• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping In Athletics

Page 105 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
rhanks! TR it was not my intention to accuse felix....i just looked to highlight her achievement
SOMEWHERE....i also read that she has greatest no. of olympic/wc golds EVER in athletics
....felix has progressed as one would expect from 200.......to 400

meanwhile in the real world...i ran again 2.5 miles at 6.5 min mile pace ....at 62

Mark L
Quick check shows she has 19 the same as Bolt. Lewis has 17, can't think of anyone else who would be close

Fair enough. I think she looks like a clown. Plenty of sports teams, federations, golf courses, swimming pools, employers, militaries, etc. have dress, hair, facial hair codes. There is something to be said for modesty. Nothing wrong with letting your talent, or character, speak for itself.

But, whatever. I think many pro athletes look like fools these days. Antoine Griezeman needs to get a haircut. Most guys in the NBA need to cut their dumb beards off. And 3/4 of the Italian soccer team need major tattoo removal.

"Get off my lawn!" :)

Sha'carri Richardson is my No. 1 choice to get busted after winning an Olympic gold medal.

Seriously, Dennis Mitchell? How is it that he is even allowed within 50 km of an athletics meet?

On the other hand, maybe it's a case of "there's NO WAY she'd be glowing with Dennis Mitchell as her coach. Nobody could be that stupid."

We shall see...

rhanks! TR it was not my intention to accuse felix....i just looked to highlight her achievement
SOMEWHERE....i also read that she has greatest no. of olympic/wc golds EVER in athletics
....felix has progressed as one would expect from 200.......to 400

meanwhile in the real world...i ran again 2.5 miles at 6.5 min mile pace ....at 62

Mark L
Good job with your running!

No worries, especially once they get older I just presume most pro athletes are juicing, some are more obvious than others. Think I mentioned upthread I got burned by rooting for Regina Jacobs years ago, I'm not doing that again.

On a side note - it's going to be ridiculously hot here in Eugene this weekend, would hate to have to run any distance events. Also, I'm slowly getting used to the new Hayward Field... I still think it's a Phil Knight vanity project, but hopefully the new stadium will serve the current and future athletes well.

And if you look back over to include the last two Olympic years he's down in joint 11th and 14th. He's clearly a special athlete, but the current top long jump distances are well below what they have been in the recent past (I have no idea if he stopped at 2.33m in the high jump or failed the next height).

Reactions: Koronin
"Get off my lawn!" :)

Sha'carri Richardson is my No. 1 choice to get busted after winning an Olympic gold medal.

Seriously, Dennis Mitchell? How is it that he is even allowed within 50 km of an athletics meet?

On the other hand, maybe it's a case of "there's NO WAY she'd be glowing with Dennis Mitchell as her coach. Nobody could be that stupid."

We shall see...
Man, she's not even going to make it to Tokyo!

Is pot a masking agent?

Man, she's not even going to make it to Tokyo!

Is pot a masking agent?

WADA don't list it as one. I don't think it's been investigated as one but that's likely due to it being illegal in most places until recently anyway. I would guess it's on the list as a safety issue.

Reactions: Koronin
With her performance, it seems like a very weird hazard if she took it for completely different reasons and there is no relation, on the other hand, how can cannabis make you really that much faster??!
I don't agree with a ban on marijuana, but I see it more as a test of whether you can follow the rules. If you are brazen enough to ingest THC, knowing it's banned but also that it stays in your blood for weeks, you might have a tendency to use actual PEDs.

Reactions: joe_papp

TRENDING THREADS