crime has been committed.

Nonsense and then some. Ianfra invokes a ban against innocent people. And to really put this character into the light he deserves. Ianfra screams Libel and slander left and right. He wants due process sooooo much and we are oh so bad. Yet he himself goes buckshot after an A sample... and who does he want to hurt? An innocent company.

Double standards which he won't dare to answer and an injustice he (and anyone else) should be ashamed about.

But hey, you are ay-okay with all this... great. Let's flog everyone who sold bread to LA (they made money from him while they could have known he was evil).

Dear Wiggo said:
YES!! :D

Can you imagine the absolute fecal storm if LA posted something like

@JuanPelota
Good 2012 Wiggins, but ... NOT NORMAL bro! Tone it down!

Great idea for a thread with great potential. I have a hunch it would surpass the 'Contador's Huge Asz Noggin' thread in terms of good entertainment.

thehog said:

Ullrich notable mention.

thehog said:
Watch this video of Contador training when he was suspended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H97Vnt53YJY&sns=em

Watch his style in the non-race mode.

So fluid. You could draw a line straight down from his eye balls to his knees to his ankles.

If there are any young kids watching. Mimic your position on Contador.

If you have an uneven body shape then get a bike fit and work from there.

I got told there was fanboying going on in this thread :D love it :D

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:

Ullrich notable mention.

Hey, this is really interesting. I would like to hear your opinion on some of the other top guys' styles at some point if you can be bothered.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
Well one thing's for sure...Voeckler would be ranked as the worst :p

Way back in the prehistoric past I remember Lemond commenting on how terrible Sean Kelly's positioning was--Lemond said Kelly would've won even more races if he'd been properly fitted on a bike (although the bad fit didn't seem to hurt Kelly's descending).

I know positioning isn't technique, but you can't ride smoothly if you aren't properly set up.

Frank Vandebroucke is another rider people always pointed to as having an absolutely fluid and beautiful pedaling style.

TRENDING THREADS