• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping In Athletics

Page 86 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
You could bottle up the crowd's indignation and sell it at £3 a bottle to Middle England. Easily the funniest thing that's ever happened in athletics for a long time. It's a shame it's all coming to an end - I guess Gatlin's going to retire as well after this

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Gatlin winning 100m at 35?? Huge question mark, how is that possible? when we see Bolt who is miles better struggling due to age at 30. Not that Bolt is clean..
The hug between Bolt and Gatlin after the race, was Bolt saying in Gatlin's ears, "You have got to hook me up! Clearly you got the better stuff! Especially stuff dealing with age"

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Well yeah, we all know Gatlin's a cheat, that's the whole point. He's one of the most nakedly obvious dopers in sport. But why is this guy in particular being demonised when Yohan Blake is running next to him also being a convicted doper and yet he gets cheered into the stadium while Gatlin gets booed? Why is it that he gets booed but Farah, with all his dodgy connections and awkward denials, gets treated as a hero? It's hypocrisy across the board

He's an easy villain for athletics - promoters and broadcasters have painted him as such both because of his past record and because Bolt kept beating him. They never thought they'd have to worry about the day where he might actually take home the big prize. There's huge egg on face now, and it's absolutely glorious to watch everyone in that stadium cry salty tears because they didn't get their glorious send-off for Bolt and the world's most obvious doper crashed the party

Ewan MacKenna's on form on Twitter tonight

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Re:

bikenrrd said:
I'm looking forward to the World Champs.
Athletics is like cycling before the hidden motors arrived. At least you can't put motors in running shoes! At least, I don't think you can.

Motors in the shoes? Won't be surprised if that is already present. I don't think juice can do winning at 35. I am beginning to review all these body defying feats like
100m champion at 35
GT winner at 40+
Valverde miracle at 37
Landa winning all year with 2 GTs in the legs
Froome looking un-razelled after TDF
7 TDFs

All down to the motor....chemical is really old school

This cancer of a tabloid has hit a new low.

g218pgF.png

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Saint Unix said:
So the fastest man in the world is 35 years old. I can't wait for the olympics in 2024 when he's Chris Horner's age. These Americans age like a fine wine.

The fastest man in the World over 100m is still only 30 (for 3 more weeks). This year's fastest man is only 21.

Apart from that, well done on being able to use a keyboard to communicate. Easier than grunting.

Re: Re:

GreasyChain said:
Saint Unix said:
So the fastest man in the world is 35 years old. I can't wait for the olympics in 2024 when he's Chris Horner's age. These Americans age like a fine wine.

The fastest man in the World over 100m is still only 30 (for 3 more weeks). This year's fastest man is only 21.

Apart from that, well done on being able to use a keyboard to communicate. Easier than grunting.
Both the 30 year old and the 21 year old were there and couldn't beat the 35 year old in a race that is literally only about being fast. That means they're not the fastest. Results from two months ago or nine years ago or whatever don't mean anything. The fastest man in the World today is Justin Gatlin and he has a big, fat, shiny gold medal to prove it.

Also, it must be nice to be extremely intelligent like you. I can only imagine what that feels like. Grunt grunt.

Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
It's been a while since track running made me larf, but yeah, Mo's and Gatlin's runs made me larf.

You just have to have a sense of humor about this kind of a spectacle, I do feel for those who have tried to compete clean, though.

PS - Why Bolt never got busted I'll never know.
Too popular.

Re: Re:

GuyIncognito said:
Craigee said:
terribleone said:
Last k in 2:39 and Cram mentioned in one of his last training sessions he ran a 50sec 400 which is mental. The Ethiopian, Kenyans & Ugandans chucked in 62, 61, 63's for the entire race pretty much. Think the slowest lap was a 66. Then on a parade lap with the family, a cute PR move. Hopefully the FBI & USADA aren't too touched by it.

And guess whose presenting the gold medal to Farah!?! PRESIDENT LORD SEB COE! *pssst, we've got yer back Mo...* Oh my gawd...

Don't expect high morals from Lord Coe. He is after all a descendant from slave owners in the Caribbean Islands.

Hang everyone who is descended from someone who ever did anything questionable. It's only logical.

did anything questionable? Nice way of describing slavery.

We are all products of our breeding.

BigMac said:
This cancer of a tabloid has hit a new low.

g218pgF.png

I mean, the scumbags will cry about it, with all their fake indignation, would never expect any different.

What is important now is to get to the end of the games without Gatlin failing a test. Coleman coming 2nd helps him, but even then the story of "Bolt passes legacy to new hero" is preferable for them than anything involving Gatlin.

If Gatlin does get through the games safe, this will be more powerful than anything these idiots can write. If a 35 year old who everyone knows cheated, and suspects is still cheating, can win the Worlds and pass all the tests, then how can they claim athletics is clean?

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Bingo, one failed test and lose your career....Gatlin should be flipping burgers somewhere not running for gold in the WCs.

...and people are within their rights to boo and jeer, nobody put a gun to Gatlins head and made him dope, he decided to cheat and deserves the suspicion and innuendo this victory has attracted...arguably the testing worked as it caught him twice, what the hell are the IAAF and USADA doing in letting him still compete?!

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
He did his time and came back and is incredibly clean now because Bolt is and Gatlin is passing the same test. What an inspiring story of redemption.

Re:

deviant said:
Bingo, one failed test and lose your career....Gatlin should be flipping burgers somewhere not running for gold in the WCs.

...and people are within their rights to boo and jeer, nobody put a gun to Gatlins head and made him dope, he decided to cheat and deserves the suspicion and innuendo this victory has attracted...arguably the testing worked as it caught him twice, what the hell are the IAAF and USADA doing in letting him still compete?!

Sorry to break the news to you, but athletics is corrupt and rotten to the core. It is full of doping and cheating, from the very bottom to the very top.

You are acting like Gatlin is some bad guy who walked into a fairytale land full of honorable people.