Doping In Athletics

Page 104 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Cheptegei also broke Bekele's 10,000 WR the other day, with a casual time of 26:11!

Women's 5,000 WR fell at the same meeting.
There's some discussion on running forums about the new/current use of Wavelights and how much of a role they play in pacing a runner to a record time, some think they're another form of cheating, some think they aren't all that helpful and are merely an amusing lightshow for the spectators. I don't know yet for sure, but with the Wavelights, the bouncy shoes, and PEDs records were bound to be broken. Nothing shocks or surprises me in the world of athletics anymore.

There's some discussion on running forums about the new/current use of Wavelights and how much of a role they play in pacing a runner to a record time, some think they're another form of cheating, some think they aren't all that helpful and are merely an amusing lightshow for the spectators. I don't know yet for sure, but with the Wavelights, the bouncy shoes, and PEDs records were bound to be broken. Nothing shocks or surprises me in the world of athletics anymore.
Well it has been a long time since those records have been broken. I'd say that it's more surprising that they lasted that long (as good as those records were).

One thing is for sure. This isn't the '90's. At least not yet.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 90s?

So what do you make of these Wave Lights? It's my understanding they are turned off at the last 400m?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ZSkjojnXA&ab_channel=FloTrack
Just compare the pacing between the Bekele's and Cheptegei's WR... It's crazy how even Cheptegei's splits were. Every lap was 62.9-63.0 seconds, on the dot. Even though he claimed that the lights didn't help him, I think they did... And yes, the last lap, they were turned off...

Reactions: gregrowlerson
Just compare the pacing between the Bekele's and Cheptegei's WR... It's crazy how even Cheptegei's splits were. Every lap was 62.9-63.0 seconds, on the dot. Even though he claimed that the lights didn't help him, I think they did... And yes, the last lap, they were turned off...

Thanks for the link, while I did watch vids of some of the races I wasn't aware of Cheptegei's actual 10k splits.

Split Bekele Cheptegei

1k 02:39.9 02:37.9
2k 02:35.8 02:37.1
3k 02:37.6 02:37.7
4k 02:37.0 02:37.1
5k 02:39.2 02:37.9
6k 02:35.5 02:37.3
7k 02:39.3 02:37.0
8k 02:40.7 02:37.4
9k 02:40.5 02:37.3
10k 02:32.4 02:34.3

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say yes, the lights must have definitely helped just a tiny tad. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: gregrowlerson
Whatever the new dope is, it's amazing for running marketing.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
One thing I actually am curious about is why athletics is breaking world records and *** while cycling is still a few minutes away from peak EPO era climbing times?

Or can we put that down to EPO benefitting guys with the physical build of marathon runners considerably less? Finally, I'd love that graph to start considerably earlier like clearly before the start of the EPO era.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The Clinic 2
D The Clinic 9
Invicituz The Clinic 0

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts