• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping In Athletics

Page 88 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thehog said:
This is not a IAAF problem. It's a USADA problem whereby Tygart provides leniency for athletes who have a vocal support of he Christian faith.

Gatlin is not only still competing but managed to have both positives reduced to 2 years. That's astounding.

You nailed it - Tygart hype comes because one or two famous cases landed in his lap - USADA is soft when it comes to doping.

Will add that Bolt was not in shape - First time he's never doe the 100/200 metre double.

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
There seems in the mens 100m to be less insanely fast times being set in the past couple of years, perhaps they have been on a new THG/'The Clear' type drug and been tipped off about a new test and are lower octane at the moment.

yaco said:
thehog said:
This is not a IAAF problem. It's a USADA problem whereby Tygart provides leniency for athletes who have a vocal support of he Christian faith.

Gatlin is not only still competing but managed to have both positives reduced to 2 years. That's astounding.

You nailed it - Tygart hype comes because one or two famous cases landed in his lap - USADA is soft when it comes to doping.

Will add that Bolt was not in shape - First time he's never doe the 100/200 metre double.

Tygart is dreadfully compromised. Agreed the Armstrong case fell in his lap with testimony dropped in his hands. He couldn't that one. But Tygart's recent behaviour with Mayweather, Gatlin and others who speak of their love of God gets you a reduced sentence. The Nike Oregon Project appears much in the same boat of never coming to all form of conclusion.

Tygart love of stripclubs is what makes him even more baffling of a character on how he aligns that obsession with his religious beliefs.

Re:

Nellyspania said:
There seems in the mens 100m to be less insanely fast times being set in the past couple of years, perhaps they have been on a new THG/'The Clear' type drug and been tipped off about a new test and are lower octane at the moment.
Maybe some improvements to the 'steroidal module' of the ABP that was recently implemented might be having an impact?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26677027

I've gone camping the territory normally occupied by others and come up with something AMAZEBALLS!!! Try this for logic. We know as fact that British Cycling dope. As British Cycling dope for the glory of Queen and country and the patriotic warmth engendered by all those bangles and baubles, it follows that British Cycling would willingly share the secrets of their doping programme with British Athletics, for the glory of Queen and country and the patriotic warmth engendered by all those bangles and baubles, but since British Athletics are actually performing really *** here and not doing much by way of the glory of Queen and country and the patriotic warmth engendered by all those bangles and baubles it's pretty obvious that British Cycling are not sharing with them the secrets of their doping programme ... because it's all about motors, not drugs, proving not only that British Cycling are motor doping like crazy for the glory of Queen and country and the patriotic warmth engendered by all those bangles and baubles and have been motor doping like crazy for, like, years, but also that British Athletics doesn't have a doping programme and is sucking the proverbial totes clean.

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Don't know about doping but the finish of that women's 400m was suspect. Shaunae Miller-Uibo just stopped. Didn't look injured. Didn't look particularly gutted having lost an easy win

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Bwlch y Groes said:
Don't know about doping but the finish of that women's 400m was suspect. Shaunae Miller-Uibo just stopped. Didn't look injured. Didn't look particularly gutted having lost an easy win
Jesus...is this a joke?

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Kokoso said:
Bwlch y Groes said:
Jesus...is this a joke?

Why would it be? As the BBC pundits pointed out, if it was a serious injury she'd have been on the floor in agony. She got some mild treatment after I posted that but nothing so obvious that would basically stop her from running. It didn't look like an obvious stumble. It's really odd - I've never seen anything like that before. Weird results all over the shop in this World Championships

Re:

Bwlch y Groes said:
unusual is not the same as suspect, saying 'suspect' in the clinic implies that it looks like it has something to do with doping, how does this look like it has anything to do with doping?
It was one of the strangest things i've ever seen though, it was like a speeded up version of Jonny Brownlee at the end of his triathlon.

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

Singer01 said:
Bwlch y Groes said:
unusual is not the same as suspect, saying 'suspect' in the clinic implies that it looks like it has something to do with doping, how does this look like it has anything to do with doping?

I don't think it has anything to do with doping but I think it's a bit suspicious. I'm not saying she definitely threw the race but I think it has to be considered a possibility. Race-fixing never gets talked about in athletics but I'm sure it happens

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

Bwlch y Groes said:
Singer01 said:
Bwlch y Groes said:

I don't think it has anything to do with doping but I think it's a bit suspicious. I'm not saying she definitely threw the race but I think it has to be considered a possibility. Race-fixing never gets talked about in athletics but I'm sure it happens

Yes, I agree.

So does many athletes

http://thesportdigest.com/2017/07/study-nearly-35-percent-of-athletes-believe-matches-fixed/

Study: Nearly 35 Percent of Athletes Believe Matches Fixed

It surveyed more than 600 athletes in six European countries, including Austria, Cyprus, France, Great Britain, Greece and Ireland, about match-fixing and whether they have experienced it within their sport.

Athletes surveyed competed across 13 different sports, including athletics, badminton, basketball, football, gymnastics, handball, martial arts, rugby union, swimming, tennis, volleyball, water polo and weightlifting.

Preliminary results from the survey showed 20 percent of the athletes were aware of a fixed game in their sport during the past 12 months, while 12.6 percent reported that they were aware that they had been involved in a manipulated game.

In addition, early results also revealed that 15 percent of the athletes reported that they were approached within the last 12 months to fix a match with the majority manipulating a game due to financial difficulties or “to make easy money”.

Results from the forthcoming report, which is due to be released in full later this year, also highlighted the lack of trust shown by athletes towards the governing bodies, preventing them from reporting information about an incident of manipulation.

I think its a huge issue, together with doping and corruption it has to make a joke of sports.

Bwlch y Groes said:
Singer01 said:
Bwlch y Groes said:

i don't doubt that fixing does happen, but in the world championship final, in such a suspicious way?

Re:

fmk_RoI said:
I've gone camping the territory normally occupied by others and come up with something AMAZEBALLS!!! Try this for logic. We know as fact that British Cycling dope. As British Cycling dope for the glory of Queen and country and the patriotic warmth engendered by all those bangles and baubles, it follows that British Cycling would willingly share the secrets of their doping programme with British Athletics, for the glory of Queen and country and the patriotic warmth engendered by all those bangles and baubles, but since British Athletics are actually performing really **** here and not doing much by way of the glory of Queen and country and the patriotic warmth engendered by all those bangles and baubles it's pretty obvious that British Cycling are not sharing with them the secrets of their doping programme ... because it's all about motors, not drugs, proving not only that British Cycling are motor doping like crazy for the glory of Queen and country and the patriotic warmth engendered by all those bangles and baubles and have been motor doping like crazy for, like, years, but also that British Athletics doesn't have a doping programme and is sucking the proverbial totes clean.

Money and ego would make more sense than for Queen and country and patriotic warmth. In fact it is usually for money and ego.

Re:

fmk_RoI said:
I've gone camping the territory normally occupied by others and come up with something AMAZEBALLS!!! Try this for logic. We know as fact that British Cycling dope. As British Cycling dope for the glory of Queen and country and the patriotic warmth engendered by all those bangles and baubles, it follows that British Cycling would willingly share the secrets of their doping programme with British Athletics, for the glory of Queen and country and the patriotic warmth engendered by all those bangles and baubles, but since British Athletics are actually performing really **** here and not doing much by way of the glory of Queen and country and the patriotic warmth engendered by all those bangles and baubles it's pretty obvious that British Cycling are not sharing with them the secrets of their doping programme ... because it's all about motors, not drugs, proving not only that British Cycling are motor doping like crazy for the glory of Queen and country and the patriotic warmth engendered by all those bangles and baubles and have been motor doping like crazy for, like, years, but also that British Athletics doesn't have a doping programme and is sucking the proverbial totes clean.

just on the GB track cycling team maybe using motors since you brought it up here. The athletes wouldn't have to know would they? I for one would expect, not hope but expect that the UCI use proper testing methods for bike doping in Tokyo. It would be extremely suspicious if Mr Cookson is still president of the UCI and they don't do anything serious about testing the bikes.

It's going to super difficult for IAAF to promote a new "superstar of athletics" when all the juice has flown out of athletics and the results are *** DIRE. What was that men's 200m? 6 years back half of these times would not have qualified for the final (not verified haha)

Re:

I wouldn't be surprised if they popped Guliev just to give Wayde the gold anyway. :Neutral:

antonshipulin said:
It's going to super difficult for IAAF to promote a new "superstar of athletics" when all the juice has flown out of athletics and the results are **** DIRE. What was that men's 200m? 6 years back half of these times would not have qualified for the final (not verified haha)

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Bwlch y Groes said:
Kokoso said:
Bwlch y Groes said:
Jesus...is this a joke?

Why would it be? As the BBC pundits pointed out, if it was a serious injury she'd have been on the floor in agony. She got some mild treatment after I posted that but nothing so obvious that would basically stop her from running. It didn't look like an obvious stumble. It's really odd - I've never seen anything like that before. Weird results all over the shop in this World Championships
She was just out of power, that's it. Because of that she made wrong step. Have you never seen it before? Nothing odd about that. I would even say nice, exemplar case. Basically stopped her from running? Have we even seen same race? She ran to the finish line. Not so fast as before, but ran.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Kokoso said:
Bwlch y Groes said:
Kokoso said:
Bwlch y Groes said:
Jesus...is this a joke?

She was just out of power, that's it. Because of that she made wrong step. Have you never seen it before? Nothing odd about that. I would even say nice, exemplar case. Basically stopped her from running? Have we even seen same race? She ran to the finish line. Not so fast as before, but ran.

To be fair, it looked dodgy not just to bwichygroes, but also to a bunch of others.
On twitter somebody just noticed that in her interview last night, she said it was "just a trip".
It didn't look like a trip to me. It looked more like a badly faked cramp or something.
Razzy-worthy.

TRENDING THREADS