• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Difference between Floyd and Armstrong?

What is the difference between Floyd Landis and Lance Armstrong?

One is a fraudulent winner of the Tour de France who cheated and lied to the world for his own advantage, the other one followed suit but got caught and eventually admitted what he did.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ninety5rpm said:
what is the difference between floyd landis and lance armstrong?

one is a fraudulent winner of the tour de france who cheated and lied to the world for his own advantage, the other one followed suit but got caught and eventually admitted what he did.

$120,000,000.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
No offence intended 95 but this has been covered in depth in other threads. Given the current state of the forum, being July, this is only going to invite the 43rd coming of the usual pro-Lance, anti-Floyd, pro-Floyd, Lance sucks, and Lemond rules/sucks/is bitter comments.

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Moderators, Why not just post a link to the 10,000 other threads on the same subject and close this one. It adds nothing new and is just one more place for people to rehash their insults of others.

pedaling squares said:
No offence intended 95 but this has been covered in depth in other threads. Given the current state of the forum, being July, this is only going to invite the 43rd coming of the usual pro-Lance, anti-Floyd, pro-Floyd, Lance sucks, and Lemond rules/sucks/is bitter comments.
A thread soliciting one-liner jokes in answer to this question? Sorry, haven't seen that one yet.

Q: What is the difference between Floyd Landis and Lance Armstrong?

So far we have:

* One is a fraudulent winner of the Tour de France who cheated and lied to the world for his own advantage, the other one followed suit but got caught and eventually admitted what he did.
* $120,000,000.
* One wrote two books about being clean; the other [wrote] one.
* One has a much better chance of going to jail than the other?

Pretty good for a start, I think.

Have you guys really seen this in other threads?

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Keep the thread!

These are new to me and great stuff. Funny and simplified like a Carl Rove talking point so everyone can understand them. [runs off to think of one himself]

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Tell us if we are getting warm:

A Ferrari?

One gives hope to people, the other is from Texas.

One is retired.

Floyd hasn't blocked me on Twitter.

Ninety, I hope you are sponsoring a prize for this.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Ok 95, if it's going to be a joke thread. But wait and see what comes when the usual suspects arrive...

The difference is that one fell from grace. The other banged Grace because she looked like his mother and fell from his bike. Again and again and again and again.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
The difference:

Q: What's the difference between Floyd Landis and Lance Armstrong?

A: One lied to a buttload of people about doping for years, the other lied to cancer patients

:eek:

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
What is the difference between Floyd Landis and Lance Armstrong?

One is a fraudulent winner of the Tour de France who cheated and lied to the world for his own advantage, the other one followed suit but got caught and eventually admitted what he did.

One is a fraudulent winner of the Tour de France who cheated and lied to the world for his own advantage and the other is a fraudulent 7 time winner of the Tour de France who cheated and lied to the world for his own advantage.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
There has been a difference in the forum approach to the riders.

One difference is you'd regularly see people on this forum say Landis is stupid and uneducated, that he is a heavy drinker and is fatty with no real talent that can't hold down a marriage and will probably end up a bum.

Of course, if you say that now you're a Public Strategies troll.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Methinks someone is upset he wasn't PMed today.

I'll try to fit you in next time buddy. Sorry that you've been out of the loop today.

I should really make a list.

TRENDING THREADS