• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping in other sports?

Page 92 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Hey RayRay, at least we didn´t call you idiot like you just did...
What is hurting you about "delusional", and what Tonton and others said correctly? If you behave worse than a blinded LA fanboy, you should man up and take some flak.
I mean you ignore everything presented to you, so that you still can hold up your shield "just one athlete". Even if it´s only one? It´s one of the dopers that responds "with the best" to drugs. Wrong choice Baby... ;)

Well you are an idiot. That's backed up by the fact that I have gave my opinion and you can't let it go. Your like a strange obsessed forum stalker
It's simple, I disagree with you get over it. If you want carry on with the topic fine.
Just state you case and move on. if someone disagrees instead of making snide and catty remarks trying to prove how smart you are and trying to come across like your the worlds expert on doping :D how about just disagreeing in a way where you don't insult the person who has a different view and move on.
I really don't see why you are so worked up about my view on one athlete.
I hope you getting some sleep.
Don't take drugs :D

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
ray j willings said:
Well you are an idiot. That's backed up by the fact that I have gave my opinion and you can't let it go. Your like a strange obsessed forum stalker
It's simple, I disagree with you get over it. If you want carry on with the topic fine.
Just state you case and move on. if someone disagrees instead of making snide and catty remarks trying to prove how smart you are and trying to come across like your the worlds expert on doping :D how about just disagreeing in a way where you don't insult the person who has a different view and move on.
I really don't see why you are so worked up about my view on one athlete.
I hope you getting some sleep.
Don't take drugs :D

Yes sure... now you get pretty much out of hand. But it´s ok. You are a little angered now, since basically no one shares your naive POV... First you attacked Tonton, who really didn´t wanna get into a "pissing contest" with you (wise decision of him), then you insulted Hitch & numeous forum members...

ray j willings said:
The Hitch said:
"I think he is clean because I'm a delusional fan and want to believe he is clean"

Isn't much of a "reason"

If your talking about me hitch , I gave my reasons why I think bolt "ONE ATHLETE" his clean.
It does not make me delusional or a fan, its my opinion. The fact you chuck out those kind of cheap remarks" delusional" trying to establish yourself as someone who thinks they know it all.

Your self righteous views are no more valid than anyone else and that fact you didn't have the balls to apologise when you claimed I was a fake poster shows the kind of person you are. SOME ONE WHO NEVER THINKS THEY ARE WRONG EVEN WHEN THEY ARE.

Oh yeah and if by some chance Bolt ever did get caught then I would have the balls to own up and admit I got it wrong. Its just a view not a matter of life or death as it seems to be for some idiots on here. I have a life outside of this forum.

Hitch world a place where you try and think like your hero instead of yourself.

... and now calling me an idiot. :eek: But crying out loud that others allegedly insulted you. All I can say: I am sorry for you. Really. That´s all... :cool:

For example, just go back to the time splits I posted for various (doped) sprinters, and compare that with your posts. After that be honest to youself and think again about who might be an idiot. ;)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

fenns said:
This is doping of Flo-Jo proportions

I disagree. I think it is just these new drugs, the SARMS, CJC, and other peptides.

there is some literature out there about testo and hgh in a cocktail for explosive athletes.

the problem with the 100metres for longer, taller athletes that could use their speed endurance and stride length to their advantage, like Lewis, was the start, and the acceleration to terminal velocity.

when their longer levers are in the starting position bent at about 60degrees, for them to unfold and fire and switch on, requires myriad more watts than a shorter athlete. pro rata this is. for the heuristic, just look at a taller and longer lever(ed) athlete in a gym, on the bench press, v a shorter guy.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
fenns said:
It seems the elite Americans have access to something new - like the Marion Jones days - remember she never failed a test. Probably not unrelated that Serena Williams is playing better tennis than ever.

nah, I dont think so.

the australians have access to it all too.

(and Brits, and Canucks)

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

foxxy wrote
... "and now calling me an idiot. :eek: But crying out loud that others allegedly insulted you. All I can say: I am sorry for you. Really. That´s all... :cool:

For example, just go back to the time splits I posted for various (doped) sprinters, and compare that with your posts. After that be honest to youself and think again about who might be an idiot. ;)"

my reply :D

I saw your split times. But I have gave my reason's for my opinion and that's it. You and your mates can't seem to handle an opposing view.
As for insulting others. If you take an objective look [can you do that?] then you will see I am responding to the barrage of derogatory remarks made by you and your mates.
Now I called you an idiot because as your words above show you cannot accept a view other than your own. Nothing to do with the topic just your elite snobbery attitude and comments "and your mates as well" that you seem to think are OK and are not insulting.

Lets try this and see if you can understand it and move on without making any derogatory comments to satisfy your ego and give yourself a pat on the back.

I RESPECT YOUR OPINION AND VIEW BUT I DISAGREE AND IMO I THINK BOLT IS A "ONE OF A KIND " UNIQUE ATHLETE AND IS NOT DOPING.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

ray j willings said:
alspacka said:
Gatlin new PB: 9.74 aged 33.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/may/17/justin-gatlin-trust-athletics-doping

Gatlin insists he's clean and Great Brit Jo Pavey's full of criticism so all is right in the world.

I just wonder how the benefit of doping holds up the older you get in athletics " shorter events"
I mean there have been some amazing Body building physiques of guys in their 60's
The drugs must still be working.

Answer, Not really, unless they keep taking it. If they are on Test plus some other anabolics they will need to keep taking these to keep the muscle density and testosterone levels up or they will naturally dwindle over time as in any other human. There is not some magic bullet that can hold testosterone levels at an inflated level. So no they are still getting help.

Although mainly at least in Gatlins case it seems - they just move on to the next untraceable version of doping so they can come back and keep earning money until they get caught again and get a lifetime ban.

Early last year, the saga began when the UFC (professional MMA) tried to schedule a 'grudge match' between Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen, who had played roles as opposing coaches in the TV series "TUF: Brazil 3." But when an NSAC official showed up at Silva's gym to simultaneously take Silva's application for a license to fight in the state and to administer an OOC, Wanderlei said he couldn't sign any of the paperwork without his lawyer because of his limited command of English. Then he scarpered. So he was charged with evading an OOC and subsequently banned for life by NSAC (more details here).

Now a Nevada district court judge has overturned Silva's ban, stating in part the ban "was not supported by substantial evidence" and ordered that NSAC re-hear the case. But the judge did concede that Silva's claim he wasn't subject to NSAC sanction because he wasn't at the time licensed to fight in the state was just smoke and mirrors. From the news accounts, it isn't clear what evidence of evading the OOC that judge thought was lacking.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

robertmooreheadlane said:
ray j willings said:
alspacka said:
Gatlin new PB: 9.74 aged 33.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/may/17/justin-gatlin-trust-athletics-doping

Gatlin insists he's clean and Great Brit Jo Pavey's full of criticism so all is right in the world.

I just wonder how the benefit of doping holds up the older you get in athletics " shorter events"
I mean there have been some amazing Body building physiques of guys in their 60's
The drugs must still be working.

Answer, Not really, unless they keep taking it. If they are on Test plus some other anabolics they will need to keep taking these to keep the muscle density and testosterone levels up or they will naturally dwindle over time as in any other human. There is not some magic bullet that can hold testosterone levels at an inflated level. So no they are still getting help.

Although mainly at least in Gatlins case it seems - they just move on to the next untraceable version of doping so they can come back and keep earning money until they get caught again and get a lifetime ban.

Usually you take steroids in cycles. Your big gain come when your on them. Its not a good idea to stay on them especially if you are chasing size/strength.
I was thinking as sprinting is such a short explosive sport I don't see why someone who starts late in the sport "has talent" could not do well in the 40's.

I tend to think that the athletes at the top are taking stuff we have no idea about.
They have the money and hunger for investment and they have always been ahead of the testers.
Testing is getting frequent and that's how many are getting caught.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
"Stuff we have no idea about"

But though you have "no idea" about it, you know enough to be able to tell who is on it by looking at them.

Makes sense.

See Hitch your like a fish with half a brain ,,,,easy to reel in.

You got there first ahead of your mates , well done :D

Brilliant , love this forum :D

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
"Usually you take steroids in cycles. Your big gain come when your on them. Its not a good idea to stay on them especially if you are chasing size/strength.
I was thinking as sprinting is such a short explosive sport I don't see why someone who starts late in the sport "has talent" could not do well in the 40's.

I tend to think that the athletes at the top are taking stuff we have no idea about.
They have the money and hunger for investment and they have always been ahead of the testers.
Testing is getting frequent and that's how many are getting caught."

Well there is either a complete lack of any type of sense to your post or you are being either completely stupid or trolling

Yes most people that know anything about drugs and doping or have done a 5 minute reading session on wikipedia know that steroids are used in cycles, for a number of reasons and mainly due to the damage it does to the liver, there are also a number of other items which need to be taken with drugs depending on what cycle or Block of drugs you are taking, For instance if you are on testosterone you will probably also be on an Estrogen blocker and insulin and some type of vitamin B complex, Add into that mix a muscle developer such as Dianobol very often this will be stacked with something else.

Now anyone with a 10 minute knowledge of doping would be able to do a number of searches and find the latest and newest products if they wanted to. So your idea that the best are on some new drug that you dont know about means you either dont know much about doping or you are trolling?
There were articles on potential for AICAR to be used in doping going back to 2008 and it was in the mainstream news by 2011. With the age of the internet there is no way anything that new stays hidden for that long.

Finally your point about sprinters and shorter distances meaning athletes could go later into there 40's also shows a bit of a lack of the human anatomy and physiology, or again - you are trolling?
Sprinters are born not made as endurance athletes are also. It takes specific muscle types to be good at one or the other. So anyone who is good at sprinting will be good over short distances (when compared to their efforts over long distances) at whatever age. So your post makes no sense.

Unless you are saying a sprinter who suddenly starts taking drugs at age 40 to get faster will be able to do things he couldn't before, which depending on the atrophy of age and the damage they had done to their body previously could be possible or could be wishful thinking.

So in summary you either don't know much on the subject of doping and drugs in sport
Or you are an internet troll with nothing better to do

Either way

Sucks to be you

The Hitch said:
ray j willings said:
The Hitch said:
"Stuff we have no idea about"

But though you have "no idea" about it, you know enough to be able to tell who is on it by looking at them.

Makes sense.

See Hitch your like a fish with half a brain ,,,,easy to reel in.

You got there first ahead of your mates , well done :D

Brilliant , love this forum :D

So you have been trolling all along?

Again, I have to compliment you on your polite even-handedness.

But, the obviousness of Ray's trolling arguably competes on a level with Sky's lies about marginal gains and claims that they doing first what everyone else has done for years.

Dave.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Bolt is clean.
Not one person on this site has proof he his doping....show me the money?
A few time sheets and data of doped runners mean nothing when you are talking about a athlete who has been smashing records clean since a young lad and IMO running to the full potential of his size. No history of doping young athletes in Jamaica and all those busts came after Bolt proved himself the greatest sprinter.

You have nuffink

Re:

ray j willings said:
Bolt is clean.
A few time sheets and data of doped runners mean nothing when you are talking about a athlete who has been smashing records clean since a young lad and IMO running to the full potential of his size. No history of doping young athletes in Jamaica and all those busts came after Bolt proved himself the greatest sprinter.

You have nuffink
Armstrong is clean.
A few time sheets and data of doped riders mean nothing when you are talking about a athlete who has been smashing records clean since a young lad and IMO riding to his full potential. No history of doping young athletes in Texas and all those busts came after Armstrong proved himself the greatest cyclist.