Doping In Athletics

Page 105 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 5, 2021
It’s like the red dot you shine on the floor with a laser for your cat to chase, except for T&F it zips around the track inside Lane 1, moving at the WR pace. So you can see (on TV) and in stands whether a runner is ahead of behind WR pace at any moment.
I see thanks for explaining

He said to local TV that he doesn't believe that he'll be allowed to compete at the Olympics.
The guy now has a wife and a child, he said that he mainly wanted to prove that it wasn't his fault this time.
I guess he was an easy target and they mainly pucked him because he worked with Donati, who has a ton pf enemies in the Italian sports federations. He was one of the driving forces behind the blood tranfusion ban in the 80ies.

and

I still don't know what to think of it all

9.77 for trayvon bromnell!!!......nothing to see it's just a fast track....LOL!

i heard fraser pryce....'i hope more than anything that i may post a fast time...it would mean more than medals'....................then BOOM! 10.63 ...i guess not such a surprise

it's olympic year......look at lizzie deignen...last year prepared for olympics she was phenominal
then this year could not follow wheels........a mystery illness was talked about.....she was not seen
with many ? her whereabouts...now she's back flying again.....

Mark L

I just can't imagine how good the stuff FGJ was on when she did 10.49 30+ years ago.
Good dope + illegal wind = 10.49s.

Here's an excerpt from an article I read yesterday:

On July 16, 1988 Florence Griffith-Joyner ran 10.49 in the 100-meters at the United States Olympic Trials. In a quarterfinal heat, she slashed almost three tenths of a second off the old world record of 10.76. More startling was the wind reading, which read 0.0 for the race despite the presence of windy and gusty conditions that afternoon at Michael A. Carroll Track and Soccer Stadium in Indianapolis. The time defied logic. 10.49 and 0.0 were both greeted with equal parts shock and skepticism.

And it wasn’t just Griffith-Joyner who ran fast that afternoon. Her heat and the next heat (which also had a wind reading of 0.0) were littered with personal and lifetime bests. The other wind readings from that day, including the triple jump, which was taking place concurrently, all suggested that the race had an aiding wind in excess of the legal limit of 2.0 meters per second. Omega, the timing company for the meet, maintained that the wind reading was correct. The Athletics Congress (TAC) the sport’s national governing body at the time, accepted the mark. The international federation, the IAAF, followed suit and 10.49 was ratified as the world record in the women’s 100.

Good dope + illegal wind = 10.49s.
Come on it wasn't just illegal wind she was running similar times frequently. Was there frequent illegal wind blowing at the Seoul Olympics? She won the gold in 10.54!

Flojo was on rocket fuel and 1988 was before the cold war ended and the East German sports machine dissolved. Testing for steroids etc was sub standard compared to today. Flojo would demolish any woman since. 10.49 is a decent time for healthy young amateur men even today. Credit where due. Her story is actually quite sad.

a word for mo f...failed to qualify for olympics by 1 min.....going for final punt in approx 1 week
at brit champ....thought is that very few in race can run in qualification time so mo will have
to go solo....hope he has the special salazar sauce ready

Mark L

It's interesting that this case seemed to go through the full appeals process, all the way to CAS, without being announced. The athlete was essentially allowed to lie and say they were out injured. I wonder why this particular athlete was allowed this courtesy and not others? Maybe after the Oregon Project folded Nike reached out to try and save face for the Bowerman Track Club?

It's interesting that this case seemed to go through the full appeals process, all the way to CAS, without being announced. The athlete was essentially allowed to lie and say they were out injured. I wonder why this particular athlete was allowed this courtesy and not others? Maybe after the Oregon Project folded Nike reached out to try and save face for the Bowerman Track Club?
Respectfully, I think a running forum such as letsrun would be a better place for this discussion, cause there sure are some sparks regarding Houlihan flying over there.

Last December one of my dope-test indeed came out positive. My 3-months-old son, as it has appeared later, was prescribed to take a medication from the WADA's list. A child at this age cannot swallow, so the pills must have been prepared in a certain way. That resulted in tiny almost invisible particles of powder being at my kitchen that have caused a positive test.
Luckily, it ended up nicely. I'm glad and thankful to AIU and WA that they have managed to review and resolve this case properly.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQawsMDFpIK/

lol

This is still an excuse they offer in 2021? Dirty food trucks...that is why I never eat food from them, I might accidentally injest a PED...

After being notified of the positive test in January, Houlihan created a food log of everything she had consumed the week prior to the test.
Her team believes the result came from a pork burrito Houlihan purchased at a food truck near her home in Beaverton, Oregon, and ate the night before the 6 a.m. test.

Reactions: Sciatic

ASK THE COMMUNITY