• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping In Athletics

Page 104 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Good dope + illegal wind = 10.49s.
Come on it wasn't just illegal wind she was running similar times frequently. Was there frequent illegal wind blowing at the Seoul Olympics? She won the gold in 10.54!

Flojo was on rocket fuel and 1988 was before the cold war ended and the East German sports machine dissolved. Testing for steroids etc was sub standard compared to today. Flojo would demolish any woman since. 10.49 is a decent time for healthy young amateur men even today. Credit where due. Her story is actually quite sad.

It's interesting that this case seemed to go through the full appeals process, all the way to CAS, without being announced. The athlete was essentially allowed to lie and say they were out injured. I wonder why this particular athlete was allowed this courtesy and not others? Maybe after the Oregon Project folded Nike reached out to try and save face for the Bowerman Track Club?

It's interesting that this case seemed to go through the full appeals process, all the way to CAS, without being announced. The athlete was essentially allowed to lie and say they were out injured. I wonder why this particular athlete was allowed this courtesy and not others? Maybe after the Oregon Project folded Nike reached out to try and save face for the Bowerman Track Club?
Respectfully, I think a running forum such as letsrun would be a better place for this discussion, cause there sure are some sparks regarding Houlihan flying over there.

Last December one of my dope-test indeed came out positive. My 3-months-old son, as it has appeared later, was prescribed to take a medication from the WADA's list. A child at this age cannot swallow, so the pills must have been prepared in a certain way. That resulted in tiny almost invisible particles of powder being at my kitchen that have caused a positive test.
Luckily, it ended up nicely. I'm glad and thankful to AIU and WA that they have managed to review and resolve this case properly.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQawsMDFpIK/

lol

This is still an excuse they offer in 2021? Dirty food trucks...that is why I never eat food from them, I might accidentally injest a PED...

After being notified of the positive test in January, Houlihan created a food log of everything she had consumed the week prior to the test.
Her team believes the result came from a pork burrito Houlihan purchased at a food truck near her home in Beaverton, Oregon, and ate the night before the 6 a.m. test.

Reactions: Sciatic
Errani level of excuse, "my mother's diuretic fell into the pasta when she was making Tortellini", that was still the funniest BS excuse that I've heard in years.

Yeah, that's a good one, but van der Poel senior's is still my favourite.

Anyway, I would like all sportive associations to have rules that you cannot compete for two, three or four years after you had a positive test, no matter what your excuse is. Of course that will be unfair to some, but it seems now everytime there is a positive at all, the athletes come up with some stupid excuse and you cannot prove that this is absolute bs, although everyone knows it is.
So I would persecute doping cases legally, but in case it cannot be proven it was deliberate doping you get free - like in other legal cases in most countries. For the sportive side however, you get banned, no matter what. No exceptions.
That's my dream.

(Like at university we were always told it's our job to make sure we don't miss the deadlines, if we do, too bad, no matter our good reasons.)

This is still an excuse they offer in 2021? Dirty food trucks...that is why I never eat food from them, I might accidentally injest a PED...

After being notified of the positive test in January, Houlihan created a food log of everything she had consumed the week prior to the test.
Her team believes the result came from a pork burrito Houlihan purchased at a food truck near her home in Beaverton, Oregon, and ate the night before the 6 a.m. test.
It’s even more ridiculous that she then “remembered” that the particular burrito was extra greasy that night and she figured she got the wrong order and it must have been boar meat. But having realized she got the wrong order, she ate the whole thing anyways? And oh yeah, it just so happens that boar raised for consumption in the US has occasionally been found to have traces of nandrolone. It’s like Bertie’s steak story to a power of ten. And even worse for those of us in the U.S., the NY Times and other media run articles saying how unfortunate it is that such a cruel twist of fate will keep our American record holder out of the Olympic Games. Ugh.

^^It really is stunning how many Americans think doping is rare and isolated in MOST sports, cycling is really dirty...but yeah, tennis, track and field....American football...are mostly clean.

It really makes you scratch your head why people believe the terrible lies about how the dope ended up in some athlete.

Then again, millions of Americans are very easily distracted and very lazy.

It’s even more ridiculous that she then “remembered” that the particular burrito was extra greasy that night and she figured she got the wrong order and it must have been boar meat. But having realized she got the wrong order, she ate the whole thing anyways? And oh yeah, it just so happens that boar raised for consumption in the US has occasionally been found to have traces of nandrolone. It’s like Bertie’s steak story to a power of ten. And even worse for those of us in the U.S., the NY Times and other media run articles saying how unfortunate it is that such a cruel twist of fate will keep our American record holder out of the Olympic Games. Ugh.
Doesn't really seem restricted to sports tbh.

Reminds me of Tyson and Hughie Fury also using the wild boar excuse to get away with Nandrolone positives. Thet one time stereotypes about Irish travelers were actually useful to them.

Richardson looks like a pole dancer. What an embarrassment to have her represent the U.S. Then again, I guess we no longer have any decency after we had a career criminal in the White House for four years.

Personal expression & style are great. Looking like a vampire from a B movie is not.

Richardson looks like a pole dancer. What an embarrassment to have her represent the U.S. Then again, I guess we no longer have any decency after we had a career criminal in the White House for four years.

Personal expression & style are great. Looking like a vampire from a B movie is not.
The way she looks has absolutely nothing to do with her athletic ability or representing her country.

Fair enough. I think she looks like a clown. Plenty of sports teams, federations, golf courses, swimming pools, employers, militaries, etc. have dress, hair, facial hair codes. There is something to be said for modesty. Nothing wrong with letting your talent, or character, speak for itself.

But, whatever. I think many pro athletes look like fools these days. Antoine Griezeman needs to get a haircut. Most guys in the NBA need to cut their dumb beards off. And 3/4 of the Italian soccer team need major tattoo removal.

Last edited:

Disagree strongly with that one. I don't think she is clean, but seeing her go into the stands and hugging her grandma after winning the 100m in the same week that her biological mother passed was very heartwarming. I'll cheer for her any day of the week.

just read alyson felix off to her 5th olympics...........now that is AmaZing

watching richardson again i'm really getting flo jo vibes......and her to end speed was similar
24.2 mph !!!

Mark L
Love my girl Allyson Felix, last time I saw her run in person at Hayward Field was about 11 years ago. However, at this point one does start (or doesn't end) to ask questions.

Reactions: Skalman

TRENDING THREADS