• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping In Athletics

Page 91 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BullsFan22 said:
Germany had another relatively poor athletics championship. The Russians with less than 20 athletes won more than the Germans (71 athletes).

The Anglo-Saxon wet dream is that only athletes from the UK and some British Commonwealth countries win medals. If others do win, that proves that track and field still has a doping problem.

Why anyone would pay good money to watch this crap is beyond me? At least cycling is free. I suspect that the German people have moved on in respect of track and field i.e. a growing consciousness that it is ridiculous.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
buckle said:
BullsFan22 said:
Germany had another relatively poor athletics championship. The Russians with less than 20 athletes won more than the Germans (71 athletes).

The Anglo-Saxon wet dream is that only athletes from the UK and some British Commonwealth countries win medals. If others do win, that proves that track and field still has a doping problem.

Why anyone would pay good money to watch this crap is beyond me? At least cycling is free. I suspect that the German people have moved on in respect of track and field i.e. a growing consciousness that it is ridiculous.

Cycling is more ridiculous because of motorized doping. Watching the big championships in track & field is more entertaining for me than the majority of cycling races.

I especially love the Decathlon / Heptathlon, High Jump, Long Jump, sprint numbers and the relay races. Always good for some drama, especially the relay races.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

yaco said:
Kokoso said:
yaco said:
From memory Kreuziger...beat the BSP
No, he didn't. Don't make things up.

You post in this part of the forum yet you have no knowledge of one of the most significant doping cases in the last
ten years - UCI and WADA dropped their BSP case against Kreuziger in May 2015 - And it was reported widely on Cycling News.

I've always had my doubts about the accuracy of the Biological Passport Program.
Well, of course I have knowledge about Kreuziger's case. My answer was related to you sayind "Kreuziger beat the BSP". But he did not beat the BSP. I have to say I have a problem not to percieve your post as trolling, you'd even deserve some harsh words.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Brullnux said:
Wow, picking up posts from three months ago to defend some Czechs. You've outdone yourself kokoso
Well, I don't read it here all the time and I'm forgetting where I've reacted so I search it and answer at once. T think that basically characterizes my attitude to this forum. I am not here every day. Maybe someone who's here all the time can't understand this attitude, I don't know.

I wonder why do you have problem with it, anyway. Pretty stupid comment from you, Brullnux. There is nothing bad or strange on reacting to thing three month old and it happens here and in the real life all the time.

Edit: I wonder why are you making mean comment on topic that doesn't even interests you. You've really outdone yourself. Or is it personal? Do you have something against me?
And what Czechs? Since when one person is multiple persons?

You've reacted agressively ad personam on topic you don't care about, nothing else. That's embarassing, really.

Kokoso does seem to bite whenever I post anything about Kreiziger - My post from three months ago - UCI charged Kreuziger with a ABP violation - The Czech Olympic Committee found no case to answer - The UCI appealed to CAS - Then CAS and the UCI dropped the case a few days before the hearing - So Kreuziger committed no anti-doping violation - It's crystal clear,

Re:

yaco said:
Kokoso does seem to bite whenever I post anything about Kreiziger - My post from three months ago - UCI charged Kreuziger with a ABP violation - The Czech Olympic Committee found no case to answer - The UCI appealed to CAS - Then CAS and the UCI dropped the case a few days before the hearing - So Kreuziger committed no anti-doping violation - It's crystal clear,

Not as simple as that explanation; Tinkoff, threatened that he'd take the case to the European Court if found guilty at CAS. He also raised the conflict of Cookson's son working at Sky. Then the case magically was dropped.

If nationalism amounts to holding one's compatriots to different standards than others, be it conscious or not, then in the context of the present discussion it is effectively a strategy of selectively looking the other way. Not very honest or intelligent, IMHO.

As a more general note, a quick glance at international news & events lately would suggest nationalism being everyone's problem at the moment.

Nice Farah compilation, BTW. Seems the middle management or whatever didnt get the memo about what to (not) post online once Mo quit the oregon prog.

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Re:

meat puppet said:
As a more general note, a quick glance at international news & events lately would suggest nationalism being everyone's problem at the moment.
This is beside the point but labeling patriotism as nationalsim is.

On point: Never go full Norwegian.

Re:

yaco said:
Not to mention he keeps calling it the BSP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this was posted before, but some interesting tidbits to be found.

The study is co-authored by Stephane Bermon btw.

http://athleticsillustrated.com/editorial/steve-magness-on-the-bermon-garnier-study-this-proves-testosterone-matters-even-if-it-is-naturally-produced-in-female-athletes/

“The other interesting part of the study is that because it was on the world’s best athletes, doping plays a role in testosterone levels,” Added Magness. “So a few in the media have pointed out that they didn’t see a difference between low testosterone and high testosterone performers in the 100m for instance, so you might then claim, “Testosterone doesn’t matter for the 100m!” But if we dig deeper, the study shows us that in men, throwers have lower testosterone levels than marathoners and race walkers. Now, all jokes aside, that makes no sense. But if we realize that those numbers are skewed because when people are doping and taking synthetic testosterone and then get off of it just before a competition (so as not to test positive) you often see a big dip in testosterone levels in their body. So, the same thing could explain why the better 100m performers had lower testosterone levels than the slower ones. It’s speculation of course, but that’s the problem. Doping bias studies at the elite level.”

Re:

Catwhoorg said:
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40279-017-0765-4

Doping prevalence at Worlds 2011 estimated to be 39.4-47.9%
at Pan Arab games 2011 estimated to be 52.4-61.8%

Once we're at those levels, doesn't it follow that it's basically ubiquitous? i.e. close to 100%, simply because the level of (doped) competition makes it impossible to even be there without doping.

TRENDING THREADS